Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    There is only one way to truly fix the world and its money problems... and that is to destroy it utterly and build it anew.
    We had smaller simulations of this happening. We called them fall of empires.
    Status quo came back each time with slightly different boarders and semantics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Doesn't matter, as long as starvation is as low as it is and tech is getting cheaper the vast majority won't get off their ass to revolt.
    People need something more to look forward to in life than simply subsisting on scraps. And that will spark a revolution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    then why are you buying their records, why are you going to their movies, why are you supporting them if you dont like them?
    Because they monopolize everything and there is no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    People need something more to look forward to in life than simply subsisting on scraps. And that will spark a revolution.
    lol and then your champion will sell you out again.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    /waves to goalpost. Glad you moved it. Was getting boring in that one spot.....
    You're still loaded on a global scale as a poor peoples in the developed world. And banks are lending to poorer countries instead of lending to comparatively richer people. One of the drawbacks to a globalized economy is that the poor living in Appalachia now have to compete with the poor living in Sudan and Vietnam, and the foreign poor will win that argument in a walk.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, riddle me this. Once you had your "glorious revolution" (Hint: miserable, bloody, and barbaric, as revolutions are) what next?

What will you do when society inevitably start having rich people and poor people once again. Because let's be honest, there will always be rich people, and there will always be poor people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    That's not the point, he simply wants more money that isn't his. That's all that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it'll spark a revolution of people looking out better for themselves and withdrawing their open hand.
    More like people will get so desperate that you will point the finger at them and they will cut it off, take the ring off of it, and go sell it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they monopolize everything and there is no way around it.
    What a load of horseshit.. if I dont like someone I sure as FUCK dont buy their records or go to their movies...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the point, he simply wants more money that isn't his. That's all that matters.

Could it be possible to think that some people make enough to not benefit from a change list this and still support it?

And before you say, "well just give more of your money" It needs to be on a bigger scale for it to really have a benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    More horseshit... you cant get enough people off their asses to clean up their own neighborhoods, how the FUCK do you think you are going to gather up enough people and coordinate them enough to overrun the rich folks... Stop tilting at windmills.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    So, riddle me this. Once you had your "glorious revolution" (Hint: miserable, bloody, and barbaric, as revolutions are) what next?

What will you do when society inevitably start having rich people and poor people once again. Because let's be honest, there will always be rich people, and there will always be poor people.
    The poor people that shit out kids and refuse to work would get zero entitlement help. The rich people who achieved their fortune by exploiting working below them for low pay will and funneling off the profit for themselves will have their wealth redistributed into college tuition for poor kids that hold good grades, apprenticeship programs for people that want to learn a trade, and help rebuild and upgrade out old outdated infrastructure. I do not believe in providing entitlement programs. I do believe in supplying opportunities for people that want it.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-07-26 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be. In that case, I encourage you to engage in personal charity.

You should really read the full post. It's almost like I knew what you were going to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 1% does a good job of keeping their workers distracted so the workers don't have time to question why all the companies profits go to one person while everyone else is living paycheck to paycheck. I have no problem with people being rich, most of those rich people work a lot harder than me. What I do question are is how wealth is distributed within a business and practices put in place for a company to make more money but on the executives ever seeing the gains.

No one should be struggling if they put in their 40 a week.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The poor people that shit out kinds and refuse to work get zero entitlement help. The rich people who achieved their fortune by exploiting working below them for low pay will have their wealth redistributed into college tuition for poor kids that hold good grades, apprenticeship programs for people that want to learn a trade, and help rebuild and upgrade out old outdated infrastructure.
    I really have to ask... What does your government teacher have to say about your plan?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I didn't take the conservative crowd long to show up.
    Shame on them for not wanting to give what they earned to someone who hasn't earned it.

Wealth redistribution is going to happen rather you like it or not. It is just a matter of when.
    Me you and everyone else in this thread will likely be long, long dead before it ever happens in this country, so... why do you care? Trying to get wealth redistribution going in this country will be harder than taking away our firearms, which is already nigh impossible.

The rich people will simply move their money somewhere the government can't get their hands on it anyways if it ever does happen.

Not to mention the only people in this country who are even close to being equipped to "start a revolution" are gun owners, who are mostly conservatives who don't believe in wealth redistribution.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-26 at 05:11 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

@nanook12

This is a crazy plan, but how about you start mending the said problem, preventing it from happening again, little by little, through politics, instead of acting like a savage beast only worth to be put down with overwhelming force?

10+ Year Old Account
    No I read it, I mean focus solely on what YOU want to give up, not what you want others to.

I'm willing to pay the same % of my wage as the 1% do. Which would actually mean I would end up paying less in taxes as is.....

We do share:

https://www.nptrust.org/index.php?/p...ng-statistics/

Roughly 2% of GDP. The problem isn't where is the money to help people in need, but why isn't it more effective? This may not be enough, given the inefficiency of the charity system, but don't claim those with money do not share.

Another interesting article which illustrates problems with keeping charity in line with growth of need:

https://bloomerang.co/blog/5-reasons...t-at-2-of-gdp/

At some point, the well is dry. Mandating money from citizens outside of taxes is illegal. In a capitalist economy, taxation can only go so far before it hurts the the very engine the system relies on.

So you want to make change? Fix inefficiency and corruption in the system. Or, kill the cow, and see where that gets you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The 1% does a good job of keeping their workers distracted so the workers don't have time to question why all the companies profits go to one person while everyone else is living paycheck to paycheck. I have no problem with people being rich, most of those rich people work a lot harder than me. What I do question are is how wealth is distributed within a business and practices put in place for a company to make more money but on the executives ever seeing the gains.
    You could always start your own business, then you could decide for yourself how the wealth in a company is divided.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What a load of horseshit.. if I dont like someone I sure as FUCK dont buy their records or go to their movies...
    Please just shut up. Go back to kindergarten, get your certificate of completion, then come back and argue.