Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

My experience as elemental in BGs in a nutshell

Kinda boils down to this. Anyone else wants to share theirs?

*thunderstorm a rogue*
    *teleports back*
    *frost shock to slow him*
    *teleports to me*
    *gust of wind*
    *teleports to me*
    *jump off a cliff and glide*
    *teleports to me*
    *hearthstone to Binan Village*
    *teleports to me*

Deleted
    My favorite part is when you finally manage to get away for once and they shoot you in the face from 20 yards away, stunning you for 5 seconds and if they get lucky critting you quite high in the process. The worst is, I've seen both sides of the equation. Imagine all the pain and suffering, now turn it on it's head into joy and glee. Now you get the rogue experience.

Enhance shamans have it worse, if we get chain rooted / slowed we literally can't do anything. At least you can do something.

It blows my mind how out of touch Blizzard is with their own PvP.

You give rogues all the mobility in the world, baseline., but Shamans get a little wind fart at the cost of a huge group utility CD.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Friskyrum View Post
    Enhance shamans have it worse, if we get chain rooted / slowed we literally can't do anything. At least you can do something.
    Feral lunge into a frostbrand into fury of air. Could frostbrand first, either way. If someone somehow gets a way like a mage, earthgrab totem or decent placement of lightning surge totem.

FoA is a perma slow somewhat like WG from a DK so if you can get to someone which you should have no problem doing with feral lunge, you can keep them in that along with frostbrand.

Then when we get honor talents, Feral lunge into FoA into frostbrand into Static Cling. It feels so fantastic.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-23 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Feral lunge into a frostbrand into fury of air. Could frostbrand first, either way. If someone somehow gets a way like a mage, earthgrab totem or decent placement of lightning surge totem.

FoA is a perma slow somewhat like WG from a DK so if you can get to someone which you should have no problem doing with feral lunge, you can keep them in that along with frostbrand.

Then when we get honor talents, Feral lunge into FoA into frostbrand into Static Cling. It feels so fantastic.
    What good does slow do when people just fly away/teleport away from it and cleanse any debuff on themselves, and we got the gap closer on cooldown and we're out of maelstrom and out of range.

The survivability is crap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    What good does slow do when people just fly away/teleport away from it and cleanse any debuff on themselves, and we got the gap closer on cooldown and we're out of maelstrom and out of range.

The survivability is crap too.
    Agreed with the survivability. Healing surge heals for absolutely nothing right now. I wish AG was usable while stunned, or it had a baseline heal attached to it which the artifact gives. Im not sure if having Shamanistic rage along with AG and Healing surge is too much since our artifact buffs both AG and healing surge by a decent amount, but Id love it back.

As for maelstrom, why would you ever be out of it in a bg? Out of the 23 BGs ive done since pre patch I havent ever found myself in a situation where I had my gap closer on CD, was out of maelstrom and out of range. If you have rockbiter like you should, its really hard to be out of maelstrom in a BG, or arena, or really anywhere. Having either earthgrab or lighting surge allows you to catch up to most people that blink away. so you can regen your MS.

As I said though, if a mage teleports, use earthgrab. If you know how to work with Lightning surge then use that since itll stun them for 5 seconds. Both work well for blinks and everything like it. As for frostbrand, sure its cleansable but I dont know many classes that can cleanse themselves without being a healer, so that wont happen often in BGs. This is only my experience in BGs, same goes for arenas on the beta except its way better over there because of honor talents. We probably play differently and have different builds, so things might be going different for you.

I dont really have a problem catching people. Lightning surge, feral lunge, frostbrand, and fury of air all help in that regard. Not being able to go below 100% speed in ghost wolf is also really nice in certain situations.

OT- I suck at casters so Im bad with almost all of them in pvp. It does feel really bad being kited by melee and not really being able to do anything. Its nice to have icefury and instant frost shocks doing a decent amount of damage though, but thats about all I can say.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-23 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Agreed with the survivability. Healing surge heals for absolutely nothing right now. I wish AG was usable while stunned, or it had a baseline heal attached to it which the artifact gives. Im not sure if having Shamanistic rage along with AG and Healing surge is too much since our artifact buffs both AG and healing surge by a decent amount, but Id love it back.

As for maelstrom, why would you ever be out of it in a bg? Out of the 23 BGs ive done since pre patch I havent ever found myself in a situation where I had my gap closer on CD, was out of maelstrom and out of range. If you have rockbiter like you should, its really hard to be out of maelstrom in a BG, or arena, or really anywhere. Having either earthgrab or lighting surge allows you to catch up to most people that blink away. so you can regen your MS.

As I said though, if a mage teleports, use earthgrab. If you know how to work with Lightning surge then use that since itll stun them for 5 seconds. Both work well for blinks and everything like it. As for frostbrand, sure its cleansable but I dont know many classes that can cleanse themselves without being a healer, so that wont happen often in BGs. This is only my experience in BGs, same goes for arenas on the beta except its way better over there because of honor talents. We probably play differently and have different builds, so things might be going different for you.

I dont really have a problem catching people. Lightning surge, feral lunge, frostbrand, and fury of air all help in that regard. Not being able to go below 100% speed in ghost wolf is also really nice in certain situations.

OT- I suck at casters so Im bad with almost all of them in pvp. It does feel really bad being kited by melee and not really being able to do anything. Its nice to have icefury and instant frost shocks doing a decent amount of damage though, but thats about all I can say.
    I talent for Windsong, Feral Lunge, Earthgrab, Hailstorm, Overcharge, Fury of Air and Ascendance in PvP.

It works, but... the horrible survivability is taking its toll on me for sure. Blizzard should just increase the numbers on Healing Surge, for now, and then bring it back down in Legion when we get artifact and PvP talents.

Just a stronger heal would make it so much more enjoyable, and bearable.

Even rogues heal themselves for far, far more than I do as a hybrid class. They heal themselves more and deal so much more damage, got so much utility, and stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I talent for Windsong, Feral Lunge, Earthgrab, Hailstorm, Overcharge, Fury of Air and Ascendance in PvP.

It works, but... the horrible survivability is taking its toll on me for sure. Blizzard should just increase the numbers on Healing Surge, for now, and then bring it back down in Legion when we get artifact and PvP talents.

Just a stronger heal would make it so much more enjoyable, and bearable.

Even rogues heal themselves for far, far more than I do as a hybrid class. They heal themselves more and deal so much more damage, got so much utility, and stuns.
    You have no argument from me in terms of survivability. We could easily use a bump on HS for the moment. I have the same build except you take ascendance and I take Earthen Spike due to the short CD and the nice 10% increase in damage over 10 seconds. Lines up nice with Windsong and all of your other CDs.

In my opinion we're good in every other aspect so far. I don't have trouble catching anyone, don't have trouble killing people. I do have trouble in certain situations, surviving. That's only in BGs though. In arena I easily survive with instant surges (they heal for a decent amount with the artifact perk) as well as AG. It works fine for me there, but in arenas you also have a dedicated team and pocket healer, so it's a bit different and that's also on the beta. Either way, it does feel better on the beta.

If we're talking specifically about pre patch, we could definitely use more healing, no doubt about it. It does get better on the beta though, and we can kite and heal up to full fast with instant surges. Not sure about BGs since I only did arena though.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-23 at 11:45 PM.

Ele is trash in pvp and always has been. Not sure why anybody thought that was going to change.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

My lava bursts hit like nothing. It's a joke. Can't kill anything. Flameshocking everything is fun tho.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    While I agree with everything here, I still can't help but laugh a bit, whenever I get stunned midair after using Gust of Wind, mostly because it's a perfect image of just how terrible elemental is in PvP (not that PvE is that much better...).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Ele is great.... in BG yesterday went 1 on 1 with a Demo lock who was already on 70% or so HP. Hit FS (absorb) popped Ascendance started flinging LvB at him, the last LvB I shot at him before I died still said absorb and he walked off still at 70% hp.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Ele is great.... in BG yesterday went 1 on 1 with a Demo lock who was already on 70% or so HP. Hit FS (absorb) popped Ascendance started flinging LvB at him, the last LvB I shot at him before I died still said absorb and he walked off still at 70% hp.
    Not necessarily a Shaman thing. Warlocks are just gods at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Ele is trash in pvp and always has been. Not sure why anybody thought that was going to change.
    Actually it felt a lot better to me compared to wod, shocks without a cooldown help a lot, I love Gust of Wind in pvp, it help a lot. And I feel a lot more mobile than before in elemental spec.

And about rogues, I feel the opposite, feel more restricted now. No spammable sprint, shame they removed that. And shadowstep, come on, it's on a 30s cd, it's not a permanent teleport.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    Not necessarily a Shaman thing. Warlocks are just gods.
    Fixed that for ya, although I remember when I started this game (on day 1 of it being live) and how awful locks were at that time...my how times changed, and quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Late Wrath and/or MoP-era elementals would say otherwise. But as a general rule of thumb, yes, you're (mostly) right.

I have a warlock and warlock atm are gods because of the self heal that its tuned for level 110 where ppl have millions of HP.

Nevertheless Elementals are just tuned for being the cannon fooder(not to be mistaken by glass cannnon), I think blizzaard is trying to recreate the MOP elemental shaman playstile huge damage when left alone and the zero when trained, but I think that playstile doesnt work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I have a warlock and warlock atm are gods because of the self heal that its tuned for level 110 where ppl have millions of HP.

Nevertheless Elementals are just tuned for being the cannon fooder(not to be mistaken by glass cannnon), I think blizzaard is trying to recreate the MOP elemental shaman playstile huge damage when left alone and the zero when trained, but I think that playstile doesnt work anymore.
    At least at that time, ele had the now-blasphemous castable-while-moving Lightning Bolt so they could at least try and get away while fighting back. But to suggest a return to that within the walls of Blizzard HQ would likely result in the suggestor being thrown out of a window.

Deleted
    Kazela, well that followed by giving it to mages for Scorch. Because, reasons.