15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd recommend not getting caught up in the "the sky is falling" of the beginning of xpac cycle that happens with literally every single xpac
    That happens with literally every single class every single expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    that is true, but from what I've seen It looks like for a class with 3 dps specs warlock is currently too low. I am not optimistic about how much dps gain the artifacts are since every class gets them so it might even out.

THe good news is there is still more than a month time for adjusting numbers. I hope blizzards nerfs mages a bit and buffs warlocks

You can't just think about the artifact difference when thinking about going from now to legion. There are set bonuses and class trinkets that simply aren't even mildly balanced for the new specs (like demo) as well as these raids being extremely undertuned compared to our current power levels AND us potentially being able to get even stronger gear than we already had which was already over gearing the content.

Its a completely different world on live vs what its going to be like in legion.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    All I kept hearing was they simply hadn't gotten to lock visuals and to wait. Devs won't acknowledge any inquires about it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Except, as of now, all Warlock specs at 110 w/max out artifact doesn't really improve much. Still bottom of the barrel.
    Just....not....true.

Deleted
    You can't just think about the artifact difference when thinking about going from now to legion. There are set bonuses and class trinkets that simply aren't even mildly balanced for the new specs (like demo) as well as these raids being extremely undertuned compared to our current power levels AND us potentially being able to get even stronger gear than we already had which was already over gearing the content.

Its a completely different world on live vs what its going to be like in legion.

I see your point. I just hope they get it right with LEGION. It stills over a month away and then time passes until we can raid. So we probably have like 2 months for them to adjust numbers. They have more data than we have, but they have a very very hard job. It's a million variables and 12 classes with about 3 specs each. PvP and PvE. A lot of things have to be consider. I just hope they don't do any big mistakes. I just want a fair environment

That's literally not true. MoP Destro was very welcome, most of people was enjoying the spec so much. Ofc, you can't make everyone like it, the vast majority or people would agree that MoP Destro was awesome the whole expansion. And it's easy to see that Legion isn't being very welcome by most of Destro players...

WotLK Retribution and some others spec/xpac combos were welcome as well.

Deleted
    Not sure about that. One of the few things still giving me hope that they MIGHT be able to design classes well is the warrior updates in Legion.

I'd completely lost my love of what was my primary alt and something that, when time allowed, I loved to play. Arms was ruined in the past two expansions, whirlwind as filler and a horribly empty rotation.

The pre-patch has managed to bring back a lot of old abilities like overpower, somehow hit the perfect balance of a fulfilling set of abilities without being too spammy that it feels your two hander isn't dealing big blows, all rounded off by the phenomenal melee revamp.

I refuse to change mains. Ever. But holy christ I'm enjoying my arms warrior more than I've enjoyed a class since Cataclysm.

I'd had a lot of problems with the amount of pruning and general class design ethos lately, it feels like they've cut FAR too much and you have to rebuild some semblance of a class from talents and even then it's just not good enough. Arms has shown me that at least some areas of their team are very capable of designing a great feeling class with the current model (albeit the talents I picked that felt good may well be far from optimal, but numbers =/= design).

I have hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    the vast majority or people would agree that MoP Destro was awesome the whole expansion.
    I think you'll find yourself pretty mistaken, there. Destruction was not considered "awesome" until ToT at the earliest, and perhaps not even until the major round of ToT hotfixes.

6.0 Destro worked, yes, but it was a bit of a slog to play.

Deleted
    Does the Dimension Rip/whatever feel satiafying to use? Can I drop one and feel like damn that was some good damage like most artifact spells? Or do I need to spend all 3 charges to get some oomph feeling? I'd rather have liked somekind of Doomfire jazz 500sp plus500sp devouring plague kind of Fel mofo but I guess the portals will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I think you'll find yourself pretty mistaken, there. Destruction was not considered "awesome" until ToT at the earliest, and perhaps not even until the major round of ToT hotfixes.

6.0 Destro worked, yes, but it was a bit of a slog to play.
    Nothing mechanically changed between mid first tier (when the kjc buff happened) and ToT. And half the time maybe more, mannoroth's fury was the destro talent of choice anyway.

Destro became more popular as the expansion went on, it had almost nothing to do with mechanics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Does the Dimension Rip/whatever feel satiafying to use? Can I drop one and feel like damn that was some good damage like most artifact spells? Or do I need to spend all 3 charges to get some oomph feeling? I'd rather have liked somekind of Doomfire jazz 500sp plus500sp devouring plague kind of Fel mofo but I guess the portals will have to do.
    They hit pretty hard, at least the chaos ones

Quote Originally Posted by Phraun View Post
    This has literally nothing to do with the conversation at hand. Yes, warlocks were obscenely overpowered, but destro also worked and flowed far better than at any other time in any other expansion. The DESIGN of the class was superior in MoP. Whether you were beating anybody else or not has not a single damned thing to do with it and is entirely beside the point; if you were shit, other better locks still made you look like an assclown by comparison. What you're saying doesn't even have a place in the conversation.

MoP destruction FELT good and had a far higher skill cap than this BS they've introduced in Legion (or even WoD), and that is the point he's trying to make. It sure as hell felt a lot better than destruction does on live or in the beta.
    This x100 pretty much! They stripped Destro to all hell. We basically have no burst AoE now (unless u call the shit show that Rain of Fire is now quality AoE). I'd rather have my gimp RoF from before then cast this shit. Like who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

We have no mobility nowand they stripped away all our defense. There is no skill involved in simply casting immolate, Conflag on CD, and then 1-2 CB's. Rinse repeat. Jesus effing Christ. Even in TBC destro was more compelling! You know why? Because back then at least we were OP as hell. Now we're like that Arcane mage in Vanilla that no one wanted to bring along. It's just Sad.

And wtf happened to our special demons? Like, where is my Shivara? Whoever made all these changes to destro, I hope they get stung by bees every single day for the rest of their miserable lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    This x100 pretty much! They stripped Destro to all hell.
    Depending on talents legion destro has much more going on than mop or wod.

It's one of the only specs that actually got more complex with legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Each rift is roughly on-par with Chaos Bolt's damage, except they're instant cast, cost no resources, and two of them do damage over a duration. Popping all three then plowing the target with some Chaos Bolts and a CDF is quite satisfying IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Each rift is roughly on-par with Chaos Bolt's damage, except they're instant cast, cost no resources, and two of them do damage over a duration. Popping all three then plowing the target with some Chaos Bolts and a CDF is quite satisfying IMO.
    Yeah, plopping Lord of Flames on top of that is just silly. It's like WoD Arcane Mage level of retardation on pull.

Deleted
    Current destro has no flow, it may be a viable raid spec, but that doesn't make it enjoyable.

Is Eradication increases the damage from Rifts? (and pets, maybe?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Is Eradication increases the damage from Rifts? (and pets, maybe?)
    There are 3 different versions of the rifts:
    - A green one that shoots hundreds (not sure, feels like it) mini-chaos-bolts --> Total dmg output roughly the total amount of 1 normal chaos bolt but each of the little ones can crit
    - A green one that shoots out one single chaos bolt (like the cast-version)
    - a purple one that shoots out a handful or so shadow bolts --> Total dmg also around the total amount of 1 normal chaos bolt but again, each separate bolt can crit

Eradication increases the green ones, but not the purple one. Shadow dmg increase (like this buff you can get from the "Ritual of Doom" mob) only increases the purple one.

Deleted
    Do you guys feel chaos bolts damage is too low?

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Do you guys feel chaos bolts damage is too low?
    They've been trading quality for quantity ever since wod. Just the way its gonna be from now on.

Deleted
    They've been trading quality for quantity ever since wod. Just the way its gonna be from now on.
    Not sure I agree with this: at twice the shard (f.k.a. ember) cost, and the basically full randomizaion of gaining shards, it looks like they just reduced quality. Not much of a trade there. Wow life is becoming one single big lottery Don't even get me started on the Titanforged crap.