Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Surprisingly moonkin damage is better than I expected while missing our artificat weapon. The rotation is rather boring at the moment because we can't effectively use FoE with our poor Astral Power generation. It's true we have lost pretty much all opening burst potential, but we "climb" well. Most moonkins won't be topping meters but we're definitely middle of the pack to above average.

If your performance is poor i would suggest doing some investigating. I'm not saying you should be top 5 on every single fight. But if you're bottom of the barrel either the 19 other raiders in your guild are just on another level, or it's the player...not the class.

and yes we lose the combination of SoC+Stellar drift and gain the combination of MoonMoon+FoE which is going to be better anyway.
    Yeah and you're right in that I was, I definitely wasnt bottom of the barrel, just being a grumpy old man telling kids to get off my lawn I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    No more situational than Lunar Strike.
    Fair enough. But that will at least be used to dump empowerments.

Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Then either youre an incredible player, or your class comp is pretty crazy, because my parses from last night ranged from decent to depressing (i realize its one night, incredibly small sample size... i understand) and was consistently near the bottom through all of it.

The warlocks and rogues had a hayday, mages were silly, and hunters had some pretty crazy on demand burst. Was hanging out with shamans and windwalkers.

1/10 had no fun.

Also unfun was that the only thing that brought us from depressing to above-tank-calibre, was the combination of SoC and Stellar drift which wont be avaliable in legion.

A lot of people disliked the eclipse bar because it felt like the class was playing itself, welp, now we have nothing special about us and are a typical keep up dots and spam class. I suppose we do have innervate, but that will in no way make up for our abysmal damage both now and (barring huge buffs) in legion.
    well to be fair to blizz they are not done tuning. Warlocks,hunters,and fire mages all seem a bit high, but I assume/hope they tweak stuff based on all the new data they're getting from live. Also take into account all of our artifacts contribute differently so they have to tune around those as well. all and all though I feel mid pack played well, which is where we normally are and Im ok with that.

Hello fellow lazerchickens, looking for everyones feedback regarding the following talent debate.
    In Warlord of Draenor, I felt that most moonkins would go level 15 - displacer beast, level - 30 Ysera Gift (rather than Renewal)

Currently I love displacer beast for the additional mobility, I see many defaulting to renewal due to the massive heal it provides.

With the resto affinity providing us with 3 heals that change us out of moonkin form - I feel that the affinity is purely taken for the Ysera gift component.

If in WoD we went with displacer and Ysera gift, why are people choosing renewal and ysera gift (resto affinity) now? thoughts? I feel that the guardian affinity is more powerful personally as we only have barkskin as mitigation which leaves a ton to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Fair enough. But that will at least be used to dump empowerments.
    And starfall will be used whenever we have multiple targets. It's not that expensive, and quite powerfull.

Deleted
    Did the first 13/13mythic raid tonight... well, after reading here i thought i'd do much worse... overall it wasnt THAT bad i guess. Me and the other balance were very close and id say on the upper half of the chart... locks, sp, hunters seem better tho... even the rogue and mages id say were a little ahead of us...
    One thing Id like to ask... from what i understand, we're gonna gain from artifact weapon a lot more than other classes... am i right or wrong to say so? because without SOC giving us free starfall i fear we will actually lose a lot... i wonder if artifact will make up for that loss...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And starfall will be used whenever we have multiple targets. It's not that expensive, and quite powerfull.
    Well 60 is more than half our power... plus i personally hate how now you have to choose an area, i guess thats the big no for me...

Deleted
    The artifact does indeed make up for it. We are in a good place dmg-wise on bosses in legion. Slightly behind on AOE (not got used to doing it properly yet) but right up there on single target.

In our guild run i was in top 4 all night.

15+ Year Old Account
    My guild is waiting with HFC till monday when hopefully all the bugs get fixed. But I have been doing some Mythic dungeons with guildies and I didn't have bigger issues. Was mostly first on bosses (sometimes by far) and did okeish on trash: conserving AP is the key. On big pulls Starfall did really well. Also, I fell in love with Stellar Flare

So either I'm so much better at playing my class right now than other guildies or it isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Did the first 13/13mythic raid tonight... well, after reading here i thought i'd do much worse... overall it wasnt THAT bad i guess. Me and the other balance were very close and id say on the upper half of the chart... locks, sp, hunters seem better tho... even the rogue and mages id say were a little ahead of us...
    One thing Id like to ask... from what i understand, we're gonna gain from artifact weapon a lot more than other classes... am i right or wrong to say so? because without SOC giving us free starfall i fear we will actually lose a lot... i wonder if artifact will make up for that loss...

- - - Updated - - -

Well 60 is more than half our power... plus i personally hate how now you have to choose an area, i guess thats the big no for me...
    The Balance artifact weapon makes generating Astral Power easier/faster, and there are artifact traits that considerably buff Starfall itself (Echoing Stars) as well as the empowerments it provides (Falling Star).

On top of that, the 10 Astral Power cost reduction you can get from Soul of the Forest is a lot more significant than it seems on the surface.

EDIT:

It's also worth noting that several classes (including Shadow Priests, Demo Warlocks, and Fire Mages) are currently doing more damage than is likely intended due to HFC class trinkets and tier sets not being balanced around new/changed class mechanics. This does include Boomkin to some extent, but Demo Warlocks and Fire Mages are by far the worst offenders.
    Last edited by habitat; 2016-07-21 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    In our guild run i was in top 4 all night.
    I was in the upper half aswell but nowhere near firemages and demo locks.
    I was testing things out (talents) alot (so where the mages)

Quote Originally Posted by paror View Post
    I was in the upper half aswell but nowhere near firemages and demo locks.
    I was testing things out (talents) alot (so where the mages)
    Current dps ranking:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8/#

Deleted
    I am no where near Mythic expirince level on my boomkin, i was maining Monk tank in WoD and switching over to Boomkin for Legion.

With limited testing yesterday I am happy so far how it plays. I know we will get Moon spells that will help with DPS and with AP generation so it should be nice.
    Displacer Beast stays on my bar, as is Resto Affinity. I think for now i will stick with this talents: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...or#Uaa!2122221

Still not sure between Stellar Flame and CoE ... CoE seems like a nice upgrade to CA and during burst phases should give a nice damage boost. Stellar Flame .. just another dot that dosn't seems to be that strong. Even though it benefits from Stellar Empowerment when i was testing it last night on the dummy - i was not impressed with it. If i am to maintain this dot on more targets during fights like Council, then I am not sure i will have much time to cast anything else to generate enough AP for Starsurge. I am going into Hellfire on Sunday so will probably know some more then.

I am still happy with how it plays. I am hoping it will be better once we have our Artifact

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    My guild is waiting with HFC till monday when hopefully all the bugs get fixed. But I have been doing some Mythic dungeons with guildies and I didn't have bigger issues. Was mostly first on bosses (sometimes by far) and did okeish on trash: conserving AP is the key. On big pulls Starfall did really well. Also, I fell in love with Stellar Flare

So either I'm so much better at playing my class right now than other guildies or it isn't that bad.
    Did you guys also get the whole-room-seething on Archimonde?

OT: Not sure if a question asked a couple pages ago was answered.
    From dummy testing with N'sB, it seems like: Solar Wrath extends all Sunfire, even if the target's Sunfire has no connection with the others (3 dummies in a row, Sunfire right, Sunfire left, SW on right). Lunar Strike only extends the other Moonfires it splashes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post

OT: Not sure if a question asked a couple pages ago was answered.
    From dummy testing with N'sB, it seems like: Solar Wrath extends all Sunfire, even if the target's Sunfire has no connection with the others (3 dummies in a row, Sunfire right, Sunfire left, SW on right). Lunar Strike only extends the other Moonfires it splashes on.
    Thank you for re-confirming NB.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Thank you for re-confirming NB.
    Couldn't test what happens when targets move away from each other. Are the Sunfires quantum entangled or does the extension chain from Sunfire to Sunfire within their splash zone (so my right target getting SWrathed extends the middle dummy's SnF because it's in the spread zone, which also extends the left's SnF which is in the middle's spread zone)?

Also the "Solar Wrath extends all Sunfire, even if the target's Sunfire has no connection with the others" could also be an artifact of refreshing a "connected" Sunfire with a non-connected....sort of like a pseudo-new dot.

I'm so confused right now

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    We had that along with "safe" zones killing people. Eventually got it

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the actual stat prio right now?

We need to add it to our signature not to repeat on every page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the actual stat prio right now?
    Haste >> Crit >> Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Haste >> Crit >> Mastery
    Okay great, thank you!