Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    People instapicking ana and then being really bad at her, oh my god that is the worst kind of player right now, games ruined because of so many players doing that
    Prey tell me how they are supposed to 'get gud' at her if they never get to try her in fear of ruining your game?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Prey tell me how they are supposed to 'get gud' at her if they never get to try her in fear of ruining your game?
    By playing quick play instead of competetive

By playing quick play instead of competetive
    I actually agree with this. Put in some training time, play some QP to get used to maps and situations; but, people will do what they want at the end of the day.
    My biggest issue with the Ana pick is I'm pretty decent with her (not great) and I can play her as backup support with a Lucio pretty easily. The problem is if I pick her, I get teammates that pick something like a Zen to go with me, or a Sym. Now, the problem isn't with the other players (yet), but that I'm not comfortable enough to solo heal with her, so I would them pick Mercy or Lucio to go with the comp better, just to have the person who picked Sym or Zen immediately switch to Ana; and yes, they would be terrible with her. Things happen though, can't be too upset I guess.

The new dva is glorious.

- - - Updated - - -

People instapicking ana and then being really bad at her, oh my god that is the worst kind of player right now, games ruined because of so many players doing that
    On the other hand I saw a Hanzo switching to Ana, total success imo!

Finally getting into competitive. Won my first 6 placement matches in a row before I accidentally bugged the que so I can't que for ranked no more.

Had some really good matches too. Picked Lucio on Ilios and got a triple knockback on the ledge kill and most of the time I went Zarya and just wrecked shop. She is easily my best hero.

Of course on the tie breaker on my 6th match I had to pull out Bastion when we got the coin flip for offense. Was intense at the end during over time when their mercy rez the whole team then our mercy did and I just got a quad kill cause they didn't see me. They ran double tank and I was able to melt them.
    Last edited by zito; 2016-07-20 at 11:46 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

There is a tab in social to see all the players you have recently played with for several games, send them a friends request and team back up. Boom, not only can you continue to play with them but you can play with them in the future when ever they are on.
    Nice thank you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I actually agree with this. Put in some training time, play some QP to get used to maps and situations; but, people will do what they want at the end of the day.
    My biggest issue with the Ana pick is I'm pretty decent with her (not great) and I can play her as backup support with a Lucio pretty easily. The problem is if I pick her, I get teammates that pick something like a Zen to go with me, or a Sym. Now, the problem isn't with the other players (yet), but that I'm not comfortable enough to solo heal with her, so I would them pick Mercy or Lucio to go with the comp better, just to have the person who picked Sym or Zen immediately switch to Ana; and yes, they would be terrible with her. Things happen though, can't be too upset I guess.
    Seems like your just better of picking lucio/mercy and then Symmetra or Zenyatta because then you do have a solo healer and a good support for that healer (Symmetra is questionable past the first point).

Ana needs buffs, she should get a aeo healing like Lucio at the location she shot at to make her more useful in situations where LOS is a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Seems like your just better of picking lucio/mercy and then Symmetra or Zenyatta because then you do have a solo healer and a good support for that healer (Symmetra is questionable past the first point).

Ana needs buffs, she should get a aeo healing like Lucio at the location she shot at to make her more useful in situations where LOS is a issue.
    Way too early to say if Ana 'needs buffs' friend.

Her ultimate is absolutely insane and arguably just straight up overpowered.

And obviously you pick her + another healer, she obviously can't solo but there's a good chance triple support is going to be a thing this meta.

Deleted
    Well, me and my friends took a break. Might be back for season 2. Playing Hots now and unranked draft is quite fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

And obviously you pick her + another healer, she obviously can't solo but there's a good chance triple support is going to be a thing this meta.
    Nah her ult is great when stacked, but stacking ults is always super strong. Otherwise McCree and Mei counter it pretty hard, as obviously can Ana if no one is attacking them.

Her Grenade is really nice though, definitely my favourite part of her kit, it'll certainly force Tracer and Genji to retreat when used defensively; the healing debuff is decent on offence and as an AoE heal it's pretty solid, the buff as well means it works well with Lúcio and 76.

Still not sold on Sleep though, and overall her throughput for both damage and healing is a little low. Spent basically all night on her in QM last night, felt like I was playing her pretty well, and adding healing and damage together the numbers felt a little low.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

But you need to be good outside your ulti...not just every few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I acquired B.va. Probably not my favorite legendary skin, but I'm coming around to it. Gave up on Quick Play tonight. Multiple tanks and no healers was bad enough, but then we had two defense characters and no healers in an attack. I mean, come on. The game flat out tells you what the team needs. I play pretty much nothing but tank and healing. I make sure we got what we need. It's not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what defence heroes you had it's fine. Having a Junkrat+ sniper isn't exactly bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it was Bastion and Mei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Payload map? Bastion is somewhat okay on those at lower MMR..
    Mei I just don't know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Payload map? Bastion is somewhat okay on those at lower MMR..
    Mei I just don't know
    Both can work very well, especially together, but they have to be played well and well protected to do it; with those two the payload should basically never be contested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mei is typically a case of extremes. She's either wrecking a team of people that don't know how to handle her annoying presence, or she's crippling her own team with horrible placement of walls and either feeding a team kills by hopelessly trying to get in melee or doing nothing by trying to snipe long range with her icicles.

As for the problem of lineups in quick play, I think the most annoying part happens if you ask someone else to help fill a role. I will pick a character from any role if it's for the benefit of my team. I don't expect everyone to feel that way, but it would be nice if 1 out of the other 5 had a similar mentality. I get that people aren't going to play quick play with a "win or gtfo" sort of attitude with competitive out, but I despise the "lol it's just quick play, bruh" mentality.

Now, I'm more than okay with rolling a ridiculous comp for fun, but that generally isn't what has happened for the games I'm in. I manage to get the people that claim they're awesome, refuse to switch, and blame everyone else for their shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Mei is typically a case of extremes. She's either wrecking a team of people that don't know how to handle her annoying presence, or she's crippling her own team with horrible placement of walls and either feeding a team kills by hopelessly trying to get in melee or doing nothing by trying to snipe long range with her icicles.

As for the problem of lineups in quick play, I think the most annoying part happens if you ask someone else to help fill a role. I will pick a character from any role if it's for the benefit of my team. I don't expect everyone to feel that way, but it would be nice if 1 out of the other 5 had a similar mentality. I get that people aren't going to play quick play with a "win or gtfo" sort of attitude with competitive out, but I despise the "lol it's just quick play, bruh" mentality.

Now, I'm more than okay with rolling a ridiculous comp for fun, but that generally isn't what has happened for the games I'm in. I manage to get the people that claim they're awesome, refuse to switch, and blame everyone else for their shortcomings.
    I had a game where we were on the way to the Temple of Anubis defence choke point and I was Rhardt and the Mei decided to lock me behind a wall for fun so I waited until the last second and then told the team that since Mei likes to troll they can eat losing control point A and abandoned game because I don't put up with that shit and there is no way they got a tank back there in time to defend themselves. People want to be trolls for lols they can suck up some losses.

most of my mei trolls are in KOH locking our team off. one of those matches we coul've won the match but nah just had to have a mei troll
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a game where we were on the way to the Temple of Anubis defence choke point and I was Rhardt and the Mei decided to lock me behind a wall for fun so I waited until the last second and then told the team that since Mei likes to troll they can eat losing control point A and abandoned game because I don't put up with that shit and there is no way they got a tank back there in time to defend themselves. People want to be trolls for lols they can suck up some losses.
    Mei, somehow all the good ones are on the opposite team and all the troll ones are on yours. No idea how it happens.