Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

I Had More Spells at Level 60.....

Seriously the prune is painful. It was very exciting checking out the new animations and xmog system. Then I see that my spellbook only has 2 pages....

This isn't a big deal for PvE, but PvP it's going to suck. I will say I actually support getting rid of all the self healing.

but it's two spellbook pages of things you'll probably actually use as opposed to a lot that you won't
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Seriously the prune is painful. It was very exciting checking out the new animations and xmog system. Then I see that my spellbook only has 2 pages....

This isn't a big deal for PvE, but PvP it's going to suck. I will say I actually support getting rid of all the self healing.
    2 pages where you use about 90% of the spells, better then 8 pages were you use 10%
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    My lock at 70 had more spells than I had places for keybinds. It was getting silly the pruning needed to happen.

Which class do you play? Spec? Have you played beta? Do you realize nearly every spec gets at least one more spell from artifact?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2 pages where you use about 90% of the spells, better then 8 pages were you use 10%
    Yeah, pretty much this.

If you want more spells there is a lot to grab from talents and honor talents once those are available. I'm personally happy about not having to buff up anymore and I can opt to pick a lot of passives or for example pick Horn of Winter to press every ~30 seconds if thats what I want. Sure, there will be some mathematically correct choices but since I only raid on 1 char its nice to have all the choices for alts to play around with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    PvP required you to use 100% of your spells.
    I personnally like the class changes, but that argument is wrong since you'd always use almost all of your abilities in a PvP situation

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has successfully been making the game the way the players want it for years, even if/when the players disagree. Less is more : learn to love it.

You also have to think about the artifact weapons coming in legion. They will be giving more abilities.

I frankly just wish Ret had Exorcism back and Brewmaster had Guard again, but I'll deal.

Deleted
    You also made more decisions regarding your character when this game came out than since Cataclysm wiped away the talent trees.

How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it.

That is all but gone, our characters arent as much our own. You get to chose how your charge works at lvl 15 for Warriors, then you chose how you want to stun people, then how you want to regen health.

Most of the early "talents" are just as uninspired as the worst talents in Classic. I was way more excited to spend 5 talent points into Corruption to make it instant, then any early talents in the current game.

We are one more Legion 2.0 expansion from having as many active abilities as MOBA characters. If you went back in time during WotLK and made a topic and posted pictures "from the future" people would laugh you out of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Good, keep pruning.
    I agree. 3 buttons or bust. Deep gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Good, keep pruning.
    Agreed. There is still way too much fluff.

In reality the game only needs a total of 6 spells/abilities :
    For DPS : 1 melee, 1 ranged, 1 defensive, 1 CC
    For Healers : 1 ST heal, 1 AoE heal, 1 defensive, 1 CC

Think about how much more interesting raids will be when Blizz can design raid mechanics on a tight set of abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it.
    This... this right here is sig-worthy, and completely on the mark.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    You also have to think about the artifact weapons coming in legion. They will be giving more abilities.
    Yeah, these are going to bring about major balancing issues in both PvE and PvP. Blizzard should have saved themselves a lot of trouble and made only 3 versions of the artifacts : 1 melee dps, 1 ranged dps, 1 caster (for use by both dps and healers). Much easier to balance.

Here's the thing though- if you feel like you've lost a lot of tools you used in PvP, so has everyone else. It's not like your class is the only one that is going to play differently now: you'll need to adjust to the new playstyle, and the smaller number of answers you have, but don't lose sight of the fact that other classes have a lot fewer abilities that you need answers to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    PvP required you to use 100% of your spells.
    I personnally like the class changes, but that argument is wrong since you'd always use almost all of your abilities in a PvP situation
    yes because a destro lock would tottalty use curse of agony, and drain soul, well a affliction would use incenerate and immolate.... also yes in pvp you used enslave demon, ritual of doom, summon infernal, all of the many useless curses and spells...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    You also made more decisions regarding your character when this game came out than since Cataclysm wiped away the talent trees.

That is all but gone, our characters arent as much our own. You get to chose how your charge works at lvl 15 for Warriors, then you chose how you want to stun people, then how you want to regen health.

Most of the early "talents" are just as uninspired as the worst talents in Classic. I was way more excited to spend 5 talent points into Corruption to make it instant, then any early talents in the current game.

We are one more Legion 2.0 expansion from having as many active abilities as MOBA characters. If you went back in time during WotLK and made a topic and posted pictures "from the future" people would laugh you out of the building.
    Yeah I'm going to have to go with no on this one, its not like you ever chose where your attribute points went in this game its always been system regulated and now it doesnt even tell you how much more of X attribute you get when you level up, Talents were never this utopian free range meaningful system that you pretend it was. You put points into the same things as everyone else, no matter what if you were a paladin you took consecration from the holy tree, unless you were actually holy .. so meaningful.