No matter what, the block chance value in the sheet doesnt make any sense.

Base Block is 3%. Block from Mastery is 100% Mastery, for my prot its 28.95% and that plus the 50%, makes (3 + 28.95) * 1.5 = 47,925% ... my character sheet shows 21%. How on earth could that be right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stNoob View Post

Base Block is 3%. Block from Mastery is 100% Mastery, for my prot its 28.95% and that plus the 50%, makes (3 + 28.95) * 1.5 = 47,925% ... my character sheet shows 21%. How on earth could that be right?
    Which character sheet are you looking at? In game, or the one at your B-net page? I find these don't match for me, with the in-game value being significantly higher.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Is Consecration something we should aim to keep 90%+ uptime on? I was hovering around 70% messing about last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it. I felt super squishy on Mannoroth yesterday.

Also, pony being on gcd really hurts. I planned to use it like a 3 sec Divine Protection but I find myself being on gcd in times when I need it. Probably too spammy with BH and it will get better later. Rotation feels meaningless and I find myself pressing AS too often. Time to relearn everything.
    Also, I lost a lot of haste for no good reason. Was sitting on 49.86% raidbuffed and having mastery enchants/gems pre-patch. After switching to haste enchants/gems (and getting haste ring yesterday), I'm only at 33% now.

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    God, the new SotR is busted. 44% DR, I'm assuming 55% while standing in Consecration. That's literally 4.5 seconds of GoAK. I'm guessing this is gonna go down to more reasonable values at 110?
    No. But shit murders your ass when active mitigation isn't up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    My Mythic WF class trinkets procs at 63% hp (I think) can't imagine I'll be able to get it to proc more than a couple of times per fight and on top of that the damage it does has been nerfed.
    Don't see it been any good at all now.

Would be interested in which 2 trinkets are highest dps now not been paying enough attention to know how much the other trinkets have been changed.
    For dps I've been going with Anzu's and Unending Hunger. That's probably not the absolute highest for dps, but it seems like a nice middle ground between dps and mitigation at least. Also, Blessed Hammer on multiple mobs gives a crazy amount of trinket procs. Got soooo many refreshes on UH.

Any recs for timewalking trinkets? Been using Horn and Hunger

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Is it worth regemming versa from haste on pre-patch? I mean is the survivability bump from changing gems / enchants noticeable? Since I had haste stuff from before and if it's good for damage and second best for survivability?

And which weapons enchant would be best for survivability atm, blackrock, shadowmoon or bleeding hollow? Never been a fan of haste enchant anyway.

Also on a side note, does avenger's shield in legion have any defensive benefit except the golden artifact trait? I remember there was something that using it was giving a buff to something else, but was that removed? Is frisbee in legion only for aggro / dps?

Atm obviously it has value due to 4-set, just wondering if I should value it way less come legion gear. Used to give us holy power too, but that's out of the window now as well.

And last thing, why is crit so bad if crit on judgement can give better shield slam buff uptime? How I see from the discussion about seraphim the uptime of shield slam is kinda a big deal (and big tradeoff), therefore I thought it would be useful to maximize it?
    Vers vs Haste - I wouldn't since we're all overgeared and instance overnerfed.

Weapon enchant - prob blackrock for true survivability.

AS - No defensive benefits, until we get our next tier.

Crit on Judgement is a terribly small portion of uptime, 10% crit ~ 1% better uptime.

Block has DR now, which is decently high.

Any beta players able to talk about how prot paladins get in beta?

Pre patch is making me want to quit tanking

Prepatch blows.

Beta is actually pretty fun at 110, tbh. I've not messed around in mythic dungeons, just in normals/heroics and then most of the raid testing.

It's pretty satisfying to play, and I've found a huge fondness for the 'KUNG' sound that the hammers make when they hit mobs - it makes you feel a bit like Thor.

Tanking is actually pretty engaging on bosses since you're juggling SotR/Divine Shield/other CDs for uptime, and you'll actually feel the mistakes pretty hard since you take a ton of damage if it's just unmitigated swings. You'll definitely miss DP, especially with horse being on the GCD, but overall it's not half bad. I don't know how the damage is compared to other tanks on single target, but AoE is still pretty satisfying.

Overall, I think it's quite fun and playable, but I don't really know how it stands relative to other tanks, which is a pretty important detail. Assuming we aren't too far behind other tanks, I think it'll be reasonably fun to tank with. I don't know if I'd say it's more fun than cheesing with class trinket or vengeance, but it's got its own little charm.

Pre-patch is not a good indication for the class at 110, for sure.
    Last edited by Veyloris; 2016-07-21 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Vers vs Haste - I wouldn't since we're all overgeared and instance overnerfed.
    Tbh you're right, last night hotfixes nerfed hfc to the floor, on Wednesday I was being mauled by mythic Zakuun, on Thursday we killed Tyrant, Manno and Archi mythic and the nerf was noticeable, stuff became significantly easier to survive. Well except the fact I hate new nameplates on Tyrant, again it's hard to target the add through her...

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Which character sheet are you looking at? In game, or the one at your B-net page? I find these don't match for me, with the in-game value being significantly higher.
    There is no difference for me. Both show the same wrong value.

Block has DR now, which is decently high.
    Block had DR in WoD and what i know about DR is that the formular is the same for all stats influenced by DR.

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743504316?page=18#351

If you calculate with the formular i linked above, you dont get the values shown in the character sheet. If these values only apply if you are lvl110 then you could calculate with the lvl100 values:

V = 0.00665
    H = 0.886

Block had DR in WoD and what i know about DR is that the formular is the same for all stats influenced by DR.

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743504316?page=18#351

If you calculate with the formular i linked above, you dont get the values shown in the character sheet. If these values only apply if you are lvl110 then you could calculate with the lvl100 values:

V = 0.00665
    H = 0.886
    >The diminishing returns equations for avoidance<
    >avoidance<

Block might've had some DR, but it was fairly mild.
    Now it's a lot more drastic.

Furthermore : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5907?page=1#20

So the value shown in the character sheet is the "real" block value ... thats very confusing because the game didnt explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Block might've had some DR, but it was fairly mild.
    Now it's a lot more drastic.

Furthermore : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5907?page=1#20
    Well, the thread you linked says that block doesnt have any DR, just that the numbers on character screen are factoring in dual-roll system.
    But that makes sense. If I avoid 40% of attacks and have 50% block chance, my character screen would show me having 30% block which is correct if you "merge" those two rolls to a single table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Well, the thread you linked says that block doesnt have any DR, just that the numbers on character screen are factoring in dual-roll system.
    But that makes sense. If I avoid 40% of attacks and have 50% block chance, my character screen would show me having 30% block which is correct if you "merge" those two rolls to a single table.
    It's both.

Boss has a (100-15-5-3) = 73% chance to hit me.
    .43/.73 = 58.9%

But i have 148% mastery which should give me 148% block.

Weapon enchant - prob blackrock for true survivability.
    I mentioned Shadowmoon before - Wednesday's raid was roughly about 40% uptime. Seems unequivocably better than blackrock.

Quote Originally Posted by kirielle View Post
    I mentioned Shadowmoon before - Wednesday's raid was roughly about 40% uptime. Seems unequivocably better than blackrock.
    Yea, shadowmoon has prob much higher uptime, but do you need vers when you're at max health ?
    I wonder if blackrock can still be better to prevent death.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's both.

Boss has a (100-15-5-3) = 73% chance to hit me.
    .43/.73 = 58.9%

But i have 148% mastery which should give me 148% block.
    What? How is 148% mastery even possible at 731 ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Veyloris View Post
    Prepatch blows.

Beta is actually pretty fun at 110, tbh. I've not messed around in mythic dungeons, just in normals/heroics and then most of the raid testing.

It's pretty satisfying to play, and I've found a huge fondness for the 'KUNG' sound that the hammers make when they hit mobs - it makes you feel a bit like Thor.

Tanking is actually pretty engaging on bosses since you're juggling SotR/Divine Shield/other CDs for uptime, and you'll actually feel the mistakes pretty hard since you take a ton of damage if it's just unmitigated swings. You'll definitely miss DP, especially with horse being on the GCD, but overall it's not half bad. I don't know how the damage is compared to other tanks on single target, but AoE is still pretty satisfying.

Overall, I think it's quite fun and playable, but I don't really know how it stands relative to other tanks, which is a pretty important detail. Assuming we aren't too far behind other tanks, I think it'll be reasonably fun to tank with. I don't know if I'd say it's more fun than cheesing with class trinket or vengeance, but it's got its own little charm.

Pre-patch is not a good indication for the class at 110, for sure.
    This is pretty interesting to read.

I've read/heard multiple times than Prot Paladin was now smashing every button on cooldown on PTR, making it the most boring spec ever.

Is there actually more subtlety than that?

I am not an experienced Prot player so I might be doing it wrong, but I found my character to be very squishy and the damage quite underwhelming during regular open world stuff. My ilvl is about 650, so nothing crazy but I'm not doing mythic content. I was thinking of leveling up as Prot in Legion, but I'm having 2nd thoughts.