Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    To be honest, it can be pretty easily shown that the 52% are idiots. And I'm not even talking from the perspective of political worldviews, I'm talking merely about the future of the UK. What the UK will gain with a Brexit is literally nothing. It will formally leave the Union, yet remain a member of all the "zones" like the European Economic Area, simply because leaving it would be too much of a pain on the British economy. There's just a small detail - the UK will also lose all the seats in the EP and thus lose the ability to influence its own future in the context of Europe at large.

I.e., Britain fucked itself in the arse. GG.
    Basically the UK voted to shoot itself in the foot and the PM and MPs are all dreading the moment they have to pull the trigger because they know it's gonna hurt and everyone will blame them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, liking democracy doesn't mean liking everything a democracy can potentially result in. I am a big fan of democracy, and yet I think that if Trump wins democratic elections, this country will be in trouble.
    I dread the idea of a Trump presidency but if the US does vote that way at least the British won't be considered the stupidest electorate in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not acceptable, no deal. .
    Really? That's 7-10 years of negotiating room to prove that it actually works, that's more than enough.

Europe really is in a pickle.
    As long as it's Branston, I don't really care tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Personally, I think that's simplifying it too much. Yes, our relationship with Europe is going to change but exactly how has not been defined yet. That's just a straight forward fact. Cameron's promise to trigger Article 50 immediately has proven to be a lie. So, why do you hold so much faith in May following through?
    Cos may is the new PM and going against the will of the people isnt the best idea, cos you will lose your job and the tories will never get elected again, david cameron only jumped ship cos he was a massive pro remainer, i know the new PM is a remainer but shes open for change whereas cameron just spouted the same shit over and over on PMQ'S

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Not acceptable, no deal. Only access to the single market and permanent non-negotiable control of our borders will do, moreso after the almost daily slaughter of innocent German and French people from uncontrolled immigration.

At a minimum soon we will achieve that as Europe capitulates, but it still is not enough.
    The imperialistic attitudes you exhibit - I'm completely flabbergasted. Not sure at all, what I'm feeling the most. Is it the marvel at the degree to which you've managed to delude yourself into not realizing exactly how insignificant your Great Britain is (no less than France [and slightly less than Germany], yet you seem to be under the impression the UK is a force to be reckoned with, in the context of a duel, if you will, with the giant that is the EU)? Or is it the disgust at the fact that you seem to be prone to reminiscence over the World Wars in a discussion over the EU (which was specifically created to stop wars, funnily enough), in the 21st century?
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-07-25 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The imperialistic attitudes you exhibit - I'm completely flabbergasted. Not sure at all, what I'm feeling the most. Is it the marvel at the degree to which you've managed to delude yourself into not realizing exactly how insignificant your Great Britain is (no less than France [and slightly less than Germany], yet you seem to be under the impression the UK is a force to be reckoned with, in the context of a duel, if you will, with the giant that is the EU)? Or is it the disgust at the fact that you seem to be prone to reminiscence over the World Wars in a discussion in the 21st century?
    The EU has so many internal issues that the UK does not need to fight it, just stand back and watch it punch itself in the face over-and-over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The EU has so many internal issues that the UK does not need to fight it, just stand back and watch it punch itself in the face over-and-over again.
    But the UK will have to deal with them as well as their internal issues they simply will not have any vote in the outcome. Brexit doesn't mean the UK just vanishes from the EU, they are still your neighbors, trading partners and your economy and market are forever linked. That's the sad part about the brexit or even Trump votes people trying to reverse something that can't globalism.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Translation = I met less than 1% of 52% and thus the entire 52% behave so
    More like.

All rational arguments point towards remain.

Therefore those that vote out by logic must be irrational and have an agenda that is misguided, delusional or hateful.

The arrogance of some people on here...

There were people who are far more intelligent/successful than anyone on this thread that supported brexit, don't flatter yourself into thinking voting remain makes you intellectually superior.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tinch; 2016-07-25 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post

There were people who are far more intelligent/successful than anyone on this thread that supported brexit, don't flatter yourself into thinking voting remain makes you intellectually superior.
    Intelligence or successfulness of a person holding a view increases the probability of said view being correct by exactly 0%. A claim either stands on its own or crumbles due to the bad logic that makes its foundation. Either way, it is completely separate from the person making the claim.

Same thing for all online publications really. They are all grasping to stay relevant with clickbait articles and subscription plans while slowly fading into nothingness...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

Intelligence or successfulness of a person holding a view increases the probability of said view being correct by exactly 0%. A claim either stands on its own or crumbles due to the bad logic that makes its foundation. Either way, it is completely separate from the person making the claim.
    When you claim that anyone who supports Brexit is a half-wit/idiot/stupid or whatever rubbish people in this thread have been coming out with, then it's fair to point out that there are people on the brexit side of the argument who have far more impressive credentials than they will ever have.

There are a multitude of reasons why people voted Brexit which cannot be dumbed down to a simple right or wrong answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    More like.

All rational arguments point towards remain.

Therefore those that vote out by logic must be irrational and have an agenda that is misguided, delusional or hateful.
    You're obviously gonna continue spouting that rhetoric so consider me out

- - - Updated - - -

When you claim that anyone who supports Brexit is a half-wit/idiot/stupid or whatever rubbish people in this thread have been coming out with, then it's fair to point out that there are people on the brexit side of the argument who have far more impressive credentials than they will ever have.

There are a multitude of reasons why people voted Brexit which cannot be dumbed down to a simple right or wrong answer.
    You're wasting your breath, the various reasons have been explained a thousand times but people just opt for immigration and sovereignty because it fits their narrative

For ever ''smart'' person you find on the brexit side you can find 100 ''smarter'' guys on the remain camp

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    For ever ''smart'' person you find on the brexit side you can find 100 ''smarter'' guys on the remain camp
    The claim was that all supporters of leave are half wits which clearly isn't the case.

Deleted
    ppl dnt seem to relise its not just common people who voted leave even big businesses voted leave such as JCB,dyson and tate and lyle who voted leave cos of the EU agricultural policy against the developing world who want to export cane sugar to the UK, alot of remainers think that its just EDL type people who voted to leave

Deleted
    So you admit not every BREXIT supporter is dumb?

And the irony of people who support Scottish independence calling leave voters idiots based on the economic arguments, how hypocritical can you get.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So you admit not every BREXIT supporter is dumb?

Lets be clear though, you will often find a small minority of scientist to spout propaganda. You used to have doctors saying that smoking was healthy and that it could cure some diseases .

http://uk.businessinsider.com/vintag...l-today-2016-6

Brexit campaign is the same, the so called smart people probably haver something to gain.

But like I said, for every single smart person the brexit side has you will find 100 smarter people at the remain camp.

- - - Updated - - -

And the irony of people who support Scottish independence calling leave voters idiots based on the economic arguments, how hypocritical can you get.

Nothing hypocritical since it's the EU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>then the UK in terms of Economical benefit for Scotland.

Nothing hypocritical since it's the EU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>then the UK in terms of Economical benefit for Scotland.
    You didn't type that with a straight face surely? You do realise two thirds of their trade is with the rest of the UK?

You didn't type that with a straight face surely? You do realise two thirds of their trade is with the rest of the UK?

It's about leverage, the EU has more leverage then the UK. I mean lets be clear if the UK had any leverage other than useless bluffs don't you think they would have invoked article 50?