Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean...how much more do we need a confirmation of N'Zoth coming either in this expansion as a patch boss or the next expansion as the main one?

Also incredibly sad they seem to have given credit for the Emerald Nightmare entirely to Yogg-Saron now, moreso than even just him first discovering it.
    The nightmare tree references N'zoth constantly, and all references to N'zoth are that he's the dreamer, that he lays sleeping, that he corrupted Neltharion due to his closeness to the depths and Ysera through the dream, it's preeetty clear N'zoth is responsible for corrupting Xavius as well, the naga, satyrs in general.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    waq maq oou ywaq maq ssaggh. Ywaq ma shg'fhn.

Or rather,

"They do not die, they do not live, they are outside the cycle."
    Old god minion stating something not canon.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    The nightmare tree references N'zoth constantly, and all references to N'zoth are that he's the dreamer, that he lays sleeping, that he corrupted Neltharion due to his closeness to the depths and Ysera through the dream, it's preeetty clear N'zoth is responsible for corrupting Xavius as well, the naga, satyrs in general.
    But blizz ultimately gave credit to Yogg

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But blizz ultimately gave credit to Yogg
    Yup.

That's my only problem.

I get that they wanted each Old God to have their own "thing," rather than all of them screwing up stuff together, but Yogg-Saron already had Ulduar and Vordrassil. He didn't need the Emerald Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    No it wouldn't! That would be a great max level zone like Suramar in the next expansion! I want my N'zoth + Azshara + Naga expansion
    Could also throw in some trolls, raids involving them are usually awesome
    You're speaking my language, believe me. When there was speculation on what Thal'Dranath was, the idea of it being a risen landmass from the ocean floor containing Ny'alotha came up, and it took hold of me. I love the idea of N'Zoth fighting the Legion with us though, if the story is we storm Ny'alotha only for N'Zoth to suggest to a team-up, that would be a great lead-in to a final patch where everyone on Azeroth, good and bad, throws themselves at the Tomb to shut down Sargeras. Once he's taken care of, N'Zoth inevitably will turn on everyone and try to take the world for himself. I think that would be a decent lead-in to a future expansion with him and Azshara.

Okay, so a few Xal'atah quotes I had not yet seen and have caught my eye:

"Odyn's arrogance proved his undoing. You should ask him if he's considered Loken's final words to him. Go ahead."

- Do we have any information on this? I would love to know what was said there.

"The Tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption...considering their origin..."

- Their origin? Could it be that the ancient yaungol came to be by some Old God shenanigans?

"I remember the dark irons fondly. Modgud was so easy to corrupt in her fury. Imagine how hot it burned when I abandoned her to the Wildhammer."

- Confirmation it was indeed Xal'atah's power that corrupted Grim Batol

"A powerful dragon can be a powerful tool. Alas gone are the days of galakrond."

- Probably means it was the Old Gods that made Galakrond into what he was, with all the necromancy and stuff.

"Do the Naaru talk of their servants that came before the Draenei? No? Aahahahah!"

- Ooohhhhh, nice one. Who could it be? Nathrezim? That would be awesome.

I mean it's not really a surprise that the Naaru would have tried to help another race before the Draenei and its possible they were corrupted anyway. Or maybe a small group of them escaped like the Draenei and we'll find them one day. Or that small group was wiped out like the Draenei almost were.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    "I remember the dark irons fondly. Modgud was so easy to corrupt in her fury. Imagine how hot it burned when I abandoned her to the Wildhammer."

- Confirmation it was indeed Xal'atah's power that corrupted Grim Batol
    This part also shows up in more detail on 2 pages of the book with artifact research. Awesome reading =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean it's not really a surprise that the Naaru would have tried to help another race before the Draenei and its possible they were corrupted anyway. Or maybe a small group of them escaped like the Draenei and we'll find them one day. Or that small group was wiped out like the Draenei almost were.
    The question is... how? i mean... maybe they got completely corrupted or annihilated cause the Naaru abandoned them (and they actually did that cause there was no other option, it was die that die or live to fight another day, making the pure Naaru more grey)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The question is... how? i mean... maybe they got completely corrupted or annihilated cause the Naaru abandoned them (and they actually did that cause there was no other option, it was die that die or live to fight another day, making the pure Naaru more grey)
    Xal'atath mentioned the scale of conflict is incredibly vast, so light and void might fight their war in the universe as well, so it wouldn't be unlikely if a few thousand races serve and die every week or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Xal'atath mentioned the scale of conflict is incredibly vast, so light and void might fight their war in the universe as well, so it wouldn't be unlikely if a few thousand races serve and die every week or so.
    Is not the fact that they serve and die, is the possibility of leaving them to die, that might be a reason enough for the Naaru to not say anything, if they had nothing to hide, why not talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Is not the fact that they serve and die, is the possibility of leaving them to die, that might be a reason enough for the Naaru to not say anything, if they had nothing to hide, why not talk about it?
    Oh it is quite likely they leave races to die, they didn't intervene to safe the Draenei from the orcs for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I mean that was once again headcanon from Aqua and company that N'zoth was behind it. It was never even mentioned that it was him.
    That was literally the first thing we learned about N'Zoth.
    https://youtu.be/d343AvMF4yA?t=348

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Welp...this is good reason enough for me to play a Shadow Priest.
    thats what I was thinking.... "well shit, I guess I have to level one now. see where all this shit comes in and is said."

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    That was literally the first thing we learned about N'Zoth.
    https://youtu.be/d343AvMF4yA?t=348
    Except Metzen talks out of his ass and the headcanon crowd was the one who made him believe that was the case because they had been claiming it was confirmed long before that. Chronicle proved otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except Metzen talks out of his ass and the headcanon crowd was the one who made him believe that was the case because they had been claiming it was confirmed long before that. Chronicle proved otherwise.
    So now, something that Metzen himself says as a big reveal during a Lore Q&A is not canon? Wtf?

The fact is that N'Zoth being responsible for the nightmare was as canon as it can be, and Blizzard retconed it with Chronicle, as it happens that they retcon things sometimes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    "The Tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption...considering their origin..."

- Their origin? Could it be that the ancient yaungol came to be by some Old God shenanigans?
    I put emphasis on "here" because I take this quote to mean the Highmountain tauren in particular, and their long-time close proximity to Neltharion/Deathwing.

Nyalotha metioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Well this just hyped me to play my Spriest. Love when the Legion gets trumped by the Old Gods and it seems like where ever they're digging, they're gonna reach N'zoth.

Also I'm thinking she just confirmed naru's were originally Old Gods.
    She might be lyieing. The flavor text tell us to not hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Xal'atath has a mind of its own. Ignore its maddening whispers. Do not trust the lies it spins. Take from it what you need, but always remember that the dark presence in the blade is not your ally."

- - - Updated - - -

Now something taht u said, that the cataclysm was caused because we ''killed'' the old gods......it doesnt make sense, we repaired the pillar at the plane of earth, it was caused by Deathwing.......if killing Yogg and Cthun caused, it should be right after we killed it.......i dont get it....It doesnt make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    Now something taht u said, that the cataclysm was caused because we ''killed'' the old gods......it doesnt make sense, we repaired the pillar at the plane of earth, it was caused by Deathwing.......if killing Yogg and Cthun caused, it should be right after we killed it.......i dont get it....It doesnt make any sense.
    As people pointed out, the Cataclysm's pre-events happened way before Deathwing bursted back to Azeroth from Deepholm in the Elemental Plane (and damaged the pillar in process). It happened when the Pillar were pretty much intact.

Going by what Blizzard said, we can assume that this is the process ("assume" only, as Blizzard didn't say how it happened): C'Thun / Yogg died -> the world weakened over time -> Earthquakes / Tsunami -> Elemental Unrest -> the border between Azeroth & Elemental Plane weakened -> Deathwing bursted back, damaged the Pillar -> Start of Cataclysm (expansion), the beginning of the end of the cataclysm (event).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.