Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    4 of my friends that are Bernie supporters text me after the speech and said they were very surprised and are going to vote for him now. So I think you got a mixed message. Note that these people were die hard Bernie supporters and hated Trump.
    I don't think your friends are die hard Sanders supporters if they're going to tear down everything Sanders stands for.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Cutting off the nose to spite the face is... well, short-sighted. A Trump presidency will never benefit them.

I'm secure in Hillary Clinton's ability to be a better president than Trump.

But I never underestimate the stupidity of people in large numbers. We ended up with Bush as a president twice. Hell, having Trump as the republican nominee should inform you of that right now.
    I didn't say that's t how I felt, but when something fails over and over I think the country becomes desensitized. Just like with the shootings. Regardless, I realize who you're giving your support too. I think most rational minds realize she is the better choice, but is better than trump good? That's like comparing oneself to the lowest common denominator when it comes to politics. Her flip flopping has been an issue for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't think your friends are die hard Sanders supporters if they're going to tear down everything Sanders stands for.
    Yea, I don't get that either. Makes zero sense, and maybe those people didn't like Bernie because of any good reason, but just because he was popular.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Someone should inform him that 24 minutes out of 75 is 32%. It comes out to an even number and everything.

Edit: Nobody panic. I took care of it. #makestatisticsgreatagain
    Well that is good. Because for some reason he doesn't take my calls.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    4 of my friends that are Bernie supporters text me after the speech and said they were very surprised and are going to vote for him now. So I think you got a mixed message. Note that these people were die hard Bernie supporters and hated Trump.
    4 of my friends that are Trump supporters text me after the speech and said they were very surprised and no way in hell will they vote for him now. Note that these people were die hard Trump supporters and hated everyone but Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I ain't perfect and Sanders isn't the boss of me. I'm exactly the kind of stupid lower class peasant that DWS hates. I'm also a vindictive asshole though and I feel cheated, so at this point I'd rather set the DNC on fire than compromise with those sick fucks. Call me a moron or a hypocrite if you wish; that's far less dickish than what the DNC has done to me.
    Dude, eat a Snikers bar.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    As a paid Obama shill, my services were picked up by the HRC campaign and since she is paying Trump to run against her and lose, we all have access to the Trumpphone.
    Sweet. Can you let him know we are still waiting for his tax returns. Thanks much.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Your friends are incredibly stupid if they think an hour and fifteen minutes of fear mongering and empty promises that sound like they came from a small child are a good reason to vote for someone.
    Or they were corn seed planted in the soil they like.

I ain't perfect and Sanders isn't the boss of me. I'm exactly the kind of stupid lower class peasant that DWS hates. I'm also a vindictive asshole though and I feel cheated, so at this point I'd rather set the DNC on fire than compromise with those sick fucks. Call me a moron or a hypocrite if you wish; that's far less dickish than what the DNC has done to me.
    Please don't vote for anything ever.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I didn't say that's t how I felt, but when something fails over and over I think the country becomes desensitized. Just like with the shootings. Regardless, I realize who you're giving your support too. I think most rational minds realize she is the better choice, but is better than trump good? That's like comparing oneself to the lowest common denominator when it comes to politics. Her flip flopping has been an issue for me.
    In short, if I were forced to choose between eating brusslesprouts and dog shit, I'll choose brusselsprouts, even if I don't like them very much.

You can say hillary Clinton flip-flops... but Donald Trump has basically done a 180 on every possible political talking point to ingratiate himself to the angry conservative base.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's the inherit flaw of democracy. Should be pretty clear no? Not advocating any other form of gov, just saying.

In short, if I were forced to choose between eating brusslesprouts and dog shit, I'll choose brusselsprouts, even if I don't like them very much.

You can say hillary Clinton flip-flops... but Donald Trump has basically done a 180 on every possible political talking point to ingratiate himself to the angry conservative base.
    Dude, I agree with you, I just don't think she's remotely close to great. She's like a C grade in my book. Barely passing by the skin of her teeth kind of thing. I hope for our sakes she knows what she's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It's the inherit flaw of democracy. Should be pretty clear no? Not advocating any other form of gov, just saying.
    Maybe people were just more mature after we went through world wars and dealt with the consequences of ideology run wild and such, or maybe its like when you are at a job for a while you don't really learn more you just realize other people know way less than you assumed and I'm just getting older, but our society seems like such short-sighted children these days.

Someone should inform him that 24 minutes out of 75 is 32%. It comes out to an even number and everything.

Edit: Nobody panic. I took care of it. #makestatisticsgreatagain
    What if, say, his actual speech is 74 minutes and 35 secs (4475 secs in total) which rounds to 75 minutes and the total applause time is 24 minutes and 20 secs (1460 secs in total) which rounds to 24 minutes, that is a 32.626% which rounds to 33%. Learn some math next time before you post so you dont look foolish please.

10+ Year Old Account
    This metaphor is asinine. This is not simply a matter of personal preference on policy and values. This is an issue of people finding vapid oral trash persuasive when nobody, regardless of policy and value preferences should be persuaded by such tripe.
    Na. There happens to be a lot of people who do not think like you. Such as myself. But I will not stoop so low and childish as to say you are stupid because you do. ")

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

It's not childish. It's true. As I keep saying, this is not about differing values and policy preferences. This is about people buying into 75 minutes of *loud noises* from a candidate who spends exactly 0 time giving anyone any idea of how he plans to accomplish anything, instead just saying he's going to fix it all with a twitch of his nose. This should not appeal to anyone in the absence of actual detailed arguments and plans, regardless of who the candidate is or where they fall on the political spectrum or what party they belong to.
    In your mind. And such thinking that those who choose to think differently than you do are stupid, is dangerous.

Then his staff should learn how to properly use significant digits.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not childish. It's true. As I keep saying, this is not about differing values and policy preferences. This is about people buying into 75 minutes of *loud noises* from a candidate who spends exactly 0 time giving anyone any idea of how he plans to accomplish anything, instead just saying he's going to fix it all with a twitch of his nose. This should not appeal to anyone in the absence of actual detailed arguments and plans, regardless of who the candidate is or where they fall on the political spectrum or what party they belong to.
    His staff or you? Hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    In your mind. And such thinking that those who choose to think differently than you do are stupid, is dangerous.
    If you're voting for Trump? I'd estimate you've a significantly higher than average chance you're below average intelligence.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    So you are saying the analysis that has been done on this situation is wrong? That the very words from Bernie Supporters are lies?

Who is believing in an alternate reality here?
    If its the same ones who said Trump couldn't win the nomination...........then yes they haven't guessed right this year.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

So then they're okay with Trump winning.

Ergo, they never supported Bernie Sanders.

In a two party system, not voting for one is effectively voting for the other. And Bernie Sanders supporters should be more keen on keeping Trump out of the white house if they truly hold Bernie's political beliefs at heart, as Trump will set about both actively tearing them down and causing them to crumble through his general ineptitude.

I've seen no admonishment leveled at Hillary Clinton that couldn't equally be applied to Trump. So if you cut through all the mud-slinging bullshit and get down to policy, Hillary Clinton's policies are more pursuant to a basic functioning government than Trump's, let alone an actual liberal/progressive government.
    It's possible to care about more than one thing at a time, just so you know. I care about Bernie's policies and I do support Sanders. Or I did rather, he lost so there's nothing really left to support... I voted for him, I convinced my whole family and many of my friends to vote for him, I donated to his campaign, I did my fucking best to do my part. So you can go fuck yourself with your dismissive, "lawl you never really supported him" shit.

Reading through the DNC's emails though, (NOT HILLARY'S EMAILS FOR ANYONE THAT DOESN'T GET THAT) and seeing the open disdain they have for Sanders and his supporters, the blatant manipulation, bribing superdelegates, telling MSNBC and CNN exactly what kind of narrative they want to spin to get Clinton elected. It's too fucking much. I can't support that. I'm pissed off. I'm so fucking angry that my desire to see these sick fucks hang or at least not get their way has come to outweigh my desire to see Bernie's policies given a platform. I'm just a dirty peasant to these people, but they can count on my vote because look at how bad Donald Trump is. No. Fuck that and fuck them. There's always a choice even if that choice is shit, and I'd rather do the wrong thing than let them win.

And just so we're clear, I would vote for worse than Trump if it means the DNC loses. I would literally vote for Zombie Fucking Hitler at this point if that guaranteed that they lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Too fucking bad. I voted for Sanders in the primary, and I will vote for Trump in the general unless a better alternative to Hillary magically coalesces out of the ether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Dude, eat a Snikers bar.
    Thanks but I'm not hungry. Just angry and depressed.

It's possible to care about more than one thing at a time, just so you know. I care about Bernie's policies and I do support Sanders. Or I did rather, he lost so there's nothing really left to support... I voted for him, I convinced my whole family and many of my friends to vote for him, I donated to his campaign, I did my fucking best to do my part. So you can go fuck yourself with your dismissive, "lawl you never really supported him" shit.

Reading through the DNC's emails though, (NOT HILLARY'S EMAILS FOR ANYONE THAT DOESN'T GET THAT) and seeing the open disdain they have for Sanders and his supporters, the blatant manipulation, bribing superdelegates, telling MSNBC and CNN exactly what kind of narrative they want to spin to get Clinton elected. It's too fucking much. I can't support that. I'm pissed off. I'm so fucking angry that my desire to see these sick fucks hang or at least not get their way has come to outweigh my desire to see Bernie's policies given a platform. I'm a just a dirty peasant to these people, but they can count on my vote because look at how bad Donald Trump is. No. Fuck that and fuck them. There's always a choice even if that choice is shit, and I'd rather do the wrong thing than let them win.

And just so we're clear, I would vote for worse than Trump if it means the DNC loses. I would literally vote for Zombie Fucking Hitler at this point if that guaranteed that they lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Too fucking bad. I voted for Sanders in the primary, and I will vote for Trump in the general unless a better alternative to Hillary magically coalesces out of the ether.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but I'm not hungry. Just angry and depressed.
    Also please get some therapy for your rage issues.