Thread: WoW IS BACK!!!!

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

WoW IS BACK!!!!

My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even. Every server I go on the cities are FULL. Can barely see anything...

Legion HYPE. Blizzard definitely got a lot of people excited for this expansion, lets hope it lives up to it. I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still good enough to mess everything up after a couple of months, unfortunately
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    There are more online, yeah. I wouldn't say my friends list is back to pre-Cata levels though. My main raiding guild (which normally fields two 25 man raids per week, plus we allow casual friends and family to join, so yeah we are pretty big) is still super-light on people with few online, but I know they will all come back before the end of the month.

OP clearly never experienced a patch day/week in WoW. This happens every patch, be it content patch or pre-patch. Though there is always considerably more traffic during expansion pre-patches as people come back to see if the game is fun to play with the class changes.

Maybe we shouldn't tell him about major cities being CRZ now... :P

How many servers DOES it take to make a single capitol city seem full?

(Check again and notice no one is from your server... :P )

Why would Blizz do this just before launch of a new expansion? Poor presales.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even. Every server I go on the cities are FULL. Can barely see anything...

Legion HYPE. Blizzard definitely got a lot of people excited for this expansion, lets hope it lives up to it. I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.
    Same thing happened before WoD.

Yeah.

Let that sink in.

Really? I saw a bunch of people log on tuesday and haven't seen more than 1-2 people on since. Not that i think it means much since there's no exactly new content right now, i expect more people to be on for the invasions.

Been slowly realizing that WoW forums aren't filled with people who like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So... general kind of thing most people see in the run up to an expansion's release? Ok.
    At least its something positive among all the complaining.

No where near 10 million subs again. Sorry, but it's not going to be even close.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

That's funny, I wasn't aware that it ever went away... Maybe because it didn't.
    The health of the game can be measured by other things than sub NUMBERS, by the way. For example, retained subs, and 5-7 million retained subs is better than 10 million burst and then 5 million lost because of no content.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-24 at 08:35 PM.

i hope op realizes that all cities are xrealm now so they probably saw the same people on every server theynlogged on to

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Lol its been like that for a while. Some people over there have valid opinions and reasons to be angry, but a large majority or small majority are extremely loud and cant stop whining over the most ridiculous shit. Thats why a lot of people here tend to stay away from the official forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    No where near 10 million subs again. Sorry, but it's not going to be even close.
    Care to back that up with evidence or proof? No? Okay. Not saying it will or wont hit that many, but if your going to make a statement like that then provide something that backs it up.

Deleted
    It's almost as if a patch was just released with significant changes as well as a expansion in a month... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Filled with people who miss WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    At least its something positive among all the complaining.
    Yet people found a way to complain.
    That it isn't to the level of pre-cataclysm etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeap. My friends list is all lit up again. It's great. This is how it is every expantion though.
    I'm hoping they can keep them online, thats what matters.

Edit: Not being negative though. Legion IS looking great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love the hate for an almost 12 year old game lololo, geesus please continue with the hate for WoW lmfaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Filled with people who miss WoW.
    Filled with people with the mentality for single-player rpgs (they never change) that somehow ended up playing an mmorpg, more like.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yet people found a way to complain.
    That it isn't to the level of pre-cataclysm etc.
    Thats how this community works. Cant really avoid that I guess.