Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sometimes.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel extremely lucky to live where I live currently but I am in no way 'proud' of my country.

The prison industrial complex in our country is out of control. Our foreign policy is a nightmare. We have Hirump vs Trillary.

U.S.: Proud? Not really. My country isn't a result of my own achivements nor is it my child that I would normally feel proud for.

Happy to live here? Sure.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how I can be proud of anything but myself, and I'm not proud of myself: pride is of the Dark Side.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, donald trump claims to be against that type of action. being proud of the country for saying no to it, is the right way. wanting trump to beat hillary is kinda the right way. would i prefer someone else with more left leaning ideas? yes, but trump is the only non-interventionalist candidate available.
    Well there's your problem.

On-Topic: I don't know if I can claim to be proud of a country I didn't have a choice in being born in but I live comfortably for the most part. Not really happy about the political climate going on right now (not just the presidential election) but still pretty okay so far.

Deleted
    No, why would I be proud of something out of my control, being born in the UK was not a choice and nor does it dictate who I am as a person.

Not really. America is a very selfish, self centered ignorant oppressive population. I wish I was born in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland or Germany.

How are people proud of things that they have no direct effect is beyond me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    As a fellow Dane, ill agree that it isn't perfect. The best part imo is free education - college, uni , you name it you can even get paid for it for a certain amount of time, so can't just study forever :P
    You forgot, minimum wage is way higher than most other 'rich' countries, as well as the part of free healthcare.

Of course, we could cut a little in to the bone, but the better parts I am proud of.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel fortunate to be a US citizen, but the whirlwind of chaos and suffering that human self rule has caused does not inspire pride of any nation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Im proud of my country yes , im proud of the people here but i hate my goverment
    I have a feeling that this sentiment is shared by most people in any country.

Deleted
    Do US people feel their heritage? I mean most of them aren't native. Most americans are from europe (latin america - spain etc.) and north america (germany, ireland, france etc.). Basically it is just a different location. Do americans think about that or are they "whatever" ?

(I was born in China and I am not proud being chinese. Now I live in europe and love it. White people are very friendly in europe and very intelligent. Other foreigners from africa/middle east are sometimes a bit unfriendly towards me. I have a good friend who is black and very nice. He is very relaxed and never stressed out. He is a little bit shallow minded, but is taking life very easy and loves the small things.
    It is funny that China has more chinese people than all white people in the world combined. It always makes me chuckle when people talk about whites being a majority )

My country was founded on the genocide of one race and the enslavement of another by imperialists, smugglers, and religious zealots. It has one of the highest violent crime rates and lowest quality of life rates, the largest percentage of incarcerated people (most in for-profit prisons), the widest margin of wealth inequality, the least efficient healthcare, and the largest percentage of impoverished people in the developed world. The police execute civilians over nothing with impunity, the military controls 60% of the national budget, most of which gets funneled directly into the pockets of politicians, our education system is a century out of date, our infrastructure is crumbling, and we have a xenophobic fascist leading one of our primary political parties.

No, I am not proud of my country. Even if you ignore the history of crimes against humanity, our present day state is sickening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    My country was founded on the genocide of one race and the enslavement of another by imperialists, smugglers, and religious zealots. It has one of the highest violent crime rates and lowest quality of life rates, the largest percentage of incarcerated people (most in for-profit prisons), the widest margin of wealth inequality, the least efficient healthcare, and the largest percentage of impoverished people in the developed world. The police execute civilians over nothing with impunity, the military controls 60% of the national budget, most of which gets funneled directly into the pockets of politicians, our education system is a century out of date, our infrastructure is crumbling, and we have a xenophobic fascist leading one of our primary political parties.

No, I am not proud of my country. Even if you ignore the history of crimes against humanity, our present day state is sickening.
    So you live in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post

You live somewhere in South America?

Norway. Very mixed feelings about my country. People are cold and you're likely never to meet and associate with anyone outside somewhere where you'll have common ground. And the politics are fucked. It's a good country at the same time as it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    So you live in Russia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    You live somewhere in South America?
    Oh, how could I forget? We also have a disturbing culture of wildly misguided nationalism fueled by historical revisionism and a massive industry of propaganda.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Are you proud of the place where you live? (Including people's behavior, government, politics in general, etc)

Rapid edit: I mispelled COUNTRY. My keyboard is f***ed up. Sorry.
    Of course not. It is a random clump of earth with some arbitary lines drawn into it.

Only fucking idiots practice any form of nationalism, by far the most genocidal and political incoherent ideology ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Of course not. It is a random clump of earth with some arbitary lines drawn into it.

Only fucking idiots practice any form of nationalism, by far the most genocidal and political incoherent ideology ever.
    I suppose you are ok then if we revoke your citizenship and cut all your social benefits?