View Poll Results: Which spec are you going to main in Legion?

Voters
212. This poll is closed
  • Beast Mastery

90 42.45%
  • Marksmanship

79 37.26%
  • Survival

43 20.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    Fury of the Eagle is castable while moving on the Beta.
    I didnt played from a while because i am using acc of my fr. But still there is a lot of stuff, may be on next xpac it will be better.

For the first time I will have to main BM. It is a bit boring but there are no other options. SV has been my favorite spec since MoP, but now it is just a garbage melee spec. MM is feeling wierd and I hated that Sidewinders talent.

Having played hunter since TBC I don't really like any of the specs so far, but I'll play the one with the most dps

Im personally looking forward to playing SV, but I will hae the ranged specs as backup incase I don't like it or there are no spots for me. As of now I do enjoy SV the most, mainly because the spec is more complex than the other two.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Marks since Day 1. It's not my main raider so it's ok if it doesn't do the most damage. I just have never enjoyed dealing with the pets in a raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVBERBWF View Post
    Whats with the melee hunter hate?
    having a melee spec makes sense for a hunter.
    and sv is by far the most interesting of the 3 specs
    Its not hate, its that we applied to guilds as a ranged spec so there are just not that many melee spots left.
    For us to reroll to melee we would need other people to go ranged.
    That just won't happen with all the nice things melee got in this expansion.
    So its just a choice out of 2 specs really.

MM for lvling till 107 cuz 4 piece. Then it gets tough since I'll only pug raid in legion (HFC killed raiding for me). Maybe BM, Maybe MM. I like MM the most, but BM seems better at the content I'll be doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking at all 3 specs, I have to say I actually like both MM and BM and I will be happy to play whatever is best for a certain raidencounter.

SV however I might try out once in a while, but I won't play it mainly

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    I thought BM was boring as hell but found Survival fun. I guess im the minority ._.
    Yes SV is by far the most fun and engaging spec out of the 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    WoW 58% for BM.

At this stage I'm not even sure I'll buy Legion. Hunter has been my main for 11 years but none of the 3 specs look engaging...
    Played MM for a few hours last night. They've totally castrated the spec's flexibility. It's now 4 abilities on cd and waiting in between to generate enough focus.

Unless i'm missing something obvious, MM is total garbage. BM it is then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian/Resto.

They done fucked it up.

I have 2 Hunters, my gnome is 691, and my orc is 723. The gnome is and will remain BM, while the orc will remain MM, as she has been all HFC.

Picked up Thok on launch day, and I'll never give him up, or let him down. Never gonna run around as MM and hurt youuuuuuu.

So yeah, going Druid main solely due to them massively screwing the pooch with the entire Hunter class.
    Last edited by Sar-; 2016-07-21 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    Played MM for a few hours last night. They've totally castrated the spec's flexibility. It's now 4 abilities on cd and waiting in between to generate enough focus.

Unless i'm missing something obvious, MM is total garbage. BM it is then!
    There are a few things that you are missing. MM actually feels much worse on live than it will in Legion. It feels awkward right now because we're not supposed to have all instant shots. Our tier 4 set gives us instant Aimed Shots, when we no longer have a generator with a cast time to use in between. Basically the cast times shift from Steady Shot back into Aimed Shot in Legion, but right now nothing has a cast time when they've designed our focus generation to allow for that time. On top of that, we don't yet have the Windburst ability from our artifact, which uses up more of that empty time without much focus cost, and gives us another way to apply the Vulnerable debuff. Also, with the artifact we get much harder hitting Aimed Shots, guaranteed crits on every shot as long as something you're fighting is in execute range from Deadeye, and 50% extra crit damage during Trueshot. It gets a lot better. Don't underestimate the value of being able to do full aoe damage and full single target damage at the same time, and there will be a lot of padding to be done abusing Deadeye.

Isn't the current situation "you play MM or you don't get to raid"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaha View Post
    Isn't the current situation "you play MM or you don't get to raid"?
    Eh, for legion, i very much doubt it. BM and MM almost SIM identical. MM might be a bit stronger on the ST side but BM is much better at AoE and mobility. Both specs are kinda even. Roger from method, is going to play BM and many top hunters will do so also.

The problem is simply almost all hunters are used so much to the unlimited mobilty aspect, that the feeling of casting stuff and staying in one place, kinda feelds arkward now. You can simply play firemage if you like MM.

I will go with BM also.

Playing MM is like playing starship or wizard or strangebadturret or whatever BUT NOT LIKE HUNTER. It completely lost hunter class identity and don't make me want play that crap. I will reroll balance druid, who is well designed and pleasure for play. After 531 days ./played on my hunters it is such gigantic shame. It's very likely I will quit Legion after 1-2 months.
    Last edited by Hibiki; 2016-07-22 at 04:38 PM.

I'm in freakin' love with survival. I've mained a tank in each expac, and this may be the first one I don't.

I just need to get my hands on DH first before I make the call.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    Eh, for legion, i very much doubt it. BM and MM almost SIM identical. MM might be a bit stronger on the ST side but BM is much better at AoE and mobility. Both specs are kinda even. Roger from method, is going to play BM and many top hunters will do so also.

The problem is simply almost all hunters are used so much to the unlimited mobilty aspect, that the feeling of casting stuff and staying in one place, kinda feelds arkward now. You can simply play firemage if you like MM.

I will go with BM also.
    Please, don't spread nonsense.

First of all, BM and MM don't sim identical. BM sims significantly higher. About 30% higher to be exact, at starter level raid gear and full artifact power.

Secondly, you can test this for yourself at the beta PvP server. It takes 20 minutes to do so with the premade characters at dummies. BM is significantly stronger in single target, and even more so in multi target situations. In fact, my own tests with max lvl artifacts have me doing over 50% more dmg as BM than as MM.

That said, DPS tuning is so bad currently that nobody knows how it'll be when the raids actually open. An Assa rogue will do twice the dmg of an Arms warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-07-22 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    I don't have any special affection for a certain spec, I played all three in WoD. In Legion however, it's going to be only BM. I don't play hunter for melee and MM feels so terrible to play. BM is pretty dull with the downtime and the whistling. BM would be alright if cobra shot was castable, there is no flow and breathing room in spamming instants. Only reason I'm not switching classes is the second pet, never been much of BM guy but the a second pet sounds cool even if it is still just dumb passive damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Please, don't spread nonsense.

First of all, BM and MM don't sim identical. BM sims significantly higher. About 30% higher to be exact, at starter level raid gear and full artifact power.

Secondly, you can test this for yourself at the beta PvP server. It takes 20 minutes to do so with the premade characters at dummies. BM is significantly stronger in single target, and even more so in multi target situations. In fact, my own tests with max lvl artifacts have me doing over 50% more dmg as BM than as MM.

That said, DPS tuning is so bad currently that nobody knows how it'll be when the raids actually open. An Assa rogue will do twice the dmg of an Arms warrior.
    on the lodge sims, all three specs are like almost identical DPS. Azo even wrote in his guide that MM will prolly be the top raid spec in LEGION. Personally i wont trust any sims too much right now.

I voted for BM and I think on balance I probably still will, but man... Survival is awesome. I'm really enjoying it, much more than I thought I would, and that's even before factoring in that Survival retains a lot of the old utility (traps, camo) that BM used to have access to.

I'm not likely to raid much, at least not at the beginning, so that's not really a factor. This is going to be quite a hard decision, nevertheless. I love Survival so much but I really hate to give up BM and my awesome exotic pets.