Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ah, I see the same, "Quick Match is serious business" nonsense from HotS made its way here.
    The only issue I have with QM is when it comes down to people mass picking Ana, or people not picking a healer because we have a Symmetra or Ana.

But yeah, otherwise if you want to get good with a certain character, that's what QM is for. Training won't get you anywhere.

QM is for practice.

It's an easy concept to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    It is unranked. People should play what they want.

If you are bad at Genji, I would 1000000000x rather that you practice in unranked (even if you suck, even if they have a good comp against you) than practice in ranked.

While the game should be enjoyable to everyone, perhaps that Genji payer is enjoying getting a chance at playing Genji (since he normally never does), and it shouldn't matter if you win or lose in unranked.

If you want players to pick good comps and have competitive/close games, go queue ranked... even if you are solo.
    Yep, this is what I do.

I don't even bother looking at if we have a healer or a tank in quick because I shout enough times at rank when I notice that nobody is picking a decent healer or tank.

Quick should be for relax play and testing out new things. Tried to learn Genji on it but it does seem that outside of his ulti that he is kind of weak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Tried to learn Genji on it but it does seem that outside of his ulti that he is kind of weak.
    All about getting that combo working bro, keep working at it.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    QM is for practice.

It's an easy concept to understand.
    People suffer ranked anxiety, and will only ever play Quick. You should still play to win regardless of the mode.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    People suffer ranked anxiety, and will only ever play Quick. You should still play to win regardless of the mode.
    Playing for practice doesn't mean you're not playing to win, I'd say there's no point in practicing if you're not playing to win, otherwise how will you get better with the character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    "Different playstyles" don't matter. If you are being ineffective and you know it, you're losing on purpose... which I assume is reportable behavior.
    What if you're trying a new hero, or something new with an old Hero that you've not done before? What if you're being ineffective at your tanking/supporting because the other side have a really good Pharah, or your team are just ignoring even a shit one? What if you're just getting horrendously unlucky and catching every stray bullet from fights half way across the map, or Reinhardts charge that missed someone else? Sometimes you just have a bad game like that.

Mostly though people are trying to win, sometimes they're just going the wrong way about it, other times, the other team just has better players, sometimes they just get lucky. There's no point sweating over the odd game amongst your losses where everyone decides to go Hanzo.

Deleted
    This is a fun game, enjoy it for that! if you want balance go play CS or AA. Haven't had so much fun since Q3, if you want a game of skill, try chess, you sound like the whiners than use to say FFS don't use the BFG in q2, q3, why wouldn't I, it's on the fucking map, and i got there first, eat my aoe !!!! cya, you then get spawn camped with someone with a railgun, we live and learn yeah? lmao
    Last edited by mmoc82018c8e40; 2016-07-24 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure that even the people that suck or are learning new characters try to win.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I am a person that does anything to win. Not only in games. I am the same person in real life, too. I want to be succesful. I work hard for my job (and I worked hard to get that awesome job where I am able to earn a lot of money while having fun), I work hard in games to win.

Does that mean that you, who don't care at all in games, don't care for anything in real life at all, too?
    No. It's pretty good evidence of your self-importance though.

You don't know anything about any of these people. Maybe that horrible Genji is trying to learn the hero. Maybe he stepped out of his competitive queues so that he wouldn't bother the sensibilities of people like you. But instead he had the misfortune of running into you, and now not only is he some horrible player but a terrible person and must be bad at life.

But that's humanity these days, right?

Get over yourself. Nobody owes you anything.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    What a weird point of view. Where else WOULD you learn about a character? Bots? Yeahright..
    Well, you spend 5 minutes in the practice range first to get a feel for what your buttons do. But yeah, AI is not good actual practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Something that I noticed as well is people who bitch about this never seem to play as a team. For example, last night did a few matches and if no one picks a healer sometimes I'll switch to Lucio, as I like playing him. Get into the match and then no one stands by me and then somehow its my fault I cant heal everyone scattered about everyplace. Why even complain then?
    They want a healer, because they want someone to pocket heal them.

What annoys me in respect to healers is when you get a pre-made couple where one picks Mercy, the other usually 76, and they just go around together trying to get medals; don't do anything in respect to the objective, and ignore you when you run in front of them with critical health. Saw it a lot in Comp while I was still solo queuing.

Deleted
    I gonna say it again:

I am not talking about the moment when you want to learn a champ. That's absolutely fine, if you are doing bad....heck, I also have really bad rounds with champs I know how to play, sht happens.

I am simply talking about the situation where your champion gets countered hard. Really hard. In that case you can't learn the champ because there is no way you can play the champ the way he is played. That makes absolutely no sense then. If you can't learn or you can't do anything with a champ even though you know him pretty good simply because you get hard countered, that's completely wierd and I can't understand the idea to stay on the champ for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I gonna say it again:

I am not talking about the moment when you want to learn a champ. That's absolutely fine, if you are doing bad....heck, I also have really bad rounds with champs I know how to play, sht happens.

I am simply talking about the situation where your champion gets countered hard. Really hard. In that case you can't learn the champ because there is no way you can play the champ the way he is played. That makes absolutely no sense then. If you can't learn or you can't do anything with a champ even though you know him pretty good simply because you get hard countered, that's completely wierd and I can't understand the idea to stay on the champ for the game.
    That's fair enough. But that's not usually the reason you lose. Usually the reason you lose is because, as just happened for me through 3 rounds of Anubis; my side wouldn't attack on attack, and wouldnt' defend on defend. Doesn't really matter what anyone is playing at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do like to win, even in QM, now that CM is out, QM is the place to mess around, experiment, learn, etc. Even if you're getting countered hard playing a particular character, there's still a learning experience there if that's what you're after. I've encountered a lot of bossy people in QM lately. "Get off Roadhog! We don't need another tank!" Well, too bad because I want to practice on Roadhog. I use to respond to them but now I just mute. Can't be bothered. CM is that way ---->.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    What a weird point of view. Where else WOULD you learn about a character? Bots? Yeahright..
    Google, that way you don't wind up being the dumbass who asks why they failed to kill a Mccree with two headshots while playing Ana (Yeah, I had someone actually ask that during a match).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    QM is like practice mode but without bots. Even though some players are worse than bots. No way to take it serious, its a good place to test and practice though.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the guy deciding what the "right" comp is is usually the one who is the problem. Had a perfect example last night, the McCree on our team spent the entire series of 3 games whining that the comp wasn't working and that we needed to adjust. Meanwhile the only person who hadn't switched heroes at least once was him. I particularly enjoyed that all this whining was going on while we were winning all 3. Any time the other team took the point for 20 seconds he would flip shit.

I wish more people would go and learn new heroes in quickplay

I'm sick of being on a team with the guy clocking in 13 hours as hanzo/widowmaker and nothing else
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    While I do like to win, even in QM, now that CM is out, QM is the place to mess around, experiment, learn, etc. Even if you're getting countered hard playing a particular character, there's still a learning experience there if that's what you're after. I've encountered a lot of bossy people in QM lately. "Get off Roadhog! We don't need another tank!" Well, too bad because I want to practice on Roadhog. I use to respond to them but now I just mute. Can't be bothered. CM is that way ---->.
    Hello there, part of the problem.