Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You could just win 5 bgs and buy a weapon as well
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    You could just win 5 bgs and buy a weapon as well
    I don't even remember the existence of a PvP polearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For reference. I received a 720 mythic polearm.

Also once scenarios hit the first one has a 700 polearm as a potential reward.

is hatchet toss a joke ability?

Deleted
    Got a 720 polearm... free crystal, thx blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    is hatchet toss a joke ability?
    It's for pulling, not for actually dealing damage.

I got a 690 spear in my mail and am 704 iLvl and 8/13N HFC. Mainly healed and rarely got to bring her out.

But gave her a couple LFR wings last night and I had a blast. Granted I have not a complete clue what I am doing but what I did do I enjoyed. Brings back memories having a melee hunter.
    Holy Priest Enthusiast and all around healing nutcase.

Yeah, it's based on HFC progress by difficulty in exactly the same way the shipyard cache/treasure is; at least 8 bosses killed in a difficulty gives you that ilvl.

655 : standard
    690 : normal
    705 : HC
    720 : Mythic

What I'm unsure of is if there's a step between 655 and 690 :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Yeah, it's based on HFC progress by difficulty in exactly the same way the shipyard cache/treasure is; at least 8 bosses killed in a difficulty gives you that ilvl.

655 : standard
    690 : normal
    705 : HC
    720 : Mythic

What I'm unsure of is if there's a step between 655 and 690 :/
    There is. Baleful.

Tbh they should've given us a polearm equal to our average ilv. Being 730 ilv and getting a 705 polearm, is meh. Thought I wont play survival life till legion. If I want to play it I just log beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Tbh they should've given us a polearm equal to our average ilv. Being 730 ilv and getting a 705 polearm, is meh. Thought I wont play survival life till legion. If I want to play it I just log beta.
    you got a 705 one? i got a fkn 655 ilvl polearm....

What i would like to see is more skills that interact with our pet.

From what i saw, our pet does ONLY ST damage on our target with only one skill that interacts with it - Flanking Strike. Adding second trough talents @lvl100. Im not sure why is blizz afraid to give us more ways to interact with our pets more and why are they scared so much of pet's overall.

Theres an topic few Threads above about lad complaining for missing Misdirect so hes unable to do any semi-large AoE pulls. Even so hes topic looks more like QQ/Raging i do agree that he has a point. Were over-gearing content now so theres not much issues with it, but once Legion questing begins and our gear end up at some point obsolete we might have issues with AoE pulls.

And yes, we do have Freezing trap/Steel trap/Tar Trap but.. thats not the point here.

My idea was.. for instance.. Remove Butchery talent and put something that gives your Pet AoE attack when you cast Carve and a Glyph for increased pet aggro when your pets AoE. And thats it. It sorts all our farming problems and gives us one extra way to interact with our pet, its passive, but oh well, everything is better than just having ST only pet. Its a decent meat shield so i cant argue there.

For the rest of it.. I would like to see Disengage getting back into spec, on the side survivability bonus that it adds us, im simply lacking all those crazy stuff that we could pull off with it.

On the side note.. In these two days i had quite decent number of issues with Harpoon, mainly that its not connecting with target, but it goes on CD, bugging out on small elevations, elevated mobs (not high flying ones but those that you could pull with jump-attack combo).

Survival ended up quite fun to play, im just bugged out with minor things that are QoL changes. But again, its a new spec and it will probably take some time to get it on the right track.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    What i would like to see is more skills that interact with our pet.

From what i saw, our pet does ONLY ST damage on our target with only one skill that interacts with it - Flanking Strike. Adding second trough talents @lvl100. Im not sure why is blizz afraid to give us more ways to interact with our pets more and why are they scared so much of pet's overall.

Theres an topic few Threads above about lad complaining for missing Misdirect so hes unable to do any semi-large AoE pulls. Even so hes topic looks more like QQ/Raging i do agree that he has a point. Were over-gearing content now so theres not much issues with it, but once Legion questing begins and our gear end up at some point obsolete we might have issues with AoE pulls.

And yes, we do have Freezing trap/Steel trap/Tar Trap but.. thats not the point here.

My idea was.. for instance.. Remove Butchery talent and put something that gives your Pet AoE attack when you cast Carve and a Glyph for increased pet aggro when your pets AoE. And thats it. It sorts all our farming problems and gives us one extra way to interact with our pet, its passive, but oh well, everything is better than just having ST only pet. Its a decent meat shield so i cant argue there.

For the rest of it.. I would like to see Disengage getting back into spec, on the side survivability bonus that it adds us, im simply lacking all those crazy stuff that we could pull off with it.

On the side note.. In these two days i had quite decent number of issues with Harpoon, mainly that its not connecting with target, but it goes on CD, bugging out on small elevations, elevated mobs (not high flying ones but those that you could pull with jump-attack combo).

Survival ended up quite fun to play, im just bugged out with minor things that are QoL changes. But again, its a new spec and it will probably take some time to get it on the right track.
    I totally agree with you...

I miss disengage (i feel so slow with out it, i also used to jump, point backwards while in the air, use disengage and put the camera back before i land and run!, sometimes i still jump and point backwards but then... nothing happens T.T)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I totally agree with you...

I miss disengage (i feel so slow with out it, i also used to jump, point backwards while in the air, use disengage and put the camera back before i land and run!, sometimes i still jump and point backwards but then... nothing happens T.T)
    Yup, exact same way i used to cheese out Disengage too. Or most of hunters out there.

Imagine.. theres a big gap between you and your target. You make a camp fire. Your Paladin is smashing his way around the gap with his glowy stuff, you just /sit and think how hes looking more like light bulb than a paladin and trying to figure out whats the power of that light bulb. FEMALE Panda (its always the FEMALE PANDA) Mist Monk does his (in most cases its a "HE" rolling with a "she" character cause of fluffy curves and free loot) kung fu misty greeny healing, Outlaw rogue rolls some funny dices and does his thing from the air, and everything is blasting from lightning from Enhances Stormstrikes chains.
    You go /afk, get to the kitchen and make you a sandwich cause bae would call you sexist if you tell her to do it (two gains, drama avoided and you moved your lazy buff few meters), you get back, they are almost there, a pack of trash from that golden mob you guys are after, first mob dies, paladin casts his round hammers, mist is pulling of something in the air and /y MANA!, second mob runs toward the hePanda, Outlaw is blazing with guns, mob is stunned, paladin is casting his shield, Enhance puts the Lightning Surge totem. WAIT! TIMEOUT! T! WHAT!? A TOTEM? ENHAN SHAMMYS NOW HAVE TOTEMS? SINCE WHEN!? O_o
    Anyhow.. Enhance chains his Stormstrike proc, Outlaw is building a finisher, mob attacks tank, down to 5%, hePanda has no mana for few seconds now, but it feels like a whole eternity, Rogue does his stabby stabby combo, second mob dies, Enhance off heals tank, one mob to go. Luckily its a minor add, the one that hits like a wet noodle but has ultra mega giga attack that wipes half of Azeroth if its not interrupted from its 10s cast. And you just sit there and watch all that. By your camp fire. They can do it.

TL;DR: Well.. they are down to last mob, sooo it means that its about the time to do THE thing. THE THING.
    You know, Hunters THE THING, you get up from being AFK, shrug off the dirt from your classy transmog from wardrobe 2.0, puf in the air, stand to the edge of the gap, target the mob, turn back, take a deep breath, THIS IS GONNA WORK! disengage, turn front midair and harpoon the mob. OH GOD YES PLEASE! I WANT IT!

...Or you could have mmaaayyybeee miscalculated distance and your Harpoon fails to cast due to OOR. And you die. Horribly. But gracefully. And end up as laughing stock for the rest of party. But hey, it was a graceful, yet funny death, after all, you did half turn in mid air. Well, luck follows the brave, and fun follows innovative people. Atleast you could be proud that you tried something so silly and it worked... almost..

Lets face it. Its not gonna happen, because DHs are new class and new class needs to stay cool AF and only class who could pull off stunts like these, its, after all, trademark of the class and its selling point. We dont want to make freshly hatched DHs with tattoos, demonic horns, glaives and wings. TATS. HORNS. GlAIVES. AND WINGS. (current global trending of "IN" and "COOL" stuff in one place (class) right there) jelly on our mad harpoon acrobatic skills now, dont we?
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-07-22 at 03:26 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Yup, exact same way i used to cheese out Disengage too. Or most of hunters out there.

Imagine.. theres a big gap between you and your target. You make a camp fire. Your Paladin is smashing his way around the gap with his glowy stuff, you just /sit and think how hes looking more like light bulb than a paladin and trying to figure out whats the power of that light bulb. FEMALE Panda (its always the FEMALE PANDA) Mist Monk does his (in most cases its a "HE" rolling with a "she" character cause of fluffy curves and free loot) kung fu misty greeny healing, Outlaw rogue rolls some funny dices and does his thing from the air, and everything is blasting from lightning from Enhances Stormstrikes chains.
    You go /afk, get to the kitchen and make you a sandwich cause bae would call you sexist if you tell her to do it (two gains, drama avoided and you moved your lazy buff few meters), you get back, they are almost there, a pack of trash from that golden mob you guys are after, first mob dies, paladin casts his round hammers, mist is pulling of something in the air and /y MANA!, second mob runs toward the hePanda, Outlaw is blazing with guns, mob is stunned, paladin is casting his shield, Enhance puts the Lightning Surge totem. WAIT! TIMEOUT! T! WHAT!? A TOTEM? ENHAN SHAMMYS NOW HAVE TOTEMS? SINCE WHEN!? O_o
    Anyhow.. Enhance chains his Stormstrike proc, Outlaw is building a finisher, mob attacks tank, down to 5%, hePanda has no mana for few seconds now, but it feels like a whole eternity, Rogue does his stabby stabby combo, second mob dies, Enhance off heals tank, one mob to go. Luckily its a minor add, the one that hits like a wet noodle but has ultra mega giga attack that wipes half of Azeroth if its not interrupted from its 10s cast. And you just sit there and watch all that. By your camp fire. They can do it.

TL;DR: Well.. they are down to last mob, sooo it means that its about the time to do THE thing. THE THING.
    You know, Hunters THE THING, you get up from being AFK, shrug off the dirt from your classy transmog from wardrobe 2.0, puf in the air, stand to the edge of the gap, target the mob, turn back, take a deep breath, THIS IS GONNA WORK! disengage, turn front midair and harpoon the mob. OH GOD YES PLEASE! I WANT IT!

...Or you could have mmaaayyybeee miscalculated distance and your Harpoon fails to cast due to OOR. And you die. Horribly. But gracefully. And end up as laughing stock for the rest of party. But hey, it was a graceful, yet funny death, after all, you did half turn in mid air. Well, luck follows the brave, and fun follows innovative people. Atleast you could be proud that you tried something so silly and it worked... almost..

Lets face it. Its not gonna happen, because DHs are new class and new class needs to stay cool AF and only class who could pull off stunts like these, its, after all, trademark of the class and its selling point. We dont want to make freshly hatched DHs with tattoos, demonic horns, glaives and wings. TATS. HORNS. GlAIVES. AND WINGS. (current global trending of "IN" and "COOL" stuff in one place (class) right there) jelly on our mad harpoon acrobatic skills now, dont we?
    Thank you!!!

I'm enjoying survival so far, plus there's a spot in my raid group's melee makeup. My only regret is losing disengage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Lol you must be new to throw abilities
    Its new for hunters players that their range attack is just for pull, so bear with us

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalonichan View Post
    I'm enjoying survival so far, plus there's a spot in my raid group's melee makeup. My only regret is losing disengage.
    We all cry for disengage

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalonichan View Post
    Plenty of times I died jumping off a cliff in high mountain

After how much I played survival on beta, and now on live, I think fixing our mastery would put us in a good enough spot overall. That's my only major gripe right now.

The pet could do some form of AoE too, but we have pretty decent AoE, so I think getting more would get us hit in other departments.