Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    And what if someone just dislikes me and has a large following so I get bullied? They are the douches and I'm the victim, but that would never happen, now would it?
    Use the live chat I posted above talk to blizzard and they will reverse the ban (Within 30mins 99% of the time).

Also you can pay $25 and server transfer. If you have such a large following bullying you I highly dough ur innocent.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    No worries; I'm primarily here on other subforums at this point (in the event you aren't being sarcastic ).
    I guess this forum does have a lit of appeal outside of WoW, that's true.
    Just don't start pulling your own hair out man :P.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    In almost every other sphere of society people pay a price for their words if it crosses any arbitrary line. Why do you think you're entitled to different in a game?
    The point I am making is that there are already tools in place for players to alleviate such problems without the need of an automated system that's so borked it allows people to be silenced for stating things like "I like WoW".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmm still won't take more then 30mins.

Bye then don't let the door hit "you" on the way out.
    I had it take over 60 minutes the last time I used it. So just shut up with that garbage "argument". It can take longer, and it most likely will take longer. If it doesn't great, good for you.

I'm already out the door

What harsh punishment do you think they will get?
    They will get at worse a account flag so their reports no longer count. But nothing more!
    Hopefully they will get their account suspended for 1-3 days, depending on how many repeat stuff they have on it.
    Then move on to longer bans, then perma.
    Notice the "hopefully" here. It's Blizzards choice after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    So because they've let some people slip through the cracks, you are of the mentality that they should just NOT bother with any rules/social conducts?
    The system is good for what it is, if you disregard the fact that people CAN abuse it.
    But if people get harsh punishments for abusing it, then most will likely NOT do it.
    Some people slipping through the cracks? Did you never play high level arenas/rbgs? Cheating and botting were rife, well reported, and yet blizzard did approximately fucking nothing to curb it for the longest time. Auto-report systems are easily gamed and what could they possibly levy as a punishment? Nothing. They will do nothing when it gets abused.
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    Hopefully they will get their account suspended for 1-3 days, depending on how many repeat stuff they have on it.
    Then move on to longer bans, then perma.
    Notice the "hopefully" here. It's Blizzards choice after all!
    Will never ever happen. Why would they throw out money? They will just ignore their reports and keep their money.

I had it take over 60 minutes the last time I used it. So just shut up with that garbage "argument". It can take longer, and it most likely will take longer. If it doesn't great, good for you.

I'm already out the door
    I bet you did pumpkin.

Even if what you said is true then that's only 60mins. Go watch a tv show while you wait for blizzard to talk to you. Its still much faster then putting in a ticket.

Also my argument is backed up by fact....

Once again
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Then why do you care? Why do we care about your opinion? You don't play the game.
    Because there are a metric shitload of people who have played the game in times past who may be looking at all of this nonsense and decide to not bother resubbing? Whether you or other current players care about those folks is irrelevant; I'm very certain bean counters at Blizzard do, and for the overall health of the game, more people resubbing would be a good thing.

I care because I don't want poorly implemented ideas like this infecting other games.

I don't get why assholes think that a game owned by a private company should somehow be a free-for-all for their toxicity.
    Ding Ding! The point right there. A platform with jerks on it is a platform most people don't want to use. There needs to be consequences for actions, and if you don't like it /shrug, find a service that allows it?

Deleted
    Use the live chat I posted above talk to blizzard and they will reverse the ban (Within 30mins 99% of the time).

Also you can pay $25 and server transfer. If you have such a large following bullying you I highly dough ur innocent.
    So if they have enough people to answer me in 30 minutes, why can't they look into the reports? Even if it takes them up to 2 hours, I'd rather have people look at it first!

So just run and hide? Great, so just ignore people who you don't like and fuck the silence system!
    Maybe I'm a Trump Supporter and just for that I get hate? (Which I do... a lot)

Been speaking in open chats all day, giving people advice and pointers. Not been silenced yet.
    This feature will absolutely do more good than bad. It's also quite hilarious to see all the jerks being upset that they'll have to think before they type and not just blurt out whatever insult that comes to their infantile little minds first...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-20 at 08:09 PM.

I guess this forum does have a lit of appeal outside of WoW, that's true.
    Just don't start pulling your own hair out man :P.
    Most of the subforums (besides General OT) have far less activity than this one.

On the General OT note...that place makes trade chat look like child's play. Lol

Deleted
    I bet you did pumpkin.

Even if what you said is true then that's only 60mins. Go watch a tv show while you wait for blizzard to talk to you. Its still much faster then putting in a ticket.

Also my argument is backed up by fact....

Once again
    ETA - Estimate Time of Arrival. It has NO other purpose then telling you how long the average wait time is, you moron.

So if they have enough people to answer me in 30 minutes, why can't they look into the reports? Even if it takes them up to 2 hours, I'd rather have people look at it first!

So just run and hide? Great, so just ignore people who you don't like and fuck the silence system!
    Maybe I'm a Trump Supporter and just for that I get hate? (Which I do... a lot)
    Its funny you say the bolded and yet tell people to just block or turn off trade chat...

Once again there is a simple fix to your super rare problem. Don't like it go unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA - Estimate Time of Arrival. It has NO other purpose then telling you how long the average wait time is, you moron.
    Do you know what the word average means because I don't think you do.

It isn't going to say ETA 5mins and you wait 7hours. Also nice childish name calling when you can't defend your argument. Go show blizzard how mad you are by unsubbing.

I don't get why assholes think that a game owned by a private company should somehow be a free-for-all for their toxicity.

You can be punished for extreme speech by your government/employer/friends etc, why should you be able to get away with it in Blizzard's property if they chose otherwise?
    Zapping people who are being legit asshats in game is fine. It's the automated nature of this system, and the ease of which people can be silenced (despite not violating ToS or such) that is of concern.

I'd be willing to guess,

If you've got silenced already, you probably deserved it

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been harassed on the forums with someone following me around and repoting everything I do as Spam. I was banned twice.

I submitted tickets essentially saying the same thing we are worried about with the silence penalty...WHY am I getting banned and with the perpetrators be caught and reprimanded? The answers was essentially "We dgaf, bye".

So No, the abusers will NOT be held accountable. Report at will.

I haven't yet. But then again, I haven't told anyone to kill themselves or anything similarly offensive. Go figure.

It's an automated system that can easily be manipulated and abused.

GG Blizzard. Way to kill my vibe, how else am I going to tell random people online to get cancer and die?

I have crippling depression.