Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Are we really still going on about this? Jessicka, put a lid on it, quit beating the dead horse. We get it, you don't like her.

- - - Updated - - -

To chime in on no one playing widow or Hanzo anymore, that is single handedly the most stupid thing I've heard/read today ... And I work retail, so I have to encounter a lot of stupid on a normal basis.
    Last edited by Destriel; 2016-07-20 at 06:26 PM.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destriel View Post
    Are we really still going on about this? Jessicka, put a lid on it, quit beating the dead horse. We get it, you don't like her.
    I do like her, but I can see she's just not nearly as good as people are hyping her to be.

To chime in on no one playing widow or Hanzo anymore, that is single handedly the most stupid thing I've heard/read today ... And I work retail, so I have to encounter a lot of stupid on a normal basis.
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/19-ov...the-eve-of-ana

Hanzo and Widowmaker in Competitive are way down, less than 5% usage for WM in particular, Hanzo barely above that.

I used to supervise retail too. I had a lot of staff talk like that.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-07-21 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I do like her, but I can see she's just not nearly as good as people are hyping her to be.

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/19-ov...the-eve-of-ana

Hanzo and Widowmaker in Competitive are way down, less than 5% usage for WM in particular, Hanzo barely above that.

I used to supervise retail too. I had a lot of staff talk like that.
    You are talking about a very specific group of the player base when it comes to that data. Hardly falls under the classification "no one" playing them. You know how much I care about the data collected from qualifiers, that are designed teams around the same cookie cutter teams? Little to none. That's like saying no one plays "X class" because beast-cleave owned WoW arena for a few seasons. Hence: Stupid.

I don't even see anyone over hyping Ana, we all get she has flaws but all the heroes do regarding one aspect or another. The only comments I see in one direction or another are ones like yours saying she's "pretty useless". i don't have a problem with your opinion of her but it's way off from how she actually is when played in the correct setting.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

She is just fantastic. I keep seeing Hanzos and Widows switch to her in losing games. Well done Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    I'm confused. On the Sombra file on Anubis it's a picture of Ana in her new Shrike skin. So, is Ana... Sombra? Or is Blizzard just winging this story?
    the pic from anubis isnt sombra, just ana with a mask.
    she isnt sombra, sombra is spanish for shadow, all sombra files have been found on dorado, ana isnt spanish.
    the shrike skin pic was found on anubis, not dorado.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    She is just fantastic. I keep seeing Hanzos and Widows switch to her in losing games. Well done Blizzard.
    My only complaint are the abundance of terrible players who are choosing Ana right now. lol
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    My only complaint are the abundance of terrible players who are choosing Ana right now. lol
    Means they don't play Genji as they usually do :>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Useless Ana's usually contribute more than most Tracer, Genji, WM or Hanzo's I come across, so there is that.

Not a useless character, just harder to use because unlike a lot of the supports you actually have to aim (I know Zenyetta does as well) to get the most out of her. The sleep is devastating, especially if you have a coordinated team that doesn't break it instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Useless Ana's usually contribute more than most Tracer, Genji, WM or Hanzo's I come across, so there is that.

Not a useless character, just harder to use because unlike a lot of the supports you actually have to aim (I know Zenyetta does as well) to get the most out of her. The sleep is devastating, especially if you have a coordinated team that doesn't break it instantly.
    Not a good argument you want to make in defense ''not as useless as A, B or C''

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The problem with those four characters I listed is if they aren't good, not only are you not getting any point presence (payload, king of the kill, or capture point) but they also aren't getting kills, which essentially ruins the whole point of them. All of those characters rely on killing people, where a badly played Ana can still put an ultimate at the very least on a high impact player.

Sure you probably won't be able to heal people at distance with your terrible aim or contribute to kills. You probably won't land clutch bombs or put people to sleep at crucial times either. But at the very least you're probably going to be around objectives, healing large targets and being able to throw an ultimate on somebody who can make something of it.

Skill cap on Ana is really high, but at least with most supports the skill floor is pretty high as well to a point that you can make an impact on your team without actually being that good. All of those other characters have really high skill caps as well, but if you don't play them well they have absolutely no impact on the game.This is why it's so common to see WM/Hanzo, Genji or Tracer hate on pretty much any thread you venture into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not really. The problem with those four characters I listed is if they aren't good, not only are you not getting any point presence (payload, king of the kill, or capture point) but they also aren't getting kills, which essentially ruins the whole point of them. All of those characters rely on killing people, where a badly played Ana can still put an ultimate at the very least on a high impact player.
    So far I've had ults from Ana while standing on objective after the other team had been cleared away and wasted the whole thing, and while at 25% health and rocket boosting out of a fight to a health pack, again, whole thing wasted. I didn't get any heals in that fight incidentally, nor did I get any after I'd withdrawn got the health pack or re-engaged, so yeah. Doesn't assure you of anything.

Think I may have had one while launching my self-destruct too, but not 100% on that. I have definitely seen it given to Hana though, I'm not sure that's optimal.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-07-22 at 12:49 PM.

Ana is fucking fun as hell. My favorite hero now a long with Dva.

I did a match on Anubus where all I did was heal (or tried to) and I got 5000 healing done and all my team voted for me :3

But with only 5k healing done she's not a solo healer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.