Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Wait, what?

You guys have been frothing at the mouth against speculation, now you have an article saying that the Munich Police are saying the attackers have Islamist backgrounds, and suddenly it's speculation on the part of the police? The ones you have been looking for to give confirmation about who the attackers were?
    I don't want an article that Munch Police said something, especially if it's a CNN article. I want a tweet, facebook post, press relase, or an article with video evidence of a high ranking investagator saying it. Basically I want to hear it directly from the Munich Police. Shouldn't be hard to find since CNN is apparantly quoting them.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

In one hour there will be a press conference by the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts and prayers to Germany.

I mean, that's what we have to do when they refuse to actually address the underlying problem, right?
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I am almost sure if Loretta heard the gunman say "All hail Breviak, All hail Hitler", suddenly all these people who are discounting what she heard would suddenly believe every word she said.
    I doubt it. Like other people have mentioned, she is the only person out of hundreds that has said anything about that particular phrase. You can post that she said it, but taking it as gospel is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I don't want an article that Munch Police said something, especially if it's a CNN article. I want a tweet, facebook post, press relase, or an article with video evidence of a high ranking investagator saying it. Basically I want to hear it directly from the Munich Police. Shouldn't be hard to find since CNN is apparantly quoting them.
    Maybe someone answered the phone, claimed to be Munich Police, and said it was definately terrorists.

Police press conference incoming at 2am.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    To be fair, there was a time when it wasn't. In many ways part of the Middle East and North Africa were important parts of the ancient world. Obviously since then a lot of changes happened both demographically and ideological aswell as cultural and it's not the same anymore. So it wasn't ALWAYS like that but from the decline and the following events there are things to be learned.

That wasn't the norm for the region though. The era you are talking about came about when Christian child where taken from their parents and trained to be elite soldiers. They rebelled and overthrew the regime and for a while things quieted down...at least till they become corrupt and eventually destroyed.

We can't let people try to play off the massive fuck up the current EU government made trying to get cheap labor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    There is no statement of the police saying that this was an islamist attack.
    Let's not play this stupid game. You know who did this.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Well, I've watched the press interview by the police spokesman and he at least said he couldn't exclude an islamistic background.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Thoughts and prayers to Germany.

I mean, that's what we have to do when they refuse to actually address the underlying problem, right?
    What, you mean the US going into the Middle East fucking everything up and leaving the shit to Europe to clean up? Yeah great, you know where you can shove your prayers?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jork View Post
    On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being 100% irrefutable evidence 'Allah Ackbar' was not shouted, and 10 being 100% irrefutable evidence it was shouted, given the two witness accounts we have so far, one claiming it was shouted, the other that an 'anti foreign slur' was shouted, it is slightly more probable than not that it 'Allah Ackbar' was shouted, and it at 6 on the scale, or 60% probability it was shouted.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.

There's video of someone shouting "Fuck foreigners" (I believe that's the translation?) in german, there's no video of anyone saying Allahu Akbar.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, I've watched the press interview by the police spokesman and he at least said he couldn't exclude an islamistic background.
    Not excluding something is very different than confirming it though. They also won't exclude that the attackers were gay or christian lol Until there is evidence that says they weren't Muslims, Christians, or gay then they can't very well exclude it.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tagesschau.de/newsticker/...nchen-101.html

Police is going to hold a press conference in about an hour. It will be live streamed
    Druid since Feb. 06

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Police press conference incoming at 2am.

2am munich time, which is 8 pm in New York, 5 pm in LA. just for info

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post

There's video of someone shouting "Fuck foreigners" (I believe that's the translation?) in german, there's no video of anyone saying Allahu Akbar.
    Link to the vid? I'll translate it for you.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    2am munich time , which is 8 pm in New York, 5 pm in LA. just for info
    Or about an hour from now for everyone not in those time zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Link to the vid? I'll translate it for you.
    the video is weird. the sound is too clear even if he was shouting from the parking lot

Ok, first off... he's saying "Here's option A and here's option B, I think A is more likely so that's why it's more likely." So yeah, it's crazy talk. Don't worry about it.

Second, what video of someone saying fuck foreigners? If you mean the rooftop video, it was really hard to tell who said what. You have to remember, it's not just one balcony. It's a multi-apartment building and it was quite obvious that it was several balconies that were witnessing the scene. The guy calling the dude a wanker was from a different balcony, I'm fairly certain about that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

When you let in savagery, then savagery will play inevitably play itself out. Europe is learning the consequences of its incessant virtue signaling.

Not excluding something is very different than confirming it though. They also won't exclude that the attackers were gay or christian lol Until there is evidence that says they weren't Muslims, Christians, or gay then they can't very well exclude it.
    I know, I'm just saiyng what I know to be fact, because I've seen the German dude say it in actual German. On TV. And if THAT is the source CNN has, then they're using a lot of creative license to change the narrative...

I have a question, is the gunman saying "fuck foreigners" or are the people in the vicinity who saw who the gunman was reacting to his non-german nationality?