Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Plus side to this I guess is by shaming men we slowly bring back the moral character of waiting till marriage for sex.

Who knows long game maybe this will be a real blow to degeneracy.
    Or making them sign contracts for sex.

Also this is a pretty low blow for justice. Now any scorned former gf/bf can cry rape, have absolutly no proof and get thier ex thrown in prison and ruin thier lives. Sorry but lack of proof should NEVER lead to a conviction.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-07-24 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Society defers to him. That's why he's the judge. That's why there isn't much uproar and why the case is being largely praised. Why there isn't an appeal.
    So you are absolutely certain that the defendant isn't going to appeal? If you say yes, then I am going to ask you to explain how you know this.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Well, thankfully it's not here in the US but we have our extreme judges too. Hopefully there's an appeal. I don't know whether this guy is right or wrong but there's no evidence to say either way. This is legit sad to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I thought this was in America at first. I thought it was finally happening. If things keep going this way, sexbots can't get here fast enough. But I think alot of this lawlessness is going to be stepped back in the coming years.
    It's another case that non college educated women are the way to go. Seriously, college girls are fucking crazy especially if they are in the Arts or Humanities. (To be fair the men in the arts and humanities are pretty crazy too.) Decent, hard working girls are the way to go. (And no I don't mean hookers. lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...ldoll-sex-toys

I can see their new marketing slogan... Our girls wont accuse you of rape.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you are absolutely certain that the defendant isn't going to appeal? If you say yes, then I am going to ask you to explain how you know this.
    Nah. Once again he's just showing how little he knows of how the world really works.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...ldoll-sex-toys

I can see their new marketing slogan... Our girls wont accuse you of rape.
    Haha. But seriously, the only two downsides of those are the cost and that they can't call 911 if you have a heart attack. And the former is easily offset if save what you would have spent on dates, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    and this is the point: sans recording it on camera or having sex in front of other people, there is NOT going to be any evidence of rape UNLESS the person being raped fights back and lives to show everyone the results

i was raped at gunpoint after being kidnapped - after I escaped, there was no evidence that it was rape or kidnapping because i did not fight back for fear of being shot and no one was around to witness it - so, in YOUR jury, this rapist goes free to do this again and again, even if i tell YOUR jury they did this

when it happened to me, i went to the police the same night i escaped - they took me to the hospital and they checked my chacha for whatever they checked for back then, (i was 17 at the time, i am now 44), and then basically told me if it did occur it was my fault anyway since i was drinking and got into their car for a ride home, my parents agreed and that was all that was ever done by others about what happened to me
    They look up your chacha to see if there was penetration/semen/hair which can be used as evidence. Yet let me say this...im sorry that happened to you...but he said she said is not a good thing to prosecute someone over no matter what the supposed crime is.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...pants&src=typd

Why do you think there is so much talk of her giving rape survivors hope?
    Because they were actually raped while there will be tons of people who will use this to get back at an ex.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want innocent people in prison? is that your goal?
    No his goal is just to make these threads and argue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    They look up your chacha to see if there was penetration/semen/hair which can be used as evidence. Yet let me say this...im sorry that happened to you...but he said she said is not a good thing to prosecute someone over no matter what the supposed crime is.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they were actually raped while there will be tons of people who will use this to get back at an ex.

- - - Updated - - -

No his goal is just to make these threads and argue.
    Tons of people? You really think lowly of society and more specifically women eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tons of people? You really think lowly of society and more specifically women eh?
    Naw, I think lowly of people that bastardize our legal system for political game, I think lowly of those that applaud that bastardization, I think lowly of liars, and those that enable and protect them.

So, if someone accused you of rape, you'd be 100% fine having this judge oversee your case? And if he finds you guilty, you wouldn't argue or appeal it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Or making them sign contracts for sex.

Also this is a pretty low blow for justice. Now any scorned former gf/bf can cry rape, have absolutly no proof and get thier ex thrown in prison and ruin thier lives. Sorry but lack of proof should NEVER lead to a conviction.
    Fixed that for you. Silly Zeta, thinking the courts would ever take a man's side in such a case...

Seriously though, this shit is basically a ye olde witch trial. Guilty until.....well, they won't even try and let you prove your innocence. I'd be feeling pretty fucking ashamed to be Canadian right now, if I was one.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2016-07-24 at 08:20 AM.

Society defers to him. That's why he's the judge. That's why there isn't much uproar and why the case is being largely praised. Why there isn't an appeal.
    This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard. Society, who probably has never even heard of this judge until now, praising the judge? For what? He didn't make the right decision, he made a stupid decision, based off his opinion, and it sounds utterly biased. He said what he believed, not what he knew. There should be an appeal, and honestly if I lived in this place I'd probably protest this decision. You must be mad to make a decision like the one the judge did. Praising him would be a waste of time, but the only thing you see if "justice", but that ain't justice.

I do think lowly of society and the fact that this case sets a tone for other crimes besides rape which includes both male and female victims/wolf criers.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Incompetent judge. Get rid of him.
    Basically - this. I don't know the ins and outs of the case, but at face value - it's a bad, bad verdict.

I'd sue the lawyer for malpractice if he doesn't appeal. This is a sure thing. The appeal cannot possibly fail.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'd sue the lawyer for malpractice if he doesn't appeal. This is a sure thing. The appeal cannot possibly fail.
    Then why isn't anyone doing so? Nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't granted bail.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/canada/...l-assault.html

TORONTO — The Toronto man convicted in a high-profile sexual assault case is going to jail after a judge revoked his bail.

Mustafa Ururyar was found guilty last Thursday of sexually assaulting fellow York University PhD student Mandi Gray, with whom he was having a casual relationship.

On Monday, Justice Marvin Zuker revoked Ururyar's bail — he would have otherwise been in the community until his sentencing hearing, which is scheduled for this fall.

Ururyar's attorney Lisa Bristow says she is appealing the revocation, but declined to comment further on the case.

Ururyar sexually assaulted Gray at his apartment in the early hours of Jan. 31, 2015.

After a night out with mutual friends, he forced Gray to perform oral sex and then raped her, Gray testified.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Canada, you done fucked it up.

So let me get this straight: from now on, no evidence or proof of rape is required? All that is required is the accusation of the victim? As in, the accusation IS the evidence? This is a mockery of the very concept of justice.
    You say that as if this is somehow abnormal. It's like this in the U.S. In Europe.

Take for example Brian Banks who was falsely accused of sexual assault and got five years in jail after being told if he pleaded guilty he'd get probation- only when his lawyer videotaped the accuser years later that she wanted to help clear his name (she felt bad) was he cleared.

Or Jon Montgomery who was convicted of rape after a seventeen year old claimed he had molested her when she was 10 years old- years later she admitted she made it all up to explain why she was looking at "sex stories" on the internet.

The Judge ruled:
    Mr. Montgomery, at this point in his life, may be the nicest person you ever want to meet. But sometimes at younger ages, and even old, we do stupid things that wasn’t intended at the time and that’s what I think happened in this case.

I think the defendant is guilty and I find him guilty as charged.
    Purely "he said she said" stuff.

Most cases of rape are like this.

The reason this case is abnormal though, is that the accused, Mustafa Ururyar, based his entire defense on attacking Mandi Gray's character. He argued that he didn't rape her because she didn't appear traumatized.

THAT was his defense. In other words:

Gray: Ururyar raped me. He got me drunk, verbally abused me, broke me down and took advantage even though I said no.
    Ururyar: Please. Look at her judge. Does she look like I raped her? She's not bundled up in clothing, not crying in a corner, not trying to kill herself. She isn't afraid to look me in the eye and testify in court like someone who was raped would be.
    Judge Zucker: Mr. Ururyar, I've actually studied rape victims and you're perpetuating myths. Here's 178 pages why I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Gray is telling the truth and you're full of shit. I'm finding you guilty.

It's the fact that the judge believed Gray, despite her not fitting into the stereotypical victim, and explained why those stereotypes are false that's getting all the media attention.

If you want to know why the Judge was convinced beyond a reasonable doubt on testimony, you're free to read through the 178 pages of his verdict.

It explains it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    And you know this..how?
    By reading articles and following the case

Canada is slowly becoming a dumpster fire.

Evidence? LOL, that's for racists and bigots!

Enjoy getting thrown in jail because you looked at a woman the wrong way and she claims you raped her, you can't fight it, her word means more than yours because she is more important than you....equality!

7+ Year Old Account
    Please do not respond to tennisace threads. There is no point, as the discussion will lead nowhere.