Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Summon Random Fav Mount" doesnt summon Waterstriders while in water

Well, I guess its another Blizzard-style side blow for the community after they earned the shitstorm involving Waterstriders a few months ago.

... just jumped into the lake outside my Garrison, cast "Summon Random Favorite Mount" and guess what; Azure Waterstrider. Now in my case I have two favorite mounts so it's a 50/50 chance.

Maybe you just have too many favorites and RNGesus doesn't love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pure RNG.

Not sure what the issue is.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow your life must be hard as fuck if this is something you find worth whining over.

Because having it as a separate button for the rare occasion you need it is hard...

Blow to the community? are you serious? lol

And that is why I use GoGoMount instead.

Well, to be fair it doesn't say "Summon random favourite mount that would be most useful to you in your current situation"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Well, to be fair it doesn't say "Summon random favourite mount that would be most useful to you in your current situation"
    Uhm, it perfectly does in areas where you cant fly, can fly and underwater post and pre 7.0. They just removed the option for waterstriders.

Why remove QoL things unless its meant as a side blow? Any other explainations or just pure soapbox BS like "wow, you must have anything else to worry about in your life".

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have been removing QoL things for a while now. Get used to it.
    That's a crappy attitude.

I use gogomount addon, which does use the proper mount for every situation. I didn't realize the default UI used to work this way. It's a shame if it did and now it doesn't. In fact, I suggest reporting it as a bug.

Deleted
    They have been removing QoL things for a while now. Get used to it.
    Its more likely that I'll vote JMMOs devs as the better game designers since years. Some changes Blizzard implemented were directly against QoL and for no greater good other than making the game even more accessible.

I'll report the camera follow distance and mass rez bugs as well.
    They told us those are deliberate, so no.

Waterstrider has never summoned via favorite mounts unless you are on the surface of the water or it is your only favorite mount. Nothing is bugged. Just be on the surface. If your toon's camera is underwater, you're not guaranteed to get the strider. It has literally always worked like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Waterstrider has never summoned via favorite mounts unless you are on the surface of the water or it is your only favorite mount. Nothing is bugged. Just be on the surface. If your toon's camera is underwater, you're not guaranteed to get the strider. It has literally always worked like this.
    It's like talking to a brick wall if you try discussing with fanboys.

Waterstrider was summoned while you was swimming on the surface, even if you had all your mounts as fav

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Wow your life must be hard as fuck if this is something you find worth whining over.
    This .

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

Waterstrider was summoned while you was swimming on the surface, even if you had all your mounts as fav
    That is literally what I just said. Can you not read?

My point is that it still does.

just go druid XD travel form 1 button fly swim or ground - EASY

Any other explainations or just pure soapbox BS like "wow, you must have anything else to worry about in your life".
    To be honest the excessively dramatic approach you took in the OP deserves nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, it perfectly does in areas where you cant fly, can fly and underwater post and pre 7.0. They just removed the option for waterstriders.

Why remove QoL things unless its meant as a side blow? Any other explainations or just pure soapbox BS like "wow, you must have anything else to worry about in your life".
    Dude, click and drag the waterstrider mount to your hotbar. Now when you are near water, click your mount. Could not be any simpler.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like talking to a brick wall when the OP has zero reading comprehension. That's word for word what he said. Nothing is broken, nothing has changed.

I feel like the OP failed to realize that the waterwalking mounts only get summoned if you are 1.) On the surface of the water and 2.) Are in a no-flying area.

If you able to fly in a zone, and are on the surface of the water, it will ALWAYS pick a flying mount for you to ride. It has literally always been like this since the Favorite Mount button was added. Nothing has been changed, you just failed to think before you came onto the forums and ranted like an ignorant child.

EDIT: I guess, thinking more on this, for this reason alone, this thread probably needs to be closed by a moderator. The point the OP makes isn't even accurate and people who browse the forums and don't actually read the replies in this thread might believe what the OP is saying.