Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Widowmaker got an excellent ultimate. And if the person playing is good with twitch shots (like a sniper should be to fit on a team) you drop non tanks easily from a safe distance.
    Not feeling her ult any more, most fights are fast paced and tight enough that it's just not really conferring much advantage. Same with any sniping as well to be honest; everything is normally so close quartered. To be honest, I'd like to see her assault rifle's accuracy fixed a bit to help when things get on top of her.

Widowmaker got an excellent ultimate. And if the person playing is good with twitch shots (like a sniper should be to fit on a team) you drop non tanks easily from a safe distance.

Haven't been killed by a hanzo ulti in several days during QM (never see him in CM) just sidestep and you're fine. Some heroes can just block it or avoid it with abilities, its not a big threat.

Maybe hanzo is a threat in pubs or something but non pub he's a cake walk most of the time. He also lacks any ability to escape if you just jump on him. Feels a bit pointless.

If widow was bad you wouldnt see her more as often in higher ranked matches.
    Are you basing your opinion around QM? QM is a shit way to balance since most people don't bother creating a balanced team.

I haven't seen any battle since ranked where you could get away with staying in ''safe'' distance, it's usually a quick all out brawl that's about breaking past the choke points. It's about timing the ulti's, flanking and just raw firepower.

It comes down to overwhelming the opponent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Are you basing your opinion around QM? QM is a shit way to balance since most people don't bother creating a balanced team.

I haven't seen any battle since ranked where you could get away with staying in ''safe'' distance, it's usually a quick all out brawl that's about breaking past the choke points. It's about timing the ulti's, flanking and just raw firepower.

It comes down to overwhelming the opponent.
    You need to re-read what i just said. I don't base it on QM. I base it on CM. Just look at hanzo stats going up the leaderboards for instance. I wouldn't base my experience on Hanzo from pubs at all as pubs are a shitty way to compare things, i only compare full stacks. It's a team game and in pubs its hard to see what a hero can do without proper supports and play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not feeling her ult any more, most fights are fast paced and tight enough that it's just not really conferring much advantage. Same with any sniping as well to be honest; everything is normally so close quartered. To be honest, I'd like to see her assault rifle's accuracy fixed a bit to help when things get on top of her.
    Often we don't run a sniper at all, like you said it's not that effective anymore. But if we do we sure as hell don't pick hanzo over widow as we need accurate shots to take down specific targets. I don't play CS but i imagine the sniper role is the same there, alot of twitch shooting that need to be straight to the head when it's needed.

Since patch a mercy buffed McCree brings more to the table as he can switch between ranged and close quarters more easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Often we don't run a sniper at all, like you said it's not that effective anymore. But if we do we sure as hell don't pick hanzo over widow as we need accurate shots to take down specific targets. I don't play CS but i imagine the sniper role is the same there, alot of twitch shooting that need to be straight to the head when it's needed.
    Yeah, my group never takes a sniper either, although I have some 34 hours or something absurd on Widow in quick play (making her my main I guess) I've used her I think once in comp, to just to deal with a couple of specific players for a time until they got fed up and switched. She is just that niche right now. Mostly I'm playing D.Va in comp, there's just more she can do there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hanzo is not in a great spot atm, although to be fair, none of the snipers are (except Ana).

Ana's ult can turn anyone into a death machine (well okay, not ANYONE, but certain
    heroes with this buff are just team wreckers.) Hanzo's ult can be particularly effective
    at team skirmishes, and it can pop up unexpectedly, so its useful for sneak attacks,
    and pushing. Widow Maker's ult is useful in terms of pointing out the enemy's position
    to the entire team from anywhere on the map for several seconds.

I'd say that Ult wise, Ana's & Hanzo's are strong, but Widow Maker suffers a bit depending
    on the map. There are some maps where you don't really need to see the opposition's
    position, and it ends up being wasteful to have her there.

Ana's abilities are much more useful than either of Hanzo or Widow Maker's. A sleep dart
    that can negate so many powerful ultimates, and an aoe heal & debuff (mind you, the ONLY
    ability in the game that can negate healing).

Hanzo has a vision arrow, which although can be useful, much like Widow Maker, it depends
    on the map. For some maps, enemy scouting isn't necessary. His scatter arrow is strong, but
    it is pretty easy to avoid. A lot of character can negate it too (Rein's shield, Zarya's shield)
    and you need to aim it at a specific spot to get a kill from it.

Widow Maker has a poison dart that deals okay damage, but is very limited in its range, and
    a grappling hook that has a long cooldown. Although she can reach higher places than Hanzo,
    Hanzo can get to higher ground much faster than her.

Compared to other heroes, Hanzo & Widow Maker aren't that useful atm. The main point of a
    sniper is to get head shots or deal lots of damage from a safe distance. However as another
    poster pointed out, the game's combat is so fast and hectic, getting head shots becomes almost
    achievement worthy in and of itself (moreso if you were to do it consistently) and the body
    shots just don't do enough damage.

Hanzo's problem is that not only is it extremely difficult to use him effectively, but his abilities
    aren't very impactful in team fight maps (barring his ult), and its so retarded that he has no
    close range options for when enemies bridge the gap. (So according to his bio, he is apparently
    skilled in swordsmanship and hth combat, and in the movie, he uses his bow as a melee weapon
    against Genji, why the fuck can't he do so when someone engages him close range in the game?
    Fucking stupid Blizzard.)

At least Widow Maker's sniper rifle can become an assault rifle. And sure, its not Soldier 76 good,
    but at LEAST she has something.

Widow Maker's problem is that she's got a better time aiming (although still has the same "sniping
    is hella hard" problem that Hanzo does), but unlike Hanzo, who DOES have an attack ult, she does
    not, which does hamper her a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Ana's abilities are much more useful than either of Hanzo or Widow Maker's. A sleep dart
    that can negate so many powerful ultimates, and an aoe heal & debuff (mind you, the ONLY
    ability in the game that can negate healing).
    Nop, Winston's bubble can negate enemy Lucio's healing aura for all the enemies that are inside it (and prevent them from benefitting from the Sound Barrier as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? Did not know that.

I guess the only problem there is that Winston's shields aren't as sturdy, and Ana's effect
    lasts longer in a fight than Winston's shield (which can get bursted down very quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I wish they'd compensated by making his Vision Arrow last much longer (so it's still an area and not competing with Widow's Ult) and drastically increased the lifespan of missed Geometry Arrow lasers.
    I'm very happy you aren't an OW dev.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    very big snip
    I'll sum up in a line what you did in 9 paragraphs, because tl;dr.

Ana is useful because she can heal, boost and crowd control.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I'll sum up in a line what you did in 9 paragraphs, because tl;dr.

Ana is useful because she can heal, boost and crowd control.
    A bit more to it than that, but yes, Ana is more useful in the long run,
    even though she doesn't have Hanzo or Widow Maker's damage.

Deleted
    only good sniper atm is ana and there buffing her next patch

If Hanzo remains a low choice, then Blizzard is going to buff him. For me, increasing arrow speed would be fine, or reducing the CD of scatter arrow (by third or half at most). I don't think increasing his body shot damage is the answer, because people are going to complain. Hanzo is hard to play; one of the hardest in my opinion. That means, there will be plenty more who are terrible with him, than those who are good. That buff won't last too long when people complain they were being done in by Hanzos shooting with no aim.

The only useful sniper right now is widow. And that's on specific maps where certain ground needs to be held for push/poke tactics; Kings Row. She has limited uses otherwise, mainly to keep back lines honest.

Ana is cool, Anna's she would be great if she were either hit scan or could head shot. Her ult is mixed mainly. Sometimes it pops off, a lot it's wasted. Requires major team work and coordination.

Hanzo has always been bad. He needs either a speed boost while drawn, a skill that allows him to full charge shoot faster for a duration, I also think he should be able to move similar to Genji, double jumps to wall climbs. It's funny, his Nerf was to stop his spam area denial, but when he comes out in competitive, that's exactly what he does.

Hanzo can carry a team solo if you're high skilled player. It's hard to get use to his shooting but if you're attacking and use hanzo good = fast win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOverKnight View Post
    Hanzo can carry a team solo if you're high skilled player. It's hard to get use to his shooting but if you're attacking and use hanzo good = fast win.
    Anyone can carry a team solo if they're high skilled and good. It's just the skill ceiling on Hanzo is particularly high and the majority of players aren't close to that ceiling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    only good sniper atm is ana and there buffing her next patch
    You got a source for that, seeing as they just buffed her again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The only useful sniper right now is widow. And that's on specific maps where certain ground needs to be held for push/poke tactics; Kings Row. She has limited uses otherwise, mainly to keep back lines honest.

Ana is cool, Anna's she would be great if she were either hit scan or could head shot. Her ult is mixed mainly. Sometimes it pops off, a lot it's wasted. Requires major team work and coordination.

Hanzo has always been bad. He needs either a speed boost while drawn, a skill that allows him to full charge shoot faster for a duration, I also think he should be able to move similar to Genji, double jumps to wall climbs. It's funny, his Nerf was to stop his spam area denial, but when he comes out in competitive, that's exactly what he does.
    She can hit scan. Her weapon changes between hit scan and projectile depending on whether she is scoped or not. It also has a pretty generous hitbox, plus not giving her headshot multiplier was a good idea, it cracks down on people using her as an all out sniper rather than support.

The Hanzo nerf was directly aimed at area denial, it was to target the hitbox issue, which was plain ridiculous.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hanzo is the only character I feel they completely missed on. Whenever I am killed by a Hanzo, it just feels like I did something wrong vs. them killing me.

Example, like if a WM head shot me or Reaper blast me in the face I lol and get back to it. With Hanzo, you started with the giant hit boxes where you could see the arrow miss and still died. Then you have scatter shot, which usually feels like a last ditch effort and prayer shot or lucky. Plus the bow feels weak compared to rockets and guns etc. I think there should be a complete change of how he is played.
    Only way to change Hanzo at this point is to give him a sword (which is pretty drastic).

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati.../?format=1500w

Hey atleast he's better than Widowmaker because he's first alphabetically.

There's just something completely wrong with the entire 'defense' hero tab except for maybe Junkrat, every single hero in that class is garbage.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-07-29 at 03:37 PM.

She can hit scan. Her weapon changes between hit scan and projectile depending on whether she is scoped or not. It also has a pretty generous hitbox, plus not giving her headshot multiplier was a good idea, it cracks down on people using her as an all out sniper rather than support.

The Hanzo nerf was directly aimed at area denial, it was to target the hitbox issue, which was plain ridiculous.
    Is this confirmed anywhere? About Ana being hit scan unscoped?

Does she have distance dmg drop off on the unscoped shots?

Also per Hanzo, the Nerf to his hit box is what nerfed his area denial. He could spam corners and hall ways and hit everything in there. He is still used in the exact same way in actual comp matches, he just sucks at it now. Last time I saw him was C9 I think ran him on the one king map that has a very specific task entry point. He was used for less than a minute.

Is this confirmed anywhere? About Ana being hit scan unscoped?

Does she have distance dmg drop off on the unscoped shots?

Also per Hanzo, the Nerf to his hit box is what nerfed his area denial. He could spam corners and hall ways and hit everything in there. He is still used in the exact same way in actual comp matches, he just sucks at it now. Last time I saw him was C9 I think ran him on the one king map that has a very specific task entry point. He was used for less than a minute.
    The hit box didn't take skill and it was an unfair game mechanic. Shooting people hiding behind corners is bullshit.

Ana vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0GdtQP9XE
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

The hit box didn't take skill and it was an unfair game mechanic. Shooting people hiding behind corners is bullshit.

Ana vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0GdtQP9XE
    I absolutely agree that he was a useless hero, well still is. I just find it interesting that his nerf was 100% directed at QP and already low skill players. He wasnt being used in competitive at all, even in my bracket for CM, he is never used or the first hero to be dropped.

Usually nerfs are directed at high level play, just wasnt the case for Hanzo here.

Ana: wow I didn't realize zoom in was hit scan, I've been leading people, but because the animation is so fast, my leads are usually still on their body.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2016-07-29 at 07:25 PM.

I absolutely agree that he was a useless hero, well still is. I just find it interesting that his nerf was 100% directed at QP and already low skill players. He wasnt being used in competitive at all, even in my bracket for CM, he is never used or the first hero to be dropped.

Usually nerfs are directed at high level play, just wasnt the case for Hanzo here.
    Was there a new nerf I haven't realized yet?
    The only one I can think of is the hitbox scan fix, which affects everyone, not solely Hanzo.

Quick edit: affects hit scan heroes, which Hanzo is not the only character like this.