Dear Experts & Smart People,

Is the Wowhead Holy Pally guide good?

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe.../holy/overview

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Dear Experts & Smart People,

Is the Wowhead Holy Pally guide good?

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe.../holy/overview
    Yes, it is perfectly accurate.

Damn, healing was a lot of fun with sniping and quick reactioning before as SH.
    Just did some bosses on HFC HC, it feels as if a snail can go faster than I do.
    Not only is the mastery kind of derpy, something like Bestow Faith makes no sense at all and is honestly just bad.

Hoping it will be a looooot better with the artifact since it feels really, really lackluster right now.
    I enjoyed changing my playstyle everytime with patches, this is the first time I absolutely despised it.

Does anyone know if we will count as melee och range for boss mechanics now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nearoq View Post
    Does anyone know if we will count as melee och range for boss mechanics now?
    Depends on spec. Lightbringer or Faith. Even before the patch you could safely sit in melee if you wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Damn, healing was a lot of fun with sniping and quick reactioning before as SH.
    Just did some bosses on HFC HC, it feels as if a snail can go faster than I do.
    Not only is the mastery kind of derpy, something like Bestow Faith makes no sense at all and is honestly just bad.

Hoping it will be a looooot better with the artifact since it feels really, really lackluster right now.
    I enjoyed changing my playstyle everytime with patches, this is the first time I absolutely despised it.
    We definitely need the artifact, on beta it feels sooooooo much better than it does now. Right now I don't even feel slightly strong.

Is it only me or does anyone else have problems with Light of the Martyr mouseover macro. i have made the macro and it work with all other spells but not with LotM
    PS: I know how the spell works. (for the person after me)
    Last edited by iskrents; 2016-07-21 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    you can only light of the martyr other players, you cant use it on self, if that is what you were doing

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    something like Bestow Faith makes no sense at all and is honestly just bad.
    I had a great time with Bestow Faith - slap it on the tank without beacon and it serves the same general purpose as a tank hot like lifebloom or the old earth shield (its likely the tank will have some health to heal up in 5 secs, most of the time at least)

But the other fun use i had with it was slap it on myself, spam a quick 2 or 3 Light of the Martyr, and then BF heals a good chunk back to me. Especially during movement (like running for allure). There are ways to make use of it for sure even if its not "great".

I was also surprised at just how much healing Judgment of Light was doing (messing around trying different talents)

Deleted
    Has anyone done a Mythic clear yet? I really liked JoL in WOTLK and it made huge healing then but I guess whilst we still got class trinket SW must be stronger.

Level 100 talent wise the guide says lightbringer which will do decent healing I don't doubt, but with our big hitting heals could virtue also be very good? You could get off 2 HS and empowered FoL which would be a decent amount. 30 Yard range shouldn't be any issue.

Also Aura wise I wanna try Mercy just to try and whore metres a bit more, I doubt my raid will be in need of the reduction but that will be seen.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeddy View Post
    Has anyone done a Mythic clear yet? I really liked JoL in WOTLK and it made huge healing then but I guess whilst we still got class trinket SW must be stronger.

Level 100 talent wise the guide says lightbringer which will do decent healing I don't doubt, but with our big hitting heals could virtue also be very good? You could get off 2 HS and empowered FoL which would be a decent amount. 30 Yard range shouldn't be any issue.

Also Aura wise I wanna try Mercy just to try and whore metres a bit more, I doubt my raid will be in need of the reduction but that will be seen.
    Re: JoL. If you run a prot pal they will most likely be using it, and as only one can be up at a time and Sanctified Wrath is far better for Holy on that tier, I wouldn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    Re: JoL. If you run a prot pal they will most likely be using it, and as only one can be up at a time and Sanctified Wrath is far better for Holy on that tier, I wouldn't take it.
    Really? huh, when I had other pallys with JoL I saw more than 1 stack of Judgment of Light on the boss and it seemed like both were working fine (each stack going independently - each pally was getting their JoL heals attributed) I'll run a log next time to be sure, but I don't think you are right about only 1 can be up at a time.

Deleted
    Quick question :

As a returning dedicated healer- player, I am looking
    for a class which brings the strongest single target heals ( huge
    numbers, making health bars jump up ) and am wondering which class is
    going to fit this best. I have all the healers at 100 currently and am
    thinking either shaman, holy priest or possibly paladin will be that ?

Can you give any advice here ? On paper, shaman should end up with the
    largest heals due to deep healing and 475% spellpower on surge and wave.
    Most people point towards Holy paladin but I am not certain why.

Flash of Light and Holy light both sit at 425% Spellpower scaling. Light of Martyr is at 500% and instant but the self damage seems unsustainable ?

This is mostly for mythic 5 mans and pvp and the occasional raid.

I just want to be able to bring people back from low health rapidly, preferably in big bursts.

Thanks for reading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Really? huh, when I had other pallys with JoL I saw more than 1 stack of Judgment of Light on the boss and it seemed like both were working fine (each stack going independently - each pally was getting their JoL heals attributed) I'll run a log next time to be sure, but I don't think you are right about only 1 can be up at a time.
    I am not 100% sure so dont quote me but I would think the on hit effect would have some sort of CD per player meaning they would only benefit from 1 buff or else you could benefit from 25 heals per hit with 25 judges on the boss.

"Judgment now applies Judgment of Light to the target, causing the next 40 successful attacks against the target to heal the attacker for (20% of Spell power). This effect can only occur once per 1 sec on each target."

So from this I would assume the highest SP would gain the healing once per 1 sec if the target is being hit.

If SW falls off when we get into Legion hopefully this will provide us with some decent healing for low cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddy View Post
    I am not 100% sure so dont quote me but I would think the on hit effect would have some sort of CD per player meaning they would only benefit from 1 buff or else you could benefit from 25 heals per hit with 25 judges on the boss.

"Judgment now applies Judgment of Light to the target, causing the next 40 successful attacks against the target to heal the attacker for (20% of Spell power). This effect can only occur once per 1 sec on each target."

So from this I would assume the highest SP would gain the healing once per 1 sec if the target is being hit.

If SW falls off when we get into Legion hopefully this will provide us with some decent healing for low cost.
    Nope. Last I tested, which was pretty recently on Beta, if there was a prot pally you might as well not have a talent if you're specced JoL. Both debuffs do not work at the same time; and almost always the game selects the prot pally debuff to exhaust first even though it does less healing per hit. Also the prot pally is judging far more frequently anyway. This has been reported multiple times as a bug/issue to blizz with no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeathebelle View Post
    Nope. Last I tested, which was pretty recently on Beta, if there was a prot pally you might as well not have a talent if you're specced JoL. Both debuffs do not work at the same time; and almost always the game selects the prot pally debuff to exhaust first even though it does less healing per hit. Also the prot pally is judging far more frequently anyway. This has been reported multiple times as a bug/issue to blizz with no response.
    That is awful. Hopefully that gets resolved (no reason to restrict it any more than restricting multiple Rejuvs from different druids all on 1 player) Will still test it on live since maybe there's a tiny chance it changed from when u tested on beta to what we have now

10+ Year Old Account
    So tonight, I saw in the Group Finder this lovely thing "<Mythic 5-man> LF healer no pala". I feel we gonna see it a lot in Legion. -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Soooo i hope it is not completely off topic but maybe some of you can help me.

I was trying to set up my Vuhdo to show who is affected by my Auras.
    While doing this i Recognised that only players in my Group but not the raid got the Aura of Mercy buff displayed.
    Devotion and Sacrifice had their Aura symbol shown on everyone in range (group and raid).

After a short test it looks like the aura still heals People Raid-wide, but really just displays the Icon on the group.

Can anyone confirm this? or is my UI just buggy? if everyone has it like that that would suck because i really want to see whos benefiting from the aura.. or is in range at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    So tonight, I saw in the Group Finder this lovely thing "<Mythic 5-man> LF healer no pala". I feel we gonna see it a lot in Legion. -_-
    Paladins have been one of the best healers for Mythic+ on Beta. I don't know what you're talking about.

I agree with Dreamguard (and I usually do), Holy Paladins are doing fine for Mythic and Mythic+ on Legion Beta (we would do even better with a battle res or self res and a stronger tank CD! but we are doing fine).

Did some Mythic HFC last night, 10 guildies, 10 pugs.
    Lower has been derpy easy, until you reach the fights where you'd like to use massgrips, immunity soaking, etc.
    DPS was "okay" but the healing was as horrible as I imagined. Not only is the healer output not enough (+1 healer needed minimum per upper fight), healing has been flatlined and skill does not make a difference in the output. It seems they do not want "good" healers (and tanks) to carry things anymore.