Poll: Should ML be an option

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nope. I LOVE personal loot, and am glad it is being forced on every group except full guild groups.

One of the best changes in Legion, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    honestly i'm not so sure.

Sure the occasional ninjalooter is annoying,but usually you can see the signs and leave the group anyways.

But this new system? Even my guildies are already going "hey do you need that item can i have it?" and it's only been a week. THere is going to be beggars all over the place, and a lot of them wont be very nice about it, saying you don't need an item for xyz reason, being rude about it, etc. will get old fast.
    Then on the other hand you will have nice people asking for loot who then get stonewalled because of peoples bad experiences with beggars, or people who will want money/pets in return for a item, or will just say "it's worth 10g for me to vendor it, so fu".
    Heck remember back in the dragon soul days, at the end of the run there would always be people selling their loot.

I honestly don't know but i can see this new system backfiring in pugs too.
    Ignore lists are about to grow in Legion.

I can see guilds with less than 80% bullying one member to give his loot to another guildie under the threat of getting gkicked, and that's not right. But what you're talking about is a matter of Blizzard making it so that who got what doesn't appear in chat. That chat feature is useful with master loot as it documents the loot distribution, but there's no need for that feature with personal loot. As far as selling loot is concerned, I don't like it, but as long as no one is being pressured to sell their loot, and with the chat disabled, they couldn't be unless they spoke first, then that's ok.
    Last edited by darklady; 2016-07-24 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    As the victim of an idiot who "accidentally" called to roll for an item twice and then gave the item to the wrong person, fuck ML. Glad it's gone. Far too easy to abuse that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    What do you think should happen? Should it be brought back? Personally I think it should.
    Rather not. PL was introduced to solve the very problem that removing it would reintroduced.

I do not understand why ML was so great that people like it to be reintroduced. I can see some reasons for it but to me, those reasons are not enough for it to be returned.

For the case of ML being only be available with 80% of guild members being too restrictive, then just lower the percentage. That percentage could be adjusted later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but with some caveats.

- Loot method should be unchangeable once non-guild members are invited.
    - Reserved gear should be marked off a checklist so that when people go to sign up the LFG tool will flag the item as reserved if it is relevant to their class.

That way if loot is stolen, it is unambiguous regarding loot rules.

Unless they make personal have guaranteed x amount of drops, ML works out better over multiple runs.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-25 at 12:01 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Nope. Nah. Nada. Non.

The removal is a complete benediction for pugs. Leave ML out.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well pugs won't have to worry about losing out on loot anymore, but they'll probably find it a lot harder to find a decent group with a solid raidleader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not a chance. Keep it for guilds only.

I think the requirement to be able to use ML should be reduced to like 50% instead of 80%, but other than that I don't care.

I don't really pug in the first place because I can't tolerate casuals that are terrible at the game and whine about not getting loot. But seems to me ninja looting is not really a "thing" except in those groups where it's like ONE asshole forming an entire group of strangers just to fill his pockets. But even in those cases, the raid leader tells you 99% of the time what items he is going to take before you even join. Reality is most groups are partial guild groups that do most of the hard carrying and most of the pugs tend to be useless but they still want to walk away with the best drops. Also groups list and explicitly say what items they're going to be taking for their guild.

So ultimately, its your fault as a casual for not reading the description or getting butt hurt that you joined a group made intentionally to gear up the group leader when he has zero friends in the party. Make your own friends, join a guild, do whatever and stop pugging with randoms and you dont have to worry about random people you dont know "being mean to you" and "taking your stuff". Thin skinned childishness if you ask me.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Anyone who prefers master loot must bee a ninja looter.
    Yeah that's how I see it. I had lots of bad experiences with it. Good for you if you did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    when impossible means you are free to make yourself a group, build a raid and make your own rules with people. yeah, its impossible
    I've tried many times as I've said, but for some reason, people prefer the groups with a 5/13 leader that's reserved everything than with a 13/13 mythic leader that want's a equal, fair chance of loot for all. Making a group isn't hard, half the time the leader doesn't even lead. People see my achievements, promote me to assist and make me lead their raids half the time. I've just completely sworn of pugs now. Screw my alts, I can't deal with the hassle surrounding pugs.

All you need to form a group is 2 hours of your time. If I logged in after work and made a pug, I wouldn't even have time to do the raid. It's not an option for me, so I have to live with loot from bonus rolls only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I've tried many times as I've said, but for some reason, people prefer the groups with a 5/13 leader that's reserved everything than with a 13/13 mythic leader that want's a equal, fair chance of loot for all. Making a group isn't hard, half the time the leader doesn't even lead. People see my achievements, promote me to assist and make me lead their raids half the time. I've just completely sworn of pugs now. Screw my alts, I can't deal with the hassle surrounding pugs.

All you need to form a group is 2 hours of your time. If I logged in after work and made a pug, I wouldn't even have time to do the raid. It's not an option for me, so I have to live with loot from bonus rolls only.
    This, people keep saying to make your own group, but that takes a lot of time and Goes way faster if u start with a tank or a couple of healers.
    In legion every pug will be personal
    Deal With It

Deleted
    I have seen many dirty things done with ML to pugs so i think PL is very good for pug groups, even with only 1, it ensures equal chance of loot for everybody.

This poll is biased because you wrote no in capital laters unlike the others. Which draws attention. That said I voted no :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    well you trade ninjalooting for people selling loot they dont need.

pick your poison there is always something that can be abused.
    When someone ninjaloot. You get nothing. When someone sells their loot. You still have a shot at getting your own loot.

If they are going to disable it they should only lock it out if you use LFG. The static raid groups that have been running together, but are not all in one guild or on the same server should be able to choose the system they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    So happy that ML is gone. All these: LFM ilvl 730 HFC HC, all warlock gear reserved, group makers are so disappointed right now.
    Not really people can still do that, they just need a larger amount of guildies with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    No! The "everything I want is reserved" groups had become a cancer on this game.
    You can easily argue the players that act like they are forced into doing things they aren't are also a cancer. Nobody had to join these groups, the people that would join these runs then bitch about not getting anything are just as much of a problem.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    What do you think should happen? Should it be brought back? Personally I think it should.
    No and pugs have been great without it.

People are passing gear to others they don't need and not dealing with ninja looters and reserves is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    @DevoutChaos
    Raidlead provides you multiple services: No they don't
    - builds the group up considering the best setup In the majority of pugs that isn't true, they just invite the most high ilvl they see
    - checks every member is viable and well equipped to do his job Don't pug much do you? If this was the case people in pvp tier wouldn't be in pugs pre-patch
    - coordinates the group during the raid Ummm unless they are one of the tanks then this is rare to happen
    My answers are in the bolded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Well pugs won't have to worry about losing out on loot anymore, but they'll probably find it a lot harder to find a decent group with a solid raidleader.
    And yet people are doing it and clearing HFC right now.

Hell I ran two groups yesterday just for giggles. The people who didn't use LFG due to it being a cress-pool now will and replace those who leave it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I think the requirement to be able to use ML should be reduced to like 50% instead of 80%.
    Its 80% (and fair) because that is what it takes to count as a guild run to do anything else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Yeah well that sucks but this is a social game, maybe try find a guild or play a sp game?

Its also faster when blizzard would send me my purps to my mail, so either you are retarded or i dont know what you try to say
    Your a perfect example on why people don't join guilds or want ML in there pugs...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Some original poster in these forums right now wants to Ninja stuff.