Strange issues with Illusions

So on my Rogue I use Spellblade which is a blue laser sword and I applied Dancing Steel combined makes for a bright white sword with some hint of blue, but now on my DK and even on my Rogue this no longer works if I want to re-apply it.

Rogue Before

DK After

Something I'm missing? Did they stealth fix some stuff while retaining already applied ones? I don't get it.

Btw I could swear illusions were free to apply yesterday though maybe they weren't?
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2016-07-21 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what happend to the Poison Dripping Illusion for Rogues...

It's not in the Wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    And what happend to the Poison Dripping Illusion for Rogues...

It's not in the Wardrobe.
    You have to buy it from Griftah for 5000 Dingy Iron Coins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    You have to buy it from Griftah for 5000 Dingy Iron Coins
    Ye, i got it now

Also got all the other Illusions from the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    So on my Rogue I use Spellblade which is a blue laser sword and I applied Dancing Steel combined makes for a bright white sword with some hint of blue, but now on my DK and even on my Rogue this no longer works if I want to re-apply it.

Rogue Before

DK After

Something I'm missing? Did they stealth fix some stuff while retaining already applied ones? I don't get it.

Btw I could swear illusions were free to apply yesterday though maybe they weren't?
    No they weren't free to apply. Speaking on the sword it may have been a bug oversight before the patch. Usually weapons with their own glow effect (this sword being an invisible item with its own glow) do not show enchant effects; this ofc is purely speculation. AFAIK the only enchants that overwrite the innate glow effect of an item are the Cataclysm enchants with tons of gfx effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    No they weren't free to apply.
    They were when I did it a couple days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    They were when I did it a couple days ago.
    Afaik it's supposed to be tied to the target weapon's x-mog cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik it's supposed to be tied to the target weapon's x-mog cost.
    Then it must be (or have been) broken since they definitely cost nothing when I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Then it must be (or have been) broken since they definitely cost nothing when I tried it.
    Tried it yesterday, adds like 13g to the total price. Kinda weird, but eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Tried it yesterday, adds like 13g to the total price. Kinda weird, but eh.
    Yeah depends on the target weapon. I x-mogged an heirloom weapon and put an illusion on it (1g to x-mog) and it cost 2g.

Yeah depends on the target weapon. I x-mogged an heirloom weapon and put an illusion on it (1g to x-mog) and it cost 2g.
    Ah that makes sense.

No they weren't free to apply. Speaking on the sword it may have been a bug oversight before the patch. Usually weapons with their own glow effect (this sword being an invisible item with its own glow) do not show enchant effects; this ofc is purely speculation. AFAIK the only enchants that overwrite the innate glow effect of an item are the Cataclysm enchants with tons of gfx effects.
    It's the same identical weapon in the screenshot (not a illusion limitation), and I encountered the same bug again on my new Warrior, despite them having the SAME enchant they again do not glow.. good thing I paid 42G for no effect again? Seriously this is annoying and I have no idea how this is even possible, how are these applied? I have to apply the illusion again when I see it working for it to keep working it's ridiculous. Again It's not the weapon or enchant that is causing it, it's some weird glitch. The weapon supports all illusions just fine, the illusion itself also works just fine but like you see in the picture in some cases the Illusion has 0 effect even after I relog, it's a abstract bug. I can only apply&save a illusion if it previews correctly, if it doesn't preview correctly I get a broken illusion onto my weapon that stays broken forever (or until blizz patches it?).
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2016-07-30 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same identical weapon in the screenshot (not a illusion limitation), and I encountered the same bug again on my new Warrior, despite them having the SAME enchant they again do not glow.. good thing I paid 42G for no effect again? Seriously this is annoying and I have no idea how this is even possible, how are these applied? I have to apply the illusion again when I see it working for it to keep working it's ridiculous. Again It's not the weapon or enchant that is causing it, it's some weird glitch. The weapon supports all illusions just fine, the illusion itself also works just fine but like you see in the picture in some cases the Illusion has 0 effect even after I relog, it's a abstract bug. I can only apply&save a illusion if it previews correctly, if it doesn't preview correctly I get a broken illusion onto my weapon that stays broken forever (or until blizz patches it?).
    I know it is the same weapon. The pictures are from pre 7.0.3 and post 7.0.3. It was either a bug that has since been fixed (or partially fixed from what you are saying) or it was something that has since been broken. Like I said the Spellblade is an invisible item that has a glow effect for the visible portion. From wowpedia.org -

Weapon glows are glowing effects that typically appears on enchanted weapons. While some weapon glows are intrinsic effects on magical weapons (these organic glows cannot be overridden by enchantments), most weapon glows that you might see are from enchantments. This page lists the glows players can apply to weapons with the help of enchanters. It is designed to help players (especially new players) determine the relative cost, brightness, and color of all available glows.

Post it on the official forums and see if you get a blue response. My bet is on that it wasn't intended to have enchants show, but was bugged prior to 7.0.3.

Some examples -

Quel'Serrar

Cryptmaker

Demise

Honed Voidaxe

Ramaladni's Blade of Culling

Glorenzelg

None of those items take an enchant because of their inherent glow effects.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-07-30 at 09:18 PM.