Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Which is natural as medicine improves and women begin working. Its not just because women work, its also because the infant mortality rates are down and there is less of a need for places to have a ton of kids.
    I actually think it has little to do with that.

I look at the main reasons people give now for having kids, mainly that its something THEY want, its an experience THEY want in their lives. Children, in spite of what you have heard, have a measurable deleterious effect on your happiness. Children are hard, children are difficult and if we are all Self-Actualized adults pursuing our self interest and our own happiness, children are an odd thing to personally do.

Because the center of ones life is themselves and not family, the clan or the tribe, people focus exclusively on ones own pet pleasures, and thus forgo children. Basically sterility is a disease of modernity IMHO.

Women working is a red haring, plenty of non-feminist cultures have low birth rates, indeed much of the world does and soon the whole world will.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I actually think it has little to do with that.

I look at the main reasons people give now for having kids, mainly that its something THEY want, its an experience THEY want in their lives. Children, in spite of what you have heard, have a measurable deleterious effect on your happiness. Children are hard, children are difficult and if we are all Self-Actualized adults pursuing our self interest and our own happiness, children are an odd thing to personally do.

Because the center of ones life is themselves and not family, the clan or the tribe, people focus exclusively on ones own pet pleasures, and thus forgo children. Basically sterility is a disease of modernity IMHO.

Women working is a red haring, plenty of non-feminist cultures have low birth rates, indeed much of the world does and soon the whole world will.

There was a thread on this a week ago if I remember right, it was very interesting.

Deleted
    As a known american I always perceived Democrats to be more reasonable and less extreme. Sadly the democrats moved to the far left and if I were an american I would feel disconnect with Hillary. I don't think she should be the presidential candidate. It feels staged.

The republicans are scary because they attract a lot of stupid people that have extreme opinions.

The best way would seem to be somewhere in the middle, but there is no such thing in the US.

(Also it is a tragedy that they hate each other so much instead of respecting other peoples opinions. The hate towards Trump/republicans has increased a lot in the US. You don't have to like him (I don't like Trump either), but attacking peaceful people on the streets is a big no no).

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Naturally, wages would rise.

But it's not like we have equal participation of both genders in every industry and sector; that might not be the case in any job/profession worth a shit. So if women were to leave the labor force, men might not be able to fill the vacuum fast enough.

Speaking of vaccums, no economy operates that way. What' would stop firms from importing more foreign labor until the market equllibrates?

I agree with you to an extent. Some of the gendered shit in the modern workplace is fucked and pisses me off too.

But it's already too late. There's no getting off this gravy train.
    They might not be able but I rather try it and find out then continue what we are doing. You could always not allow firms to do that. I rather have a hard time for a short while with a healthy stable economy in the future then trying to bandaid are current problems until they all come crashing down.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was a thread on this a week ago if I remember right, it was very interesting.
    How could I miss that? Or did I not miss it?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could I miss that? Or did I not miss it?
    I remember there was a thread on that topic... just cant remember when.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm an independent voters who votes more along the lines of the Democrats. I absolutely hate the Republican stance on social issues. There's no way in hell I could vote for a party that wants to overturn gay marriage, doesn't allow same sex couples to adopt, and promotes conversion therapy in teens (yes all of those things were discussed during the RNC to be on this year's platform with ending gay marriage making the cut). I'm a product of welfare as a young child and know how the programs is desperately needed in this day & age more than ever. I don't want to see social security or Medi-Care cut. While I believe in the second amendment, I feel that strict background checks and limitations on what kind of guns you can own are necessary. I believe in universal healthcare. A person shouldn't die because they can't afford lifesaving medicine or treatment when we are one of the richest nations in the world. I fully support the health insurance reform that the ACA provided and see it as a step in the right direction.

This is why I will be voting democrat come November and until a Republican comes along and votes with his conscious instead of with his pocketbook.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember there was a thread on that topic... just cant remember when.
    Its a fascinating topic IMHO.

Though natalism is a tricky field because obviously it attracts all sorts of people, some good, some wicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a fascinating topic IMHO.

Though natalism is a tricky field because obviously it attracts all sorts of people, some good, some wicked.
    like anythinng

I'm Liberal because...

I think they treat minorities better (gay marriage, immigration, etc.)
    They don't scapegoat the poor and are willing to uphold programs that protect them so their children can eat ( i know some people abuse it, and I'm okay taking that away from people, but I'm not okay eliminating for everyone so you can pay thirty dollars less in taxes a year and children starve)
    I'm okay with helping foreign aid (very little of our gdp goes to it and it creates strong allies)
    Pro Pot
    Pro abolish death penalty (more expensive than prison and prison is a worse punishment)
    They aren't as judgmental about different faiths and are less likely to use their faith to inflict unfair laws on people that don't believe it
    They are pro choice (which is less extreme imo)
    They are more willing to put together programs for healthcare like other countries to help cost
    I don't trust big businesses at the tippy top to go unregulated, but I'm still pro competition otherwise, as are most on the left in America, but conservatives would like you not to think.
    They can love their country without wrapping a flag around themselves and doing a national pride circle jerk. They also don't group people into american and not american like the current fad the republican party is going through. (Basically, you aren't american if you don't agree with me. See also: You aren't a christian if you don't practice it the way I do, or you don't believe in the constitution if you don't read it the exact way i do.)
    Last edited by Height; 2016-07-25 at 02:03 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    As a known american I always perceived Democrats to be more reasonable and less extreme. Sadly the democrats moved to the far left and if I were an american I would feel disconnect with Hillary. I don't think she should be the presidential candidate. It feels staged.

The republicans are scary because they attract a lot of stupid people that have extreme opinions.

The best way would seem to be somewhere in the middle, but there is no such thing in the US.

(Also it is a tragedy that they hate each other so much instead of respecting other peoples opinions. The hate towards Trump/republicans has increased a lot in the US. You don't have to like him (I don't like Trump either), but attacking peaceful people on the streets is a big no no).
    The idea that the Democratic Party is far left is deluded. Here are some far left ideas:

1. Eradicating private property.
    2. Full nationalization of major industries.
    3. Maximum income.
    4. Mandatory unionization of the workplace.
    5. Banning usury.
    6. Banning ownership of land you don't actively use.

Do you see any of that on the Democratic platform?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The idea that the Democratic Party is far left is deluded. Here are some far left ideas:

3. Maximum income.
    5. Banning usury.

you are right I should've said moving more to the left. I overexeggerated a bit. apologies

3. Maximum income.
    5. Banning usury.

Yah I agree, if Hillary is far left, what is considered moderate left anyway. Hillary is kind of a blue dog democrat. Liberal socially, but otherwise kind of straddles the line of right and left on economics. Correct me if im wrong.
    Last edited by Height; 2016-07-25 at 02:04 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist View Post
    They might not be able but I rather try it and find out then continue what we are doing. You could always not allow firms to do that. I rather have a hard time for a short while with a healthy stable economy in the future then trying to bandaid are current problems until they all come crashing down.

What, Traditionalism? Fuck that shit. Just kill me now.

I'm not working long days and coming home to someone whose workload isn't nearly as bad as she makes it out to be (technology makes housework much easier and less time). You think dudes want to listen to their mouthes all the time?

you are right I should've said moving more to the left. I overexeggerated a bit. apologies
    More to the left on what though? Can you give me a policy example?

Deleted
    More to the left on what though? Can you give me a policy example?
    Hillary used to be anti-gay for example. Now she celeberates the LGBT movement

Social issues like that are tricky to put on a left-right spectrum. One could call that a libertarian position and place it in the right. Do you have any examples that aren't social issues like that?

Deleted
    Social issues like that are tricky to put on a left-right spectrum. One could call that a libertarian position and place it in the right. Do you have any examples that aren't social issues like that?
    Nope I cannot, because I don't know every single thing she said and changed her mind on

As do many other politicians. As a gay person myself, I have no issue with this. Twenty years ago you couldn't win elections being pro marriage equality. If you want to do good as a politician, you sometimes I have to posture yourself so you're palatable to the voters. No matter who the person was, if they were pro marriage equality back then, they'd have a harder time getting into office.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    What, Traditionalism? Fuck that shit. Just kill me now.

I'm not working long days and coming home to someone whose workload isn't nearly as bad as she makes it out to be (technology makes housework much easier and less time). You think dudes want to listen to their mouthes all the time?
    Lol they didn't bitch and moan back in the day because they understood how they were privileged to not have to work in the coal mines, go to war, do all the hard nasty jobs that men do and still do today. Women do it today because they are tired from working all day and told how hard they have it and at the same time society kisses their ass and gives them all they want.