Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Bandages are for healing during combat and food is for the buff, both are consumable.
    Well they do make cheap food that provides no buffs, just for recuperation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Well, that's the nature of MMO's. If grouping up for content forces a player to quit, he / she has the wrong expectations for the genre. That Blizzard has thrown that book out the window for years now, and sees backlash when trying to reel things in (see: flying) is their own problem to contend with.
    And you've quit playing for years and exactly what has Blizzard done for you lately, anyway?

I'm used to it as a Mage. But my Enhance shaman took quite a hit in terms of self healing via the flame shock glyph and the Damage done to healing conversion talent that i forget the name of. Warlocks soloing has improved though.,That Soul leech and the talent that improves it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The post you quoted is a bit of an exaggeration. World content is still perfectly soloable in the Legion beta, the artifacts make a huge difference from what you're seeing on live.
    But 'right now on live' is the focus of the OP's complaint.

If you dislike the changes made to your favorite class / spec, the associated reduction in damage right now is just icing on the cake.

While it's not ideal, you should try and get your hands on the Kazzak trinket that grants tertiary stats. The leech on it will give you like 5% of your dmg as healing, which is half of what your rogue is getting (but with their other self healing/defensive toolkits on top).

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    And you've quit playing for years and exactly what has Blizzard done for you lately, anyway?
    I didn't leave WoD because of solo-ability one way or the other. I started back up out of boredom and wanting to see what Legion offers, not sure how long I'll stick around

Deleted
    You can solo all content that are ment to be solo-able. Like most world quest (not the rare group or raid quests).
    All quests in the leveling process you can solo, except from the dungeon quests. You can progress on your artifact while playing solo. You can do your campaign (almost) solo- a few instance quests.
    If you want you don't have to group up for close to anything- it is your choice. You can still get 835 gear for world quests + the chance for titan forged or even a legendary item.

So basically you don't need self healing for Legion. And if you got some, then it somewhat reflect on your dps being slightly lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bandages are for healing during combat and food is for the buff, both are consumable.
    And both are perfectly usable out of combat. Want to gain HP at an increased rate OOC (i.e. heal)? Bandage and/or eat. Yes, they're consumable - so what?

It's easy to tell the people who didn't play early in the game's life. When I was questing to level my rogue in vanilla I didn't have a heal spell - I was DPS. How did I heal OOC? First aid and food. You can use that same stuff now. Or you can whine that there's no OOC spell.

AS for removing self heal spells... good. Yes, it means you can't solo pull as many mobs in the world... yes, it means in group content healers will be more important to staying alive. As long as they don't entirely screw up balance it's fine. Those of yo who want TBC and vanilla? It was like this then for classes with no heal spec.

I DO think that if you have a heal spec and aren't in it you should still have a self-heal. That is, if you're a priest in shadow, you should still have 1-2 heals... that's part of the benefit of choosing a class that can heal and removing THOSE spells is overdoing it. But for pure DPS and tanks without healer alternate specs? Meh.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-07-22 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And both are perfectly usable out of combat. Want to gain HP at an increased rate OOC (i.e. heal)? Bandage and/or eat. Yes, they're consumable - so what?

It's easy to tell the people who didn't play early in the game's life. When I was questing to level my rogue in vanilla I didn't have a heal spell - I was DPS. How did I heal OOC? First aid and food. You can use that same stuff now. Or you can whine that there's no OOC spell.
    I agree with you in principle, but i hesitate to use this comparison because the herp-derpers will come in and say things like should we have to walk to instances too and we shouldn't go back to vanilla - which is true. This small nerf to self-sustain as a dps is nothing like vanilla though, we still have the vast majority of QoL changes in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Yes, please let me bandage during spine. It's not like there's so much damage flying around all the time and I've got to move and and and. Seriously it feels the only way some people are ever going to stop crying about bandages is when Blizzard finally removes first aid. Which is long overdue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently soloing isn't at it's strongest but come legion and you'll have a 1.5m hp pool that outweights all possible self healing.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Currently soloing isn't at it's strongest but come legion and you'll have a 1.5m hp pool that outweights all possible self healing.
    To be fair, that makes first aid look even worse. There might be hidden buffs but right now the bandage does nearly 10k less heal than the WoD one. And it would ammount to about 1/30 of health over 8 seconds.

Which means that if you're right, one just needs to bandage themseles for 4 minutes straight to heal to full!

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    I've farmed gold mostly by doing cata raids and some mop raids on my 8 lvl 100's. Enchance shaman was one of the best thanks to the awesome selfhealing they had. Same with ret paladin and to some extent fury warrior. Now the only classes that actually does any decent amount of selfhealing seems to be assassination rogues with leeching poison. Am I missing something here or is selfhealing greatly nerfed?

To be clear, this is NOT a whine post. I love the new changes to all classes I play and it feels very refreshing, just a bit curious as to why they removed so much selfhealing.
    Back in my day, we ate food and used bandages!
    But no, really.
    Part of the feedback regarding the ease of leveling involved how simple it was to truck through zones. As a tank, I don't mind being humbled a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never quite liked self healing. Warriors should not be able to selfheal for instance, but instead they do insane damage while they live, and they got protection leftover to reduce damage. Same with mage. Moonkin have restoration leftover but they need to stop doing damage to heal. And so on.

I don't know if they removed selfhealing yet but I hope so.

Deleted
    Soul, I'd argue this is the wrong way to go about it. Always has. We've repeated this pattern several times over again. Leveling doesn't become harder, playing the game doesn't become more challenging and fun. It ends up adding down times and tediousness at best and frustration at worst. Playing should be fun, dynamic and challenging.

Damage sponges, long down times and so on and on aren't actually challenging in any way, they just draw the entire process out a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    I don't see why they would do this. I didn't play too much beta so I know nothing about leveling. But needing to eat and drink again between every other mob seems like a step backwards. Especially now when we get our superuber awesome artifact weapons. Cashten, wielder of Ashbringer the highblade and lord of the Silver Hand needs to stop and eat because I just killed 2 random mobs while leveling. Yeah I don't know...
    Rets have enough selfheal. (for solo questing)
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Part of the feedback regarding the ease of leveling involved how simple it was to truck through zones. As a tank, I don't mind being humbled a little bit.
    Tanks are supposed to be able to pull the zone and kill it slowly. It's always been that way.

Now you pull part of the zone and it kills you slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Tanks are supposed to be able to pull the zone and kill it slowly. It's always been that way.

Now you pull part of the zone and it kills you slowly.
    No they aren't and no it hasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury still has really good self-healing. Feral's Healing Touches got buffed, but they lost Rejuvenation in Cat Form; not sure how that balances out. Windwalker's self-healing is much better now than before. So it's not all completely gutted, just...a lot of it.

And bandages are interrupted by any damage, including dots... which is a big part of the issue with healing as a profession. Granted, they moved bandages to a pot in WoD, but still.