Priest vs Warlock dps

Based upon how things are looking what do you think will be the stronger/more reliant dps class? I have seen mixed things about both classes regarding dps but would like to see a general consensus among the community for those whom have played the classes in the beta etc... What do you all think?

1 spec vs a class with 3 specs. I know which of the two will be more reliant, and likely more stronger.

I am personally completely in love with the new Shadow. It's extremely fast-paced with the Surrender to Madness and perfectly embodies exactly what I like the most in a caster DPS. Multi target is strong and ST is able to be talented to be strong as well. It's the best the spec has been since the MoP rework and I cannot speak highly enough about it. The downside: AE is still garbage but that's never been Shadow's strong point and it doesn't look like Blizzard intends for this to change anytime soon.

Warlocks, on the other hand, have a tendency to always have at least one viable spec and offer a bit more variety in playstyle. With the Artifact weapon, you'll likely only be playing one spec and from early testing, it looks like Destro is going to be the choice for PvE. It's hard to say for sure whether Warlocks will fare overall better than Shadow this coming expansion but there hasn't been a time where Warlocks were not in some way viable.

Ultimately, I'd say it boils down to what you personally would prefer to play. Play them both and whichever one meshes best with your personal playstyle, stick to it and ride it until the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but we don't allow help me pick threads.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)