Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    They were protesting. It is not illegal to do it on a sidewalk.
    It is when you violate someones constitutionally protected right to freedom of movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    constitutionally protected right to freedom of movement.
    Which Amendment is that again?

(not that I don't think it is illegal to INTENTIONALLY prevent passage through a public space, but constitutionally protected seems a bit of a stretch there buckaroo)

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Independently of how obnoxious they may be or how much self-awareness (or lack thereof) they posses, inconveniencing people goes hand in hand with protest. Police doesn't intervene because they're sharing freeze peach around.
    Q.
    Do I have a right to picket on public sidewalks?

A.
    Yes, and this is also an activity for which a permit is not required. However, picketing must be done in an orderly, non-disruptive fashion so that pedestrians can pass by and entrances to buildings are not blocked.

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...ion-or-protest
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-07-21 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    But it's not non-threatening. They are using the intimidation of numbers to force the issue. If he were to push through the crowd which happens everyday on crowded streets they would have assaulted him to stop his passage.
    So, protesting in general is threatening due to their numbers?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to schedule time to shed a tear for a person having to walk a few extra feet to get where they are going. All the while black people have to work extra hard just to not be seen as sub human.
    Thats not how it works. But okay man you have fun being a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    If I did that with my friends to a black man, you'd be here calling me a racist, sub-human... Seriously, just go away.
    Nah, you have no power over me. Either reply and continue speaking with me, or ignore me. But I ain't going any where. Call this my protest. Hope i'm not threatening to you, or seen as a terrorist.

Oh ya ran across this

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...r_protests.pdf

Do I have a right to picket on public sidewalks?
    Yes, and this is also an activity for
    which a permit is not required. However,
    picketing must be done in an orderly, non-disruptive fashion so that pedestrians
    can pass by and entrances to buildings are not blocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    WOW, he had to go OUT OF HIS WAY, WOW.... WOWWWWWWWWWWW. You're blowing my FUCKING MIND DUDE. WOWWWWW

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Wow.
    Meanwhile if white people did this to a black person you'd be outraged. Stfu.

These forums disgust me sometimes. So pathetic.

There was a cop right there. I thought we were supposed to #backtheblue and do what the cops say? He said don't lay your hands on them (according to what has been transcribed by other forum posters). If he tried to push through, he'd be refusing to listen to the police, and according to #backtheblue logic, liable to get shot and killed by the police, and if he doesn't try to push through and complies fully with the police orders without making any sudden movements, there is no reason the situation would have gotten violent.
    Way to completely try to divert the issue from one of intimidation by BLM (the so called no violent group) to something completely without meaning to this topic.

To address your completely inane point though... You don't have to lay hands on them. Just walk forward and step between people - just as one would do on a crowded sidewalk anywhere. When they close ranks and bump you to prevent your passage, they are the ones now guilty of violence.

Now if they have a permit for assembly in that location then they have the right to limit passage during the period of their permit. Otherwise they are law breakers using racist intimidation.

Hey kids! BLM says breaking the law, disrupting order and authority and treat people like trash based on their skin color is cool!

Thank you, people posting the ACLU link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post

Yeah there's this undercurrent of thought like "well he's white so what does it matter? he's got it good in life so we're justified"

It is when you violate someones constitutionally protected right to freedom of movement.
    Their what? I'm sorry, what again? Are you attempting to draw a parallel between peoples ability to MOVE BETWEEN STATES to this? Really? Freedom of movement puts limits on what states can do to people coming and going from other states. You sir, are redonkulous.

So, protesting in general is threatening due to their numbers?
    Nope! Just using those numbers to prevent passage on public ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one was stopping him from moving. He was just asked to walk around.

Know what would make it stop? Acknowledgment, and Action. If an entire race wasn't damned because of the minority of bad examples, perhaps they wouldn't need this movement.
    There are many more culturally ingrained problems in the black community than there are outside institutionalized problems. They would rather blame someone else for poor education when their culture looks down on those trying to get ahead.

He had to GO AROUND. Don't you get it? What's next? Who knows? I know that middle class America is grieving the damage done in this latest incident.
    He just had to go around, back in the day all black people had to do was sit at the back of the bus. It's not that inconvenient right?

I personally hope people like this accidentally find someone highly unstable or out of their mind and try to pull this on them. Protesting is fine and all, but you have to protest to the people who can actually make a difference or to the people causing the problem. When you are blocking off random blokes on the street hoping to make them sympathetic to your cause, you are going about it the wrong way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not how it works. But okay man you have fun being a racist.
    Oh yeah, i'm totally a racist. You must be projecting.

No one was stopping him from moving. He was just asked to walk around.
    This is sig worthy, rofl...

No one was stopping his free movement, he just needed to go around the people blocking him!

Outraged? No. Would I think it's silly? Yes. Denying the existence of white privilege is asinine. What on earth would these white people be protesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Way to completely try to divert the issue from one of intimidation by BLM (the so called no violent group) to something completely without meaning to this topic.
    No, it's pretty straight forward. A police officer, the so-called heroes in the struggle against BLM, told him not to lay hands on them. He should quietly, without making any sudden movements (trying to find a hole to quickly step through is a sudden movement, so that's a no-go on that), comply fully with police commands or else he's guilty and deserves to be shot. It's pretty much bullet-proof #backtheblue logic at that point. You're just uncomfortable because it's turned around to support BLM.