Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is a good change to be honest. It is much better for pugs and now people don’t have to worry about the loot rules, be it for pets, mounts, and/or gear. The only players that will be displeased are either the ninja-looters or the players who reserve gear for themselves. The latter was a good incentive for players to make their own group and there was nothing wrong with that. You put effort into making a decent pug group, you should get something for it...but ninja-looters destroyed that possibility. Some raid-leaders didn’t even answer when you asked for loot rules...that’s just unfair. I’d say people abused ML too much and this is the end result. No more ninja-looters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I did have an argument. Personal Loot is frustrating and a tease when you get loads of items you don't need. Maybe learn to read...
    Let me explain this to you since you dont seem to know.

Saying:
    "I dont like this, its frustrating and a tease."

Is not an argument. Its a postulation without an argument.

Now adding "when you get loads of items you dont need" is when it becomes an argument. Which you didnt do in your other post btw.

Anyway the great thing now is that all those items you dont need can be traded to friends, and vice versa.

My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Are you implying you somehow touched me over the interwebz?
    Yeah sure. On a serious note you seem to have some sort of loot ptsd so I supposed somebody must have touched you in a bad spot. But well rejoice now is the time to heal for disenfranchised randomplebs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yeah sure. On a serious note you seem to have some sort of loot ptsd so I supposed somebody must have touched you in a bad spot.
    How is that exactly? :P Because i am happy with the new change?

Would you care to explain how someone touching me in a bad spot gave me what you describe as "loot ptsd"?

Also how is continuing the exact same path "on a serious note" ?

The amount of salt people have for this is just amazing.

Happy with the change and for those who isn't I just got one thing to say.....

Go unsub and show blizzard how you feel
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Would you care to explain how someone touching me in a bad spot gave me what you describe as "loot ptsd"?
    I wouldn't know why anyone would be that happy with something that didn't make a difference to him since he was always free to chose a different group so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Happy with the change
    Who would have thought that - the incapable are happy again

Who would have thought that - the incapable are happy again
    Feed me more salt, its just too good.

Sorry that you can't ninja people's loot anymore. Maybe this isn't the MMO for you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    I wouldn't know why anyone would be that happy with something that didn't make a difference to him since he was always free to chose a different group so.
    Well i'l explain then.

back in my pugging days i often found myself joining a pug. In the middle of the raid the raid leader starts taking items saying he reserved them and that he whispered people beforehand.

Apparently just not me

This coupled with the fact that i dont have to find other groups now because its no longer possible to reserve items, saves me time and the frustration over being loot saved to a boss from a greedy ML.

Overall its quite good for me.

Also i used to really like setting up pugs but i just got burned out on that.

Sorry that you can't ninja people's loot anymore.
    I certainly didn't ninja loot nor do I do content where I might have contact with random terribads aside from the occasional usually female friend begging for rescuing their shitty pug so thanks for the worry but not necessary. I know you can't have people getting something for actually doing more - that would be preposterous for all those jelly plebs.
    Well i'l explain then.
    Make certain the loot rules are stated openly beforehand. I know quite hard again.

Deleted
    I certainly didn't ninja loot nor do I do content where I might have contact with random terribads aside from the occasional usually female friend begging for rescuing their shitty pug so thanks for the worry but not necessary. I know you can't have people getting something for actually doing more - that would be preposterous for all those jelly plebs.
    Does this mean i would get extra loot for doing the most dps in your pugs aswell?

Dont get me wrong. Back when i used to lead pugs and we used ML i often found myself regretting giving some people loot.

But thats just how the game is. If you really feel that hardcore about it then maybe pugging is just to softcore for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    I could say the same about you, if you don't like masterloot, join a personal loot group, make your own or GFTO. Do you see how retarded that comment is?
    The comment he made is spot on. When the vast majority of pugs were ML, there was a reason. Ninja looting being the main reason. A GM told me a while back that a change was coming to stop all the ninja'ing and reserve BS being done due to ML in pugs, and now we see how iot has been handled. Kudos to Blizz for doing it right this time.

Does this mean i would get extra loot for doing the most dps in your pugs aswell?
    I wouldn't mind that at all if it was significant enough although I strongly doubt that in your case. I wouldn't mind giving someone who carried hard an extra piece.

Then you are fine and this change doesn't effect you.

But the amount of salt your spewing really says different. Maybe you should unsub and show blizzard how mad you are.

I, for one, agree with the op and will not be pugging unless they revert the change. I have tried to like PL, I really have, but the fact remains that rng hates me and I have NEVER gotten and upgrade using it.

I used group finder to pug almost all of hm, bed, and quite a bit of hfc, never saw a ninja. Hate this change as it removes my will to raid on days my guild isn't

First of no I don't ninja, but I do reserve 1 item that i need for a 4set bonus etc if I have to spend time babysitting the likes of you in a raid because you are to fucking lazy to make your own raid, you rather just join in and have everything handed to you.

This is a big loss for you aswell, you will see a big drop in raid being made later on in the expansion, people will not spend the time and effort it takes to make a group with personal loot, especially if they only need 1 item from that raid
    Reserving items is ninja looting. You just say so at the beginning and is pretty douchey. I make my own raids when I PUG and I make them all PL. I never have to deal with retards who think that ML gives then the right to steal loot from the rest of the raid. It's almost as bad is throwing a tantrum on the internet with an "I QUIT" thread and then arguing with randoms about a game you don't even play anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind that at all if it was significant enough although I strongly doubt that in your case. I wouldn't mind giving someone who carried hard an extra piece.
    You really roll with the personal punches huh? :

"This guy who disagrees with me certainly has to be bad at wow lulz"

Think i'm done trying to play nice with you :P

Then you are fine and this change doesn't effect you.
    I know that's probably a foreign concept as well for you since you are currently progressing tanaan solo as always but I am aware how annoying leadership is and I don't mind those players dealing with it picking up something a little extra.
    You really roll with the personal punches huh?
    Yeah because your first quote was so constructive The irony.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-23 at 12:04 PM.

I comepletely agree with you here, there have been options for people who didn't like masterloot. So instead of leaving it, blizzard decided to "fix" something that wasn't broken, and by that they made the game worse for the playerbase who played for MANY year and love the idea of actually seeing the loot at the corpse. #Gamefantasy
    No, there were really no options when nearly every group is ML, "reserved, etc. Regardless of your belief, it was indeed a broken system. Blizzard knows how many complaints and reports they had regarding ninja looting, and fixed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    still possible for me as unholy id prefer a masteyr haste piece over a crit/versa one for example even with lower ilvl on first piece. and you forget trinket/tier

- - - Updated - - -

reserving items is totaly legal , is same as a leader could forbit all mages and druids to join. If its stated in description and/or leader says it in chat then people know they have no chance to get a reserved item if they dont like it theyre Always free to leave.
    just because it's legal doesn't mean that it's not a douche bag move
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I, for one, agree with the op and will not be pugging unless they revert the change. I have tried to like PL, I really have, but the fact remains that rng hates me and I have NEVER gotten and upgrade using it.

I used group finder to pug almost all of hm, bed, and quite a bit of hfc, never saw a ninja. Hate this change as it removes my will to raid on days my guild isn't
    Well there is always the oppertunity to setup some alt runs withing the guild and only bring pugs enough to still use the ML function?

If you are actually in a raiding guild that isnt providing the amount of raiding you need then maybe thats the core of the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    just because it's legal doesn't mean that it's not a douche bag move
    The funny thing is this change proves that blizzard doesnt like it

Basicly making it non-legal