Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why do you even bother arguing with Duke? His opinion is a minority in Baltics. It`s irrelevant, the deployment is happening and that`s a good thing.
    - Latvian living in Estonia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Woe View Post
    The normal people do understand that, but still there are some who are interested in inciting unrest in the Baltic countries to profit from it.
    ''If they disagree with me, they are not normal.''

Go to bed child.

And if anyone is inciting unrest it`s the Russian outlets here who are trying to sell mutually agreed deployment as occupation or some inane shit like that.

- - - Updated - - -

that the USA is losing control.
    And this is how we know that you`re completely clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Why do you even bother arguing with Duke? His opinion is a minority in Baltics. It`s irrelevant, the deployment is happening and that`s a good thing.
    - Latvian living in Estonia.

- - - Updated - - -

''If they disagree with me, they are not normal.''

Go to bed child.

And if anyone is inciting unrest it`s the Russian outlets here who are trying to sell mutually agreed deployment as occupation or some inane shit like that.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is how we know that you`re completely clueless.
    See duke, until you have guys like this one above there's very little you can do.
    This is the kind of guy that cheers about an increasingly tense relationship with a country which provides them with 100% of natural gas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    So basically you don't like the results. Got it.
    OK, next time I post a RT source. I don't want to hear any complaints from your side.
    Only that you remember it for the future.
    Because you dismiss those as easily as I did your propagandistic "source".

Judging by the NATO summit results, we're fighting shoulder to shoulder with you, and 28 other partners. Thats the situation, like it or not. You can engage in hypotheticals. I will not be.
    NATO summit results? Again the people here give a shit.
    But maybe I jump in then the people in Siauliai beat up the US soldiers, when they are in rotation in the NATO airbase?

But pleasantries aside, the NATO is nothing more, than a vassal club for the USA. The biggest mistake was, that the Baltic countries joined the NATO.
    We gained absolutely nothing from it.
    And I told you earlier, that the strategic position of the Baltic countries makes it almost impossible to defend. The Russian army would be able to encircle these countries in 36h.
    To counter the Russian troops, who are deployed in the North-Western / Western part of Russia, there would've to be ~ 30.000-50.000 NATO troops constantly stationed in the Baltic countries ... or more to say in Lithuania, because the Russians would try to establish as soon as possible as corridor to Kaliningrad. In essence they have to cover only 50km of ground to achieve this goal.

The moment the situation would escalate, all the troops deployed here would be pulled out as fast as possible or be left as sacrifice against a Russian onslaught.

No. The increase in debt is mostly due to increases in healthcare costs as baby boomers retire. Also debt doesn't matter. The US credit rating is gold plated and unlike most countries, treasury bonds sell so quickly that the US has set up high speed buying (via computer) for specific countries.
    Who gives out the credit ratings? Hmm.....

US Treasury bills have had interest rates so low for so long now on some of them (since 2007) buyers have occasionally bought them at a loss (they get back less money than they put in).

We're the only engine in the world economy at the moment. And lol... our "shitty currency". You're just a bitter foreigner. Got it.
    You're what? Please educate yourself, how important you are for the European economy. More so after more European companies will now pull out of your country. Because phase 1 of economical protectionism: Sue and damage the competition in the domestic economy.

Decades or more to come. Easily. The books look relatively healthy through the next 40 years. The biggest challenges ahead are social security trust fund payouts starting in the mid 2030s, but that can be fixed pretty easily.
    How big was the derivative bubble again? 500+ trillion? And where is the biggest share of that I wonder.

You need to understand... we're a tremendously rich country. Our governemtn spends ~$12 billion a day. Every year federal, state and local government spends about $6.7 trillion dollars. There are 220 million taxpyers in this country, most of them middle class. It's a positive feedback loop size + wealth = the ability to grow more, do more and create more wealth.
    Spending money, which in essence you don't have =! rich country.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    See duke, until you have guys like this one above there's very little you can do.
    This is the kind of guy that cheers about an increasingly tense relationship with a country which provides them with 100% of natural gas.
    ''Muh gas''. Literally as dumb as ''muh mentions'' when some idiot gets annoyed on Twitter for calling him out on his bullshit.

There are things far more important than that. And that 100% number of yours is false. A thing of a past.

The deployment should have happened in 2004, not 2016 - two years after Russia committed the first land grab in Europe in decades and which has certainly alerted every single authoritarian/totalitarian leader in the world about what happens to your country if you give you nuclear weapons. If you ever at some point supported nuclear-free world, Putin ended that remote possibility in March of 2014.

I don`t care about tense relationships. Putin seized Crimea because he knew Ukrainians had no loyal forces there. Once they gathered their rag-tagged forces in the East, the spread of the disease that is seperatism stopped at the suburbs of Donetsk and Lugansk.

Give him a finger, he`ll take your hand. Wear a spiked collar around your hand and he`ll fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, next time I post a RT source. I don't want to hear any complaints from your side.
    The poll was conducted by the Ministry of National Defence, Delfi merely reported the results.

''Muh source''.

NATO summit results? Again the people here give a shit.
    But maybe I jump in then the people in Siauliai beat up the US soldiers, when they are in rotation in the NATO airbase?

But pleasantries aside, the NATO is nothing more, than a vassal club for the USA. The biggest mistake was, that the Baltic countries joined the NATO.
    We gained absolutely nothing from it.
    And I told you earlier, that the strategic position of the Baltic countries makes it almost impossible to defend. The Russian army would be able to encircle these countries in 36h.
    To counter the Russian troops, who are deployed in the North-Western / Western part of Russia, there would've to be ~ 30.000-50.000 NATO troops constantly stationed in the Baltic countries ... or more to say in Lithuania, because the Russians would try to establish as soon as possible as corridor to Kaliningrad. In essence they have to cover only 50km of ground to achieve this goal.

The moment the situation would escalate, all the troops deployed here would be pulled out as fast as possible or be left as sacrifice against a Russian onslaught.

Who gives out the credit ratings? Hmm.....

You're what? Please educate yourself, how important you are for the European economy. More so after more European companies will now pull out of your country. Because phase 1 of economical protectionism: Sue and damage the competition in the domestic economy.

How big was the derivative bubble again? 500+ trillion? And where is the biggest share of that I wonder.

Spending money, which in essence you don't have =! rich country.
    After reading this post I strongly doubt you have the slightest clue how finance works. First and foremost, the derivitive bubble was global. Secondly, you're engaging in wishful thinking about European countries "pulling out", which isn't happening (and furthermore American business is larger than European busiess, particular in tech, where Europe is basically a non-entity). . Thirdly, the US borrows a minority of it's spending, and of that, mostly from itself. And it pays back what it owes.

Fourthly the three major credit agencies are American (two) and British (one).

No wonder you support trump. You just want to crawl into your security blanket and feel safe.

Anyway your fellow countryman called you out as a nut. After all, you did threaten me with murder, lol...

Deleted
    ''Muh gas''. Literally as dumb as ''muh mentions'' when some idiot gets annoyed on Twitter for calling him out on his bullshit.

There are things far more important than that. And that 100% number of yours is false. A thing of a past.

The deployment should have happened in 2004, not 2016 - two years after Russia committed the first land grab in Europe in decades and which has certainly alerted every single authoritarian/totalitarian leader in the world about what happens to your country if you give you nuclear weapons. If you ever at some point supported nuclear-free world, Putin ended that remote possibility in March of 2014.

I don`t care about tense relationships. Putin seized Crimea because he knew Ukrainians had no loyal forces there. Once they gathered their rag-tagged forces in the East, the spread of the disease that is seperatism stopped at the suburbs of Donetsk and Lugansk.

Give him a finger, he`ll take your hand. Wear a spiked collar around your hand and he`ll fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

The poll was conducted by the Ministry of National Defence, Delfi merely reported the results.

''Muh source''.
    So what percentage of gas import and trading you do with Russia again, as per today?

Good boy, you sit there and wear that spiked collar. It fits you well.

Infracted - do not post just to antagonize others
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2016-07-22 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    We had our disputes, but you have a bright head. Sadly there are prople aroud who are less fortunate who dont understand that they are being played

So what percentage of gas import and trading you do with Russia again, as per today?

If your non-argument about gas would have any merit to it, we wouldn`t go all in with this NATO deployment concept.
    Our politicians are easily corrupted cowards.

Evidently, your pseudo argument has no merit to it. No one here cares about it, it`s of no consideration when it comes to this policy.
    I could give you the numbers but they are irrelevant. In the end, it`s not our economies that are taking the beating.

As for that collar comment - it`s not me who has no spine. You are not capable of serious argument or debate for that matter.
    Ad hocs, ad hominems and sane inane ramblings that have no relevance to this topic whatsoever - the only things you`ve got up your sleeve.
    Pathetic.
    Last edited by Fruujik; 2016-07-22 at 08:21 AM.

This may be the most demeaning thing I've read in the forums in months. Holy shit. You're impliy that it's acceptable for a weaker country to be, to probe your analogy, like a dog or a pet, to a powerful country, due to an economic dependence? Absurd. Whatever you say henceforth about European integration, I'm remembering this one from you. This is how you really think. You really are a Putin Patsy.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I think you're one of the most worthless posters that OT has and hell, I'm embarrassed for you, buddy.

This may be the most demeaning thing I've read in the forums in months. Holy shit. You're impliy that it's acceptable for a weaker country to be, to probe your analogy, like a dog or a pet, to a powerful country, due to an economic dependence? Absurd. Whatever you say henceforth about European integration, I'm remembering this one from you. This is how you really think. You really are a Putin Patsy.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I think you're one of the most worthless posters that OT has and hell, I'm embarrassed for you, buddy.
    What is more amusing is that he doesnt realize we - Poland, Romania, Baltics - want to stand up the person and power that seeks to collar us.
    To label our pleas of help from our friends and allies as some kind of servitude is rather... pathetic.

But it`s Djalil. He has dug himself in that trench and I dont think he can disengage from that position that easily.

What is more amusing is that he doesnt realize we - Poland, Romania, Baltics - want to stand up the person and power that seeks to collar us.
    To label our pleas of help from our friends and allies as some kind of servitude is rather... pathetic.

But it`s Djalil. He has dug himself in that trench and I dont think he can disengage from that position that easily.
    Indeed. This is really less a discussion of NATO/Baltic/Russian policy which simply has had a certain series of events and policies that those two jokers refuse to accept (nonetheless, they are fact), and more going down the rabbit hole of a rather ignorant Italian's bizzaro psychology.

The joke of it is, he has revealed his entire belief system as a utter sham in that post. Europe by it's intrinsic nature will have economically weak, economically middle and economically mighty countries. That is natural. The US is the same way with it's States. It will have countries that hold more economic cards and countries that are more dependent. In Djalil's world now, instead of this promoting honest and fair cooperation, what he really means is that in his view of peaceful Europe, the economically mighty hold the dog collars of the economically weaker. This peace through Economic integration - Djalil worldview - is not really peace at all; it's a form of slavery and domination. WHen he says "Europe will have peace and unity through trade", he means the he envisions a Europe were the strong dominate the weak.

I have been in forums a long time, but I'm still stunned to see someone so completely and utterly obliterate themselves. He alluh akbar'd himself just to zing you. But I must admit, I'm not surprised in the least who committed the deed.

It does lead credence to the theory going around that Djalil is just shit posting for shits and giggles and really has no internally logical or coherent concept of what he is discussing.

Don't worry, the usual far right nut jobs will ignore it. Because their dislike of Obama, Clinton, or "SJWs" has by this point, largely liquefied their brains. They're just someone to defeat, not someone to convince.
    This right here is the problem I have had with American politics for a while now. I couldn't put my finger on it until you said it... US politicians aren't even working together to run a country as part of a political system anymore, they're actually having some sort of twisted political civil war and reconsiliation doesn't seem likely anytime soon. When a democracy relies on the minority accepting the majority's decision, this is a bad mix.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    After reading this post I strongly doubt you have the slightest clue how finance works. First and foremost, the derivitive bubble was global. Secondly, you're engaging in wishful thinking about European countries "pulling out", which isn't happening (and furthermore American business is larger than European busiess, particular in tech, where Europe is basically a non-entity). . Thirdly, the US borrows a minority of it's spending, and of that, mostly from itself. And it pays back what it owes.
    - The derivative bubble is global, indeed. Now ask yourself genius, which banks have most of this bubble on their accounts.
    Should the bubble explode... you'll see massively brokers in NY take a dive from the roof again.
    - And in essence USA is frenzy printing its own money.... Healthy economy indeed.

Fourthly the three major credit agencies are American (two) and British (one).
    Yes I know, and? Which ratings these agencies will give to f.e. America?
    The trustworthiness of said agencies has a little bit diminished after the last bubble popped in the USA.

No wonder you support trump. You just want to crawl into your security blanket and feel safe.
    I don't want to have a war-zone at my doorstep. I think that's a reasonable request.

Anyway your fellow countryman called you out as a nut. After all, you did threaten me with murder, lol...
    He is already absolutely clueless regarding the shifting natural gas market in the Baltics. So its not to far fetched to assume, that he is not exactly well informed regarding the trustworthiness of said reports.
    The new natural gas terminals were built to make the Baltic countries less dependent on the Russian gas.
    Now, who will benefit from this development? Hmm?
    And will this gas be cheaper as the gas, which comes from Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This right here is the problem I have had with American politics for a while now. I couldn't put my finger on it until you said it... US politicians aren't even working together to run a country as part of a political system anymore, they're actually having some sort of twisted political civil war and reconsiliation doesn't seem likely anytime soon. When a democracy relies on the minority accepting the majority's decision, this is a bad mix.
    Hey I agree with you entirely (consider what I normally say about American politics).

It's these people on the Trump hard right that make this different. THis is different and new. Democrats and Real Republicans can have, and will co-exist and cooperate for ages to come. They built this country together.

There is no mutual understanding, coming half way with this pack of racists, authoritarian, sexist, know nothings. America is a big country. We got a lot of crazies, like anywhere else, magnified by our size.

Usually they're content to brew in the background or the fringe. This year though? The center-right was routed by a man they understood far too late, and really it has been in decline for the past few years as the Republicans sullied themselves by making common cause with the tea party, giving voice for the first time to these maniacs. Many of the same Tea Party faces have rebranded themselves as Team Trump supporters. THis happened because the Establishment lost the ability to talk sternly to it's electorate years ago, and the obscene and unacceptable became acceptable. This is so far beyond "the southern strategy". This entire catastrophe is tons of episodes, such as Mitch McConnell saying "I'll take the President at his word" that he's a Christian, rewriting their own history with respect to the bailouts and tarp, the failure of austerity to gain traction in this country during the Recession... the Recession itself. One by one, the cells of asylum were open until the inmates took over.

This is a winner/loser binary battle where the inmates are all locked in a dark dungeon in the end. They need to lose because their politics are not acceptable in the modern American political tapestry. They will continue to exist, as they always have, but it's back to the fringe where they belong. There are tens of millions of moderate Republicans who have highly principled stands on the size of government, the importance of social issues, and the economy. They're being drowned out this year by a nasty mix of irrational hatred for Hillary (which is in no small part, really about Obama) and these far right extremists who think it's their turn.

It must never be their turn. Which is why I look forward to the Democrats and Moderate Republicans bludgeoning them in November and handing them a stinging beating they'll not soon forget.

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to add though, reconsillation is coming. Many center-right conservatives feel as I feel.

It's going to take two things.

(1) The Southern Strategy Republican Party is dying, and this, the ultimate incarnation of it, is the death wail of it. This entire election, from one perspective, is the far right crying out in rage as they decline in a very rapidly changing country. Their anger and rage step in large part from this: America and the world has changed, they have not. Decades of Republicans appealing to the "better times" (that never actually happened) has led to the inevitable colusion here. Out of this wreckage, over the next 4-8 years will come a new purged Republican Party. But make no mistake, every person who got up and endorsed Trump in a big way, at whatever level, will be cursed with a career destroying error on their part. This means operates, elected officials and lower level people.

(2) Obama has got to. Him just not being there will automatically make it better. Hillary won't be much better from the Republicans point of view, but Obama's liberalism in his second term (his first term he was fine) is a large source of the discontent this country is feeling. We are a center-right country and we're constantly bombarded with well left-of-center positions and statements. Not even policy, because without congress, the Administration has been able to do little. But in the US Civil Religion, the President occupies a very central, outsized role regardless of his ability to formulate and execute a policy of his own. And Obama's last 4 years have been a disaster for that. Black Live Matters - deeply unpopular - is on him. The Syrian Red line, Putin on the march, Chinese Hijinks, the rise of ISIS, is on him. The economic tepidness, is on him. Fair or not, he is the leader, he takes the fall (a very American perspective on leadership).

I think full reconciliation won't come until mid next-decade to be fair though. THe board needs to be cleared of everyone left from the 1990s - no more Clinton reruns, and cleared of any remaining Bush figures, and cleared of anyone Obama (not that Obama built a future for the Democratic party in the first place). It's going to take a wholesale change of faces.

I'm very optimistic. The American people are not crazy. We generally got our shit together. Which is what makes this Trump situation so disgusting. It's an embarrassment, and so not us at all.

@Skroe

So basically this is a cleansing process? That sounds good to me. What's worrisome, though, is that they still don't understand Drumpf, I think. He's a demagogue in the Gobbelsque tradition, saying whatever will swing votes his way and has no regards for how to actually accomplish any of it. He's got to fail, if only because a stunt like this isn't good for a nation. Should he win, the best outcome is that he won't be able to do politics for 4 years, since all he suggested is practically impossible. At worst, it'll divide the country even more.

A cleansed republican party would be a good outcome. They are suffering a lot. I don't see a problem with the democratic stances, naturally I tend to agree with most things Obama said, being from Europe and all. But any democratic system needs a good opposition. And the Republicans haven't been a proper opposition since Bush jr. started dicking around. They need to get back to serious business. And your media needs to be reigned in. I'm still waiting for the "new" news channel that takes journalism seriously and gets endorsed by both parties with interviews, insights and air time that doesn't turn into a mudslinging contest because that'll boost ratings. The media is really the worst thing in all of this at the moment. If it wasn't for the media hype, I think something like Drumpf couldn't happen.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    If your non-argument about gas would have any merit to it, we wouldn`t go all in with this NATO deployment concept.
    Our politicians are easily corrupted cowards.

Evidently, your pseudo argument has no merit to it. No one here cares about it, it`s of no consideration when it comes to this policy.
    I could give you the numbers but they are irrelevant. In the end, it`s not our economies that are taking the beating.

As for that collar comment - it`s not me who has no spine. You are not capable of serious argument or debate for that matter.
    Ad hocs, ad hominems and sane inane ramblings that have no relevance to this topic whatsoever - the only things you`ve got up your sleeve.
    Pathetic.
    I see you did not reply to the question asked.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about Skroe. You misunderstood but I'm sure you're going to use this again and again and again as a unfair allegation towards me in your VERY IMPORTANT battle on an gaming forum.

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about Skroe. You misunderstood but I'm sure you're going to use this again and again and again as a unfair allegation towards me in your VERY IMPORTANT battle on an gaming forum.
    I think the analogy ran away with you there, that's why you two are having this fight. You wanted the hipocrisy pointed out and he thinks you're endorsing the dependance on Russian imports. Or something like that... you two should kiss and make up. :P

Deleted

You want to do what to who now?
    You said it yourself, you want a spiked collar isnt that correct? US just gave you one. Be proud of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Usual drivel.
    It's always the same Skroe. Back to ignore you go.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the analogy ran away with you there, that's why you two are having this fight. You wanted the hipocrisy pointed out and he thinks you're endorsing the dependance on Russian imports. Or something like that... you two should kiss and make up. :P
    That's what you get for posting in a frenzy all sweating and angry. You forget to read the quotes and misunderstand. And in the case of Skroe, you then go on and proceed building 17 theories on top of what is you not understanding.
    You is impersonal there.

- - - Updated - - -

Estonia is in EU. Russia will never attack EU. USA and NATO are increasing tensions in the whole baltic area abusing the corrupt local politicians that know damn well how to farm votes through fearmongering.

It's simple, if you think Russia will attack EU, you're mad.

You want to do what to who now?
    You said it yourself, you want a spiked collar isnt that correct? US just gave you one. Be proud of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always the same Skroe. Back to ignore you go.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what you get for posting in a frenzy all sweating and angry. You forget to read the quotes and misunderstand. And in the case of Skroe, you then go on and proceed building 17 theories on top of what is you not understanding.
    You is impersonal there.
    Yeah, but in this case, it was you misunderstanding, mate. He was talking about a "spiked collar around your hand." Given the language barriers we're faced with on this forum, what he actually means is probably spiked bracers like bikers wear them. This goes with his analogy of giving the finger but preventing the hand from being taken (with spiked bracers).

Somehow you read "spiked collar" and made the connection to a dog with a spiked collar and then you just went with it. Understandable, but it was a mistake. Skroe was just picking up on that and posting a harsh reply, because he didn't see the misunderstanding there and thought you did that on purpose.

Deleted
    Yeah, but in this case, it was you misunderstanding, mate. He was talking about a "spiked collar around your hand." Given the language barriers we're faced with on this forum, what he actually means is probably spiked bracers like bikers wear them. This goes with his analogy of giving the finger but preventing the hand from being taken (with spiked bracers).

Somehow you read "spiked collar" and made the connection to a dog with a spiked collar and then you just went with it. Understandable, but it was a mistake. Skroe was just picking up on that and posting a harsh reply, because he didn't see the misunderstanding there and thought you did that on purpose.
    Spiked collar = spiked collar in fairness.