Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I only have one question

If the dog had lunged at him..why didnt he draw his sidearm? Why go all the way back to the car to get the rifle?

Dog-fence-cop = cant miss at that range.
    Another good point. Any trained officer should be able to shoot and stop/kill any dog with his handgun. There is too many unanswered concerns to justify the action by the officer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Another good point. Any trained officer should be able to shoot and stop/kill any dog with his handgun. There is too many unanswered concerns to justify the action by the officer.
    The way I see it happening was, he shot the first time with his sidearm, then went and got his rifle to finish the dog off, by that point the people inside(5 year old birthday party) had come out and saw the last 2 shots.

Why there was a need for a second shot with the rifle is beyond me.

If there was a fence between the dog and the cop the cop should be fire and charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

This is chilling. I recently had police on my property (for a legit reason), and thankfully one of the first instructions they gave was to make sure our dog was inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have two shiba inu dogs. One is so incredibly friendly she jumps on and licks everyone she can with high-pitched yips. I am utterly terrified of what would happen if a cop encountered her. Bailey is more reserved than Godiva, but he is known to snarl and guard bark at other dogs, again, a combination that scares me if a police officer felt threatened. They wouldn't care that neither of my dogs are actually aggressive and Godiva is such a little waffle that even shaking my keys are enough to have her fall to the floor in fear, they'd shoot them anyway...and that's all this article shows.
    Yeah, I am honestly right there with you.
    I think that for the most part, the vast majority of police get a bad reputation from the actions of a very small %, but even I am apprehensive around any police when I am with by English Bulldog. He is a super friendly dog to everyone, he just kind of looks like he wants to start shit, and as anyone with a bulldog will tell you, when they get excited, they don't like dance around, they get tunnel vision, put their heads down and charge straight at what they are excited about.

The place I live is pretty ghetto, and there are often police walking up and down the stairs, and in and out of the building. He always gets as excited when he sees police officers as he does when he sees anyone else, so whenever I am with him and I see a cop, I tell them that he is very friendly, he just gets excited whenever he sees people. Then I tell them that everyone in the building loves him, kind of subtly hinting that if they try to hurt my dog I will sue the shit out of them and parade an entire building full of people who will support me in front of a judge if needed.

i respect cops, i really do. i just wish there was a different job that was better for power tripping douche bags. like if accounting was badass and you got to wear a badge
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    I only have one question

If the dog had lunged at him..why didnt he draw his sidearm? Why go all the way back to the car to get the rifle?

Dog-fence-cop = cant miss at that range.
    Why draw a gun at all? The dog was behind a fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why draw a gun at all? The dog was behind a fence.
    Clearly his authoritah was questioned.

I'm personally not particularly surprised that cops are often cruel dicks that found a profession that allows them to be dicks for hire.. That matches the majority of my experience in life.

Unless there is video from this, we are just gonna have to take the cops word on it. A pit bull can be extremely dangerous, especially when defending his grounds.

"The Malones believe the death of their dog could have been avoided either by the use of less-lethal force or by fact checking on the warrant."

This answer also leads me to believe they knew the dog could behave this way.

Opie was a three-year-old American Bulldog and Pit Bull mix.
    Good riddance, I say. Better this than have another child's face lacerated or another family dog having the head torn off.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Nobody cares about infractions. It's why everyone has multiple accounts. It's a gigantic joke everywhere that I don't think the admins have realized.
    It wouldn't be as bad if posting required e-mail confirmation. As it is I could sign up with any rando valid e-mail that isn't mine and start posting right away.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haawken View Post
    "The Malones believe the death of their dog could have been avoided either by the use of less-lethal force or by fact checking on the warrant."

Congratulations. You may be qualified to be a police officer on Oklahoma.

Gee I wonder what this thread will devolve into. Surely, we can only assume that all police officers are evil, only to not suggest any sort of reasonable resolution to the problem of all cops being evil. But we will post every single news story about any police officer that does anything wrong, and then throw out more one-liners about how the police are just irresponsible and dangerous, without realizing that the supermassive majority of what they do aids the community and they save numerous more lives than they end.

But it's ok as long as you have an anti-cop agenda to push. Because racism and stuff.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Good riddance, I say. Better this than have another child's face lacerated or another family dog having the head torn off.
    I doubt the dog was that dangerous if it was in the same yard as a bunch of 5-year-olds attending a birthday party...apparently the 5-year-olds were less scared of the dog than the cop was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Gee I wonder what this thread will devolve into. Surely, we can only assume that all police officers are evil, only to not suggest any sort of reasonable resolution to the problem of all cops being evil. But we will post every single news story about any police officer that does anything wrong, and then throw out more one-liners about how the police are just irresponsible and dangerous, without realizing that the supermassive majority of what they do aids the community and they save numerous more lives than they end.

But it's ok as long as you have an anti-cop agenda to push. Because racism and stuff.
    Yes I clearly have an anti-cop agenda based on all of my anti-cop threads.

Some cops do shitty things and they should be called out on it, that doesn't mean that all cops are bad.

Yes I clearly have an anti-cop agenda based on all of my anti-cop threads.

Some cops do shitty things and they should be called out on it, that doesn't mean that all cops are bad.
    Then what is the point of these threads? You either want to just point out that some cops make mistakes, to fuel the anti-cop agendas that you know exists, even if you claim to not have one, or you want to discuss whether the officer was right or wrong in this regard even though you make it blatantly obvious from your first post that you think it is messed up? Seriously, why are there just so many threads involving police officers when there are so many more terrible crimes that take place in this country that don't merely involve shooting a dog?

In reality the super massive majority of police officers do a great job, and significant accidents and cases of actual police brutality are very rare. However, ever since all of these so called 'racism' accusations where officers are killing black criminals who are resisting arrest and trying to kill the officers themselves, these threads have become very common. Before then I almost never saw a thread about something a cop did. Even gotta dip into the bottom of the barrel, like for this thread: "Omg a cop shot a dog!" as if it should be newsworthy or something. Of course there are tons of people who just want to take whatever chance they can get to fling mud at police officers, to think otherwise would be naive.

As seen in the post below.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-07-23 at 06:13 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

i wonder what the cops are afraid of that causes them to be so trigger happy

nah it must be because theyre lunatic thugs hired by the state to terrorize the masses into submission

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there is video from this, we are just gonna have to take the cops word on it. A pit bull can be extremely dangerous, especially when defending his grounds.

I have two basset hounds that will charge you if you enter their yard and they dont know you, because its THEIR YARD and THEIR FAMILY.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    i wonder what the cops are afraid of that causes them to be so trigger happy

nah it must be because theyre lunatic thugs hired by the state to terrorize the masses into submission
    bwahahaha.. no

This is what you get for 30k a year. If you want cops to stop acting stupid, pay them something that someone smart would work for.

Video or not you can't assume one way or another, but the article does mention the cop was doing some pretty shady stuff. The cop could easily have come to the property like many others do, with a knock on the door, not checking around a fence, then he needed to go back to his car to grab a weapon to bring a dog down that had already been shot. This guy clearly needed more training if he is willing to grab a rifle and fire into a property that is having a birthday party going on for children.

Even without a video a lot of what is going on here doesn't make sense as to why the guy did this. I know cops deal with a metric ton of shit, especially lately, but there was clearly something wrong here. He may or may not be a "bad cop" but on this particular case he performed poorly on multiple accounts.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There really needs to be a test to root out trigger happy police officers. Some kind of marksmanship training perhaps? It seems most American cops are unable to hold themselves back these days.