Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Everyone should compete naked, and only males be allowed to compete/allowed to watch and attend, Just like in ancient times. Wouldn't thank be too gay for you, since your A self proclaimed homophobe?

Drugging ones own athletes to gain an unfair advantage was never A problem in ancient times you dolt. The level and extent of Russia's doping is of unprecedented levels in Olympic history. It spits in the face of what the Olympics stands for, which is fair competition between countries competing for honor and glory.

They are pissing on A part of your Greek heritage...and you defend it.
    No its not gay for me. You never been in the army or in a team where you take showers naked along with others right? That doesn't make it gay. What makes it gay is if people started touching each other.

The Olympics where all about the athlete. Wars would stop, politics would stop everything would stop just for athleticism to take place.

You cant ban all the athletes. How about the clean ones? I have zero issues removing people who abused doping , but i have many for people who haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    That is fine, we can send the D team in and still crush people.
    The D team would be most probably on something as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So the question is if the IOC can be impartial enough and uncorrupted enough to take measures that are needed. Like others have indicated, I have my doubts the IOC can.
    Looks like these UK tabloids were full of shit after all and you were completely vindicated: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36878983

Rio Olympics 2016: Russia not given blanket Games ban by IOC

Russia will not receive a blanket ban from Rio 2016 following the country's doping scandal.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will leave it up to individual sports' governing bodies to decide if Russian competitors are clean and should be allowed to take part.
    Mods feel free to proactively lock this thread!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-07-24 at 03:32 PM.

all athletes should be on drugs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    all athletes should be on drugs
    Marijuana, let's make things interesting. That's an event I would watch for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    No its not gay for me. You never been in the army or in a team where you take showers naked along with others right? That doesn't make it gay. What makes it gay is if people started touching each other.

The Olympics where all about the athlete. Wars would stop, politics would stop everything would stop just for athleticism to take place.

You cant ban all the athletes. How about the clean ones? I have zero issues removing people who abused doping , but i have many for people who haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

The D team would be most probably on something as well.
    But their junk would be flopping in every direction while competing. They would be drenched in sweat and breathing heavily from the extreme physical exertion...Some may even be erect due to all the blood rushing. and only men would be allowed to compete and watch.

Well they were trying to retest previous samples from previous olympics...and Russia was said to have impeded investigations by destroying samples and refusing to cooperate. Now, it is too late to test via individual basis since the Olympics are around the corner. Again, because of the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they do prevent those who ever tested positive from participating and there will be more thorough inspections for those who do go through.

I think it's fair, there ARE athletes who are clean and put titanic effort to get to world level and getting screwed over by assholes in their team/country is unfair.

But yes, every last athlete there should be double and triple checked and if there is a doubt banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's just splendid. IOC is as corrupt and complacent as FIFA and the IAAF. Leaving it to the governing bodies in sports just means that there's going to be sports that are JUST as corrupt, but not as much in the spotlight, that will decide to let the Russians compete anyway.

This is a blow for anyone that enjoys clean sports and the IOC has shown it's not willing to do what's necessary to take a stand. I for one will probably not watch the Olympics, cause the way it is now, it's a sham where money and politics make the decisions, instead of striving for the Olympic message of fairness and cooperation through sports.

I gave up watching cycling for the exact reason that it's a sham, and I have no problem doing the same with the Olympics if this is what the IOC makes of the organization and the event.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well that's just splendid. IOC is as corrupt and complacent as FIFA and the IAAF. Leaving it to the governing bodies in sports just means that there's going to be sports that are JUST as corrupt, but not as much in the spotlight, that will decide to let the Russians compete anyway.

This is a blow for anyone that enjoys clean sports and the IOC has shown it's not willing to do what's necessary to take a stand. I for one will probably not watch the Olympics, cause the way it is now, it's a sham where money and politics make the decisions, instead of striving for the Olympic message of fairness and cooperation through sports.

I gave up watching cycling for the exact reason that it's a sham, and I have no problem doing the same with the Olympics if this is what the IOC makes of the organization and the event.
    So you will not watch the Olympics because they are willing to test each athlete individually instead of blanket banning the whole nation?

I was hoping they would ban them all just to piss off putin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They fucking well should be banning the whole Russian team from every single international event. No doing so just allows them to try and keep cheating, and condones state run cheating as well. Seems like the IOC lacks fucking balls like I thought. Granted, this is the same group of fucktards who thought it wise to reward a country with the Olympics that has rampant corruption, high rates of crime and doesn't have the resources to stop the Zika virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia can be such a joke sometimes. At least it's good for the laughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you will not watch the Olympics because they are willing to test each athlete individually instead of blanket banning the whole nation?
    Yes. The widespread corruption and doping use on the Russian team needed a strong statement by the IOC. The governing bodies of the different sports never caugth on, or were never willing to do anythign against the Russian athletes so far, so why would I expect them to do anything now?

It's clear the corruption and doping use in sports is epidemic and has reached into the highest echelons to make them get off scot free. This was THE perfect time to take a stand against this, but alas, it seems the IOC comittee is as corrupt and complacent as the governing bodies and will not take action even when the overwhelming evidence is staring them in the face.

It seems international sports needs a good purge, and I for one will not hand them my viewership and advertizing money by watching the games and pretending that things will change.

If the IOC is not willing to take a stand, then who will? My conclusion is no one will and we have a tainted olympics as a result. I will not watch blatently tainted sports.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously you didn't read the NYT investigation into cheating at the Sochi Olympics. What makes you think Russia can't do it outside their own nation? It doesn't matter if they test everyone, all it takes is for Russian secret service to have infiltrated the labs and the samples can be swapped.

I would think IOC just didn't want to open floodgates of shit that could flow from "state-sponsored so full ban" ruling..

...because i'm pretty sure they know about more then one "state-sponsored" programs that used something questionable or outright banned but used careful enough to not get caught at the time (as did Russian - they didn't get caught, they just had whistle-blower who might or might not have been telling truth).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    ...because i'm pretty sure they know about more then one "state-sponsored" programs that used something questionable or outright banned but used careful enough to not get caught at the time (as did Russian - they didn't get caught, they just had whistle-blower who might or might not have been telling truth).
    Did you make up this yourself? Or did you instructor give it to you, or read it in a newspaper? What a masterpiece in damage controll, congratulations.

1) First you implie that other countries have "state-sponsored" doping programs.
    2) Then you implie that the Russian whistle-blower might not teling the truth.

Everything just on gut instinct.....

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Did you make up this yourself? Or did you instructor give it to you, or read it in a newspaper? What a masterpiece in damage controll, congratulations.

1) First you implie that other countries have "state-sponsored" doping programs.
    I'm fairly certain i can cite multiple non-Russian incidents where state covered their athletes suspected of doping... :P

2) Then you implie that the Russian whistle-blower might not teling the truth.
    His claims have not been independently verified yet. Let's wait for confirmation from producers of those tamper-proof vials that they were indeed tampered with.

Everything just on gut instinct.....
    Suspicion is just that - suspicion. It might be something else.

Today Olympics are state-sponsored by design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Today Olympics are state-sponsored by design.
    The thief always say all other steal to.....

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    The thief always say all other steal to.....
    Does anyone other then states make those Olympic games happen?
    For IOC it's about "not biting the hand that feeds you". They are not there to dole justice on state level; they are there to make Olympic games happen, with as broad participation as possible.

If individual athletes get caught they get banned. If states get caught they are asked to stop (stop getting caught, that is).

Sorry, but letting "athletes" from a country, who is drugging them, participate at the olympics, is really taking the piss on everyone else at the competition, It's a shame for the clean athletes who'll loose to Russians.

Altho I guess it should shut up the "its western propaganda!!" nutjobs, if we were just out to "put Russia down" the IOC could easily have been bought.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2016-07-24 at 05:03 PM.

if you are not cheating you are not trying to win