View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    I don't have a video of me, but one of our hunters who plays within the old "normal" viewing distance (so closer than is possible than in Legion made one on Mannoroth. You can see the whole area where the fight is going on all the time. Also on Archimonde, you can easily see 80% of the platform in phase 3 even when you are in melee range if you just adjust the angle right. No problems there. And I would question as to why you need to see the platforms all the time - it is no necessary or useful.

I don't get your problem with setting up markers. How many do you even place "infight"? There is not a single fight I can think of where max view distacne is needed to place some freaking markers.

And even if: you are unable to adjust your camera a bit if needed? Seriously? Then you have other problems that are not the cameras fault. There are multiple fights where the room doesn't allow you to zoom out a lot. What do you do there? Lay down and cry? Stop raidleading?
    Tbh that video looks awfull especially considering this hunter does jack all concerning raid mechanics and is 100% tunnelvisioning. He might as well turn of his raid frames.

He isn't even trying to bait felseekers like the others in the raid, doesn't surprise me though since he can't see them doing this since they run out of view.

I can't even see how they are handeling wraths and surprise this hunter does not soak/do jack, not to mention p2 I can't see jack what is going on.

I also can't see gaze handeling in p3, it is out of view (and again this hunter doesn't soak or do jack).
    Can only see half the shadowforce in p3 too so can't see how the other side is handeling it.

This video is plain awfull and painfull to watch... Would have been worse with people being hit by felseeker or being spread out due to errors, you can't even get a fix on them as a raidleader. This is a farm kill but imagine progression with people being mispositioned frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Even if they manage to fix their rendering issues, it still doesn't solve the problem of enormous NPCs, the floppy, flailing animations that are all over the place, and the spell effects which get brighter, flashier, and in greater quantity in every expansion. So there will still be motion sickness, eye strain, and headaches. A $50 box and $15 a month is too much to pay for a game that gives me severe headaches, has me vomiting, meanwhile the devs are unlikely to solve their rendering issues any time soon and will probably revert the zoom nerf. I doubt working on the rending issues is even on the schedule.
    If the new max camera has you vomiting with severe headaches i would go see a doctor personally. That doesn't sound normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is an opinion.
    Other players have said they managed fine.

And what do you think others are doing, dismissing anyone who says the zoom is fine as simply being wrong.
    You complain about my lack of evidence yet proceed to do the very same thing, making a claim without any.
    My evidence has been posted on these forums and you can verify ingame yourself, multiple creatures you physically cannot capture within your camera while in an appropriate position, yet you've conveniently ignored these the dozens of times they've been posted and 'disappear' from threads, at least temporarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    My evidence has been posted on these forums and you can verify ingame yourself, multiple creatures you physically cannot capture within your camera while in an appropriate position, yet you've conveniently ignored these the dozens of times they've been posted and 'disappear' from threads, at least temporarily.
    No one claimed it was easier or the same as before. This absolutely makes WoW harder. Blizzard decided that their game should have a closer zoomed in camera for reasons they laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by dethavin View Post
    Once again you are wrong. Just because they suggest using something they do not officially support as a company (Meaning they never added it in the game's settings) never once means they officially support it at a company level. Yes the option to do it was there, yes they knew about it and suggested people use it as workarounds for some things. Also if you use a console command or a addon to play the game not as intended that is by definition a hack. It would be a very very different story if this option was there in the system settings from day one but it never was so the general player who never even knew about this doesnt even care about it. What is happening is people like you and other Heroic/Mythic raiders who used a console command or a addon to get more camera zoom then the game supported are simply upset because they removed something that was never really OFFICIALLY in the game. It's not the end of the world, It does not affect your ability to raid or down content in the slightest. If you state otherwise you are seriously flat out lying. End of story.
    Yes...over 7 capped threads...people must be lying... Liars everywhere.

I can tell you right now truthfully as a 10 year high-end raider: the max zoom is interfering with my guilds capability of downing content ánd is negatively reducing their enjoyment of raiding. This is a roster of 30 people including extra's that joined higher ranked guilds.

So you just simply call us liars because it has no effect on you but it does on us, real classy man... Real classy.

Quote Originally Posted by dethavin View Post
    It literally sounds like you have epilepsy.... You are the only person in my 10+ years of wow I have ever heard say the game's graphics and flashing lights makes them literally vomit and makes them sick.
    No, it's not epilepsy nor does it literally sound like it. Puking and getting headaches from any kind of motion sickness is not a seizure. I'm barely photosensitive, but there's a limit before it starts a headache that if I push turns into a migraine. There's a point when the nausea hits, and if pushed has me puking. The rendering issues are making it worse, but even if they actually fix those it doesn't fix the other issues that I could handle just by zooming out as far as I needed to. Being capped at 29 yards means that more of my screen is dominated by boss movement, character movement, and spell effects which makes it more likely that I'll get motion sickness, and when it happens it happens sooner. Being able to pull out up to 50 yards meant I could reduce the size of the visuals that trigger it and either delay or prevent getting sick allowing me to enjoy raiding and other activities rather than cutting out on my friends.

They're never going to consider reducing boss size (hell, they're going to get bigger if anything), and spell effects are only get to get dialed up as time goes on.
    Last edited by manypillars; 2016-07-26 at 03:28 PM. Reason: grammar fails

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    So as many of you know since the Pre-Patch the maximum distance of the camera has been reduced to facesitting levels...
    My position on this is somebody who knows how to fucking read and turn the max distance for the camera further out in the interface settings. believe it or not, it is under the "Camera" category in the interface settings. You should probably quit the game. It has become too complicated for you. No...shhhhhhhhhhhh...*puts finger on your lips and whispers* just leave buddy, you're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Yes...over 7 capped threads...people must be lying... Liars everywhere.

I can tell you right now truthfully as a 10 year high-end raider: the max zoom is interfering with my guilds capability of downing content ánd is negatively reducing their enjoyment of raiding. This is a roster of 30 people including extra's that joined higher ranked guilds.

So you just simply call us liars because it has no effect on you but it does on us, real classy man... Real classy.
    Then the issue is with your players. If a camera is making them perform worse you should think about getting a new roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    No one claimed it was easier or the same as before. This absolutely makes WoW harder. Blizzard decided that their game should have a closer zoomed in camera for reasons they laid out.
    Actually many, many people have said it's no difference - see most of this thread. To top it off, I don't really give a shit about blizzards reasons since they simply fall short here. If they want to things to be harder for those who would use such things be more restrictive with what addons can do. Is it the cameras fault that the lines on mythic archi are easy? No, it's because addons trivialize it. We don't NEED to see because the addon confirms it due to advanced logging. This will just become more prevalent if it becomes more required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yes its abit annoyin, but not the end of the world annoyin like people act on forum
    It is if you are a melee or tank. Can't see anything but poorly rendered boss legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Mythic raid lead here: if you put the slider on max (which most of the cry babies here don't even know, I am certain), the maximum view distance is completely okay for every job. Yeah, it may be not as far as was possible before, but it is not unplayable or anything at all. Stop bitching.

Whoever wants to quit over this: back up your words afterwards so everyone can see what idiots you gyus are =)
    If you are a tank and a leader in a 1366x768 is really difficult to see all the players, if the bosses were smaller I will be happy but thats not the reality when you have to tank manoroth mythic and lead your team.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then the issue is with your players. If a camera is making them perform worse you should think about getting a new roster.
    A new roster isn't going to make tanks be able to see anything but the inside of a bosses crotch.

Absolutely correct.

If they are having issues playing with the new max camera, it is entirely a L2P issue. Millions of people have been able to play and perform for years without even knowing about the console command.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not just the max camera distance, is the fact that they made a lot of giant bosses in the last xpac, i really cant enjoy and lead my team in mythic manoroth because even with the old max distance camera is really difficult to see more than his giant body.

It's not what is making people I'll. So sick of seeing this. This camera distance has been in the game the whole time.
    But ya I'm already used to it. It's not I'm anyway a big deal.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    My position on this is somebody who knows how to fucking read and turn the max distance for the camera further out in the interface settings. believe it or not, it is under the "Camera" category in the interface settings. You should probably quit the game. It has become too complicated for you. No...shhhhhhhhhhhh...*puts finger on your lips and whispers* just leave buddy, you're done.
    All you prove with shit like this is that you had no idea that you could use a Console command BEFORE the patch to move the camera out to WAY further than the max that new slider provides now.

I am not a fan of the hyperbole being thrown around myself but I do miss the max distance I used to have from the console command. Jesus, someone even went to the effort of posting a direct comparison of actual screen footprints, something you clearly missed or wilfully ignored. Try to actually read the thread or do some research on a topic before you spout insults.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Let's be honest, if you quit over camera distance, you are already at the point of wanting to quit, or a whiny little bitch.
    Either is fine really .

I don't necessarily like it but I see why they're changing it. A huge field of view can give players more information than Blizzard wants them to have and as a result make the game a different experience than they intended. Does it bother me? Am I still getting used to it on live? Absolutely, but I can get where they're coming from.

In all honesty I like it when I feel like Blizzard is making changing to the game to steer it in a clear direction rather than just kissing the ass of the playerbase. I like it when they do shit I don't like and I know they know well that no player likes because their vision is different from what the current state is. For that reason I don't want to see them back out of max camera distance changes. I want to see Blizzard make the game they want and then I'll decide whether or not it's worth paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    LOL for someone who knows how to read you dont even have the slightest clue about what people are talking about on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Actually many, many people have said it's no difference - see most of this thread. To top it off, I don't really give a shit about blizzards reasons since they simply fall short here. If they want to things to be harder for those who would use such things be more restrictive with what addons can do. Is it the cameras fault that the lines on mythic archi are easy? No, it's because addons trivialize it. We don't NEED to see because the addon confirms it due to advanced logging. This will just become more prevalent if it becomes more required.
    I've read most of this thread, and while very few claimed it was no different, the vast majority have said "it's really far still" and that was stretched by some to mean "it's the same as before".

They aren't intentionally making the game harder as their main reason. A big part of this is some art is drawn for one scale and then the zoom makes it so small as to be invisible. That reason might not mean much to you, but it means enough to blizzard to make this change worthwhile.

There are positives to having the longer zoom, and there are positives to having the shorter zoom. Neither one is objectively correct and better at every level, so the choice becomes a matter of opinion....Blizzard's opinion to be specific. They choose to make the art more visible.