Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why spend money when I can get an emulator and roms?
    To support the industry? Just kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be the first expansion I don't come back at launch. If a month passes and I don't want to go back. Then I am done with the game. Been gone for over a year at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried playing DS games on an emulator. I hate it. Luckily I invested in a 3DS a while back, and DS games are pretty cheap or easy to find used. Been thinking of playing Alpha Sapphire again in the wait for Sun/Moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    This will be the first expansion I don't come back at launch. If a month passes and I don't want to go back. Then I am done with the game. Been gone for over a year at this point.
    I don't feel any desire to play it again, enjoying overwatch way too much right now anyway

Me buying a 3DS would only help a shitty company like CEX, so I'm cool with an emulator and roms
    But I want my golden sun 4! The 3rd one ended with such a cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I tried playing DS games on an emulator. I hate it. Luckily I invested in a 3DS a while back, and DS games are pretty cheap or easy to find used. Been thinking of playing Alpha Sapphire again in the wait for Sun/Moon.
    Drastic is the only DS emulator for Android that can actually run fairly decently. The others suck ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend and I finished his first watch of sunshine up to ep 3 - his is now Mari > Yohane > Dia...mostly cause he likes thigh-highs and she has white ones along with her jokingness. Also that Saturday thing is fixed MUCH better in FFF's over official subs, just like last episode with when dia was quizing chika and she talks about "skipping" during the intro of bokura wa ima no naka de, which I didn't get until I rewatched with FFF saying "skipping ABOUT"
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Kono Bijutsubu 03 - Collette and Kaori are so good. Especially Kaori, she's hilarious and best girl.

This is a great blend of comedy and cute. OST and OP/ED aren't bad, too.

- - - Updated - - -

nice desu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Definitely won't get Legion. Only thing that would make me play again are legacy servers.
    I'm impossible to please. I want the Cata talents, current QoL, Vanilla/TBC item variety, Vanilla-WotLK-Cata-MoP visual design, WotLK/Cata/MoP raid and boss design with a static 20man Mythic difficulty, Vanilla AV.

lmaoooooooo friend of mine just finished reading Orange and said it was basically shoujo Evangelion without the mechs

read the fucking letter shinji

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'm impossible to please. I want the Cata talents, current QoL, Vanilla/TBC item variety, Vanilla-WotLK-Cata-MoP visual design, WotLK/Cata/MoP raid and boss design with a static 20man Mythic difficulty, Vanilla AV.
    I agree with a lot of that, but I think some of the best boss designs in WoW's history were in BRF in Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me buying a 3DS would only help a shitty company like CEX, so I'm cool with an emulator and roms

- - - Updated - - -

Boku no Hype really likes bringing great girls back (from latest chapter)...
    You cant go OUTSIDE with emulator tho. Well unless laptop...but even then you cant play newest game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Vanilla AV.
    As someone who never experienced Vanilla AV, what's the appeal? Because 24 hour matches sound ridiculous and undesirable. Hell, I think I'd prefer the zergfest-without-human-interaction that was my AV experience when I quit WoW (end of Cata).

So I introduced my sister to No Game No Life and she's enjoying it. I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    The appeal with vanilla AV was that you had a huge battlefield with a shitload to do. Capturing mines and handing in armor scraps actually mattered. Summoning a raid boss and pusing with it actually put some pressure on the enemy team.

Now it's just "RUSH BOSS PLS"
    I mean, that sounds good, but... matches that took that long? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    24 hour AVs weren't that common

I think at most I've had a 2h AV session
    Fair enough, like I said, I never experienced it. I just don't find AV to be particularly engaging anyway; I'm a capture the flag guy (WSG).

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Fair enough, like I said, I never experienced it. I just don't find AV to be particularly engaging anyway; I'm a capture the flag guy (WSG).
    There's nothing engaging about AV as it is now. Old AV actually had strategy and teamwork. It wasn't about finishing the match, it was about being part of it. There were a few times that I left and AV, went to work for four hours, and came back to my friends still being in the same match. It wasn't as common as a lot of people claim (like those people that claim Naxx 40 was actually fun, they were never actually there) but there were some epically long AVs back in the day.

It was the closest to actual warfare between factions as you could get.

Deleted
    I mean, that sounds good, but... matches that took that long? No thanks.
    No one forced anyone to stay the entire time. It was a giant battlefield where sometimes a chokepoint stalemate could last for a long time, a meatgrinder of epic proportions. Multi-day matches almost never happened - but two or three hours? All the time.

So I finished Stranger: Mukou Hadan a couple of days ago. I'd give it a solid 8/10. It was very well executed, but I found it to be very cliché and predictable. What other great movies should I be looking to watch? The only movies I've seen thus far are Haruhi, Steins;Gate, and Stranger, with Akira and GitS on my Plan to Watch list.

Speaking of PvP, I like the way they're approaching the talents and gear (or lack thereof). I've never really gotten into PvP in WoW; I would try it for a period of time, but I always stopped after a bit. The Legion approach is appealing to me.

That said, still completely on the fence about getting it. I want to play with friends, but I've been clean for nearly a year now. And I use that type of phrase intentionally. Some people play in cycles, where they come and go in accordance with their interest; Radio's comment about how he just takes the last year of every expansion off is a good example of this. By comparison I'm the sort that sticks with something so intently that when I do finally get sick of it, I get really sick of it....until I get drawn back in. It's like being in a bad relationship where you keep hoping it'll work out 'this time.' After 10 solid years of playing WoW I dropped it cold last fall and haven't even thought about going back until now.

I think what really appeals to me is that for the first time in nine years I wouldn't be in a leadership position, and the first time in seven years I wouldn't be a guild leader. To just play the game and enjoy it without having to worry about the logistics of maintaining a raid guild would be a very different experience. Sprinkle in a few friends I've made over the years to try out the new 5-man progression model and maybe some PvP...sounds really nice.

Also, back @Radio, interesting to hear the DK stuff was actually received well. It didn't look very interesting on paper, but that's obviously not the final say.

----------------------------------

Watched the first episode of Orange. I liked it more than I thought I would. I know that the manga is a thread favorite, but despite the twist in the premise I thought that I would find the setting more off-putting than I did.

So I finished Stranger: Mukou Hadan a couple of days ago. I'd give it a solid 8/10. It was very well executed, but I found it to be very cliché and predictable. What other great movies should I be looking to watch? The only movies I've seen thus far are Haruhi, Steins;Gate, and Stranger, with Akira and GitS on my Plan to Watch list.
    http://m.imgur.com/NJCzgRQ