View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i also play a warrior and still see no issue.
    same with my dk and rogue.

but hey, apparently i have only 1 character
    Sure. I have trouble believing you, but ok.

If you don't have a problem, move on, because this won't affect you in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What do you know about a "basis of comparison"?

You're just a whiner after all. And as the topic proves, one of the most ridiculous kind.
    You literally just admitted that you didn't know that you could zoom out any further both before and after patch 7.0. Are you really that unintelligent that someone has to spell it out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I quit after a couple months of WoD because flying was delayed. When the tokens were made available so I didn't have to spend weeks grinding rep... I cam e back and flew.

I will do the same with Legion... the zoom thing pisses me off.. but not near as much as the people that who let their fellow players get screwed over flying. NOW they are in an uproar... and all I can say is... you GAVE Blizzard license to do whatever they want by NOT supporting your fellow players who felt really upset about losing flying til such a late point in an expansion.

Now you feel really upset about the camera zoom. I know, know, apples and oranges.

Not really... because if you simply saw it as Blizz taking something away from your fellow players and supported us... and we supported you... they wouldn't get away with this shit. As it is...

You are getting your stuffz taken just like we did. See how that works?
    One of the dumbest arguments ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Why don't we just set the camera to first person so no one can have any advantages?
    As soon as everyone gets the same comp keyboards mouse internet speed and a bunch of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Why don't we just set the camera to first person so no one can have any advantages?
    Because then that wouldn't fit with their current arguments that blizzy knows best. If Blizzy deemed ActionCam zoomed in was the way to go all these people claiming the distance is fine would turn around and become whining hypocrites themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    It's an even playing field. If you're not a keyboard turning clicker noob, you should be happy because you will now play that much better than others!

I don't see a problem here. We will now play the game as Bliz wanted it played. I hope they do not change it back. At the same time if there are clipping problems they should fix them.

Honestly it looks better for playing and watching the game (streaming).
    Yeah... no. Addons are still accessable, you can still buy better pc's with larger monitors, have more time on your hands etc.

For en even playingfield would you be willing to:
    Remove all addons
    Limit resolution to 1024 x 768
    Artificially increase latency to 120 ms to make sure noone playing on a wireless connection is at a disadvantage
    limit the game to 18 fps to make sure everyone playing on ancient toasters can keep up

If you like being zoomed in? fine. Do so. but let the rest of us zoom out as WE enjoy playing. i dont like being trappled in a little box watching boss-feet.

And for all the rest, what is it with the arrogance telling me how to play a GAME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "It bothers me, but I wasn't buying Legion anyways because of other reasons" option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Because then that wouldn't fit with their current arguments that blizzy knows best. If Blizzy deemed ActionCam zoomed in was the way to go all these people claiming the distance is fine would turn around and become whining hypocrites themselves.
    I'd simply quit, stating why in the form Blizzard provides when you do quit. I don't play FPS games, because FPS games suck. I wouldn't whine about it like these people complaining about the distance change are. I'd simply do what they should do, and quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I play Warrior used to play at max distance. I have tested the majority of raid bosses and every dungeon boss in Legion from both a melee dps and tank perspective, for me personally the camera distance has been a non-issue.

Deleted
    It is not that close. You can set the max camera distance in the interface options, by doing it can be quite far from your character. Not as far as it would be good in some situations, but this is was changed to make the game more difficult. If you can see yourself from a mile away, it might be easier to move around.

The arrival of the patch, and resetting the camera distance for everyone just helped create conflict and spread miss-information.

New default max distance (Near) is "10" from the old values
    New slider max distance (Far) is "30" from the old values.
    The old command brought the zoom to 50 About 66% extra.
    Along with the zoom change they also seem to have adjusted the Field Of View somewhat and added some shaky effects and movements.

There are 2 major complains:

1. Utility: A lot of players, specially Raiders and Raid Leaders (but not limited to), used to have the camera set a 50 and all the way zoomed out.
    This granted, when possible, a great overview of the combat zones and helped develop strategies and tasks.

2. Motion sickness: some player due new effects, fov, and zoom, are experiencing cases of motion sickness.
    It has been stated many cases that this is not an invention and they should not be mocked for it or treated as nut.

If this change does not affect you because you were not using the command you can move on, there's nothing to discus.
    No need to chastise other players; If they like being zoomed out and you like 1st person view, it's totally fine.

If this does affect you I think everyone should be able to voice their concerns; Devs are taking away something that has been in-game for a long time.
    Also, it is up to those peopple affected to decide what impact or how far will their reaction will go.

As a personal note; I play DK and raid lead a mythic guild.

Raid leading this last week has been harder as I missed a lot of the action going on around the bosses, specially in Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde.
    Therefore I'd like to get the old command back or just make 50 the new max.
    If it does not happen I'll probably give up Raid leading from a melee stand point as I'm not currently comfortable.

On the other hand I've also been experiencing motion sickness while playing and moving around, specially in dungeons.
    If the motion sickness does not get fixed I'll quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Unholy Death Knight: Cripple your opponent by slowly drowning them in a low FPS spiral of despair.
    Only playing DK

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    i dont like being trappled in a little box watching boss-feet.
    Hyperbole much?

Just logged in and did the math. When fully zoomed out currently in 7.0.3, my character takes up a mere 0.22% of the screen's pixels.

Just for the purpose of illustration:

Hardly "trapped in a little box."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Hyperbole much?

Just logged in and did the math. When fully zoomed out currently in 7.0.3, my character takes up a mere 0.22% of the screen's pixels.

Just for the purpose of illustration:

Hardly "trapped in a little box."

We've lost roughly 70% of our FoV from before the patch. Try zooming in around 50% compared to your usual setting and play around for a week and tell me you dont feel claustrophobic.

Furthermore, what business of yours will it ever be what other people do in a game? The biggest advantage of them all is still being able to play excessive hours for progression. If I prefer playing in a way that makes me feel good - why shouldn't i be allowed to? it has no implications on your gaming experience at all.

Noone is gaining a thing from this change, but a lot of us are losing something. Imagine being a motorcycle driver and suddenly being asked to carry around a spare wheel... while listening to everyone driving a car going "We dont care, this doesnt affect you much, you can still go fast".
    Last edited by Syenite; 2016-07-26 at 07:41 PM.

I raided with my camera further out than I'm allowed under the new changes but I don't see it as a big deal. I'll get used to it after playing for a little while. I think it makes sense for Blizz to have a maximum distance and design their encounters and game as a whole based on that. If the encounters become more difficult as a result, then I look forward to the additional challenge. I'm a raid leader also.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    One of the dumbest arguments ever.
    Perhaps from your perspective... and yet you are the one now crying the blues about something taken away from you. Everyone is a whiny baby until it's your sucker that gets tossed in the dirt. Suddenly it's a serious and important matter. Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is why your zoom is by default bound to scroll, so it's convenient to change.
    It's more convenient not needing to zoom in at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... no. Addons are still accessable, you can still buy better pc's with larger monitors, have more time on your hands etc.

Remove all addons
    Artificially increase latency to 120 ms to make sure noone playing on a wireless connection is at a disadvantage
    limit the game to 18 fps to make sure everyone playing on ancient toasters can keep up

If you like being zoomed in? fine. Do so. but let the rest of us zoom out as WE enjoy playing. i dont like being trappled in a little box watching boss-feet.

And for all the rest, what is it with the arrogance telling me how to play a GAME.
    As you say, it's a GAME, Blizzard sets the rules and they already told you why.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove all addons

Yeah, no... All of those things are all options for other players as well. Same same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gusilol View Post
    The arrival of the patch, and resetting the camera distance for everyone just helped create conflict and spread miss-information.

New default max distance (Near) is "10" from the old values
    New slider max distance (Far) is "30" from the old values.
    The old command brought the zoom to 50 About 66% extra.
    Along with the zoom change they also seem to have adjusted the Field Of View somewhat and added some shaky effects and movements.

There are 2 major complains:

1. Utility: A lot of players, specially Raiders and Raid Leaders (but not limited to), used to have the camera set a 50 and all the way zoomed out.
    This granted, when possible, a great overview of the combat zones and helped develop strategies and tasks.

2. Motion sickness: some player due new effects, fov, and zoom, are experiencing cases of motion sickness.
    It has been stated many cases that this is not an invention and they should not be mocked for it or treated as nut.

If this change does not affect you because you were not using the command you can move on, there's nothing to discus.
    No need to chastise other players; If they like being zoomed out and you like 1st person view, it's totally fine.

If this does affect you I think everyone should be able to voice their concerns; Devs are taking away something that has been in-game for a long time.
    Also, it is up to those peopple affected to decide what impact or how far will their reaction will go.

As a personal note; I play DK and raid lead a mythic guild.

Raid leading this last week has been harder as I missed a lot of the action going on around the bosses, specially in Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde.
    Therefore I'd like to get the old command back or just make 50 the new max.
    If it does not happen I'll probably give up Raid leading from a melee stand point as I'm not currently comfortable.

On the other hand I've also been experiencing motion sickness while playing and moving around, specially in dungeons.
    If the motion sickness does not get fixed I'll quit.
    Bliz already said the motion sickness is not because of the camera distance, so wait for the problem to be fixed. Or spread this nonsense more?

Also, less zoom adds gameplay. Just don't be a bad.
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-07-26 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    You literally just admitted that you didn't know that you could zoom out any further both before and after patch 7.0. Are you really that unintelligent that someone has to spell it out for you?
    LOL. You're seriously lying and making shit up, hoping it would cover up how you put your foot in your mouth? Wow, that's embarrassing ... how old are you? 12?

Where did I say that I didn't know that you could zoom out BEFORE 7.0? What's wrong with you? I had camera maxed out via script like everyone else. What I didn't know was that in 7.0, you could actually still zoom out more than the DEFAULT SETTING. If the default setting was really the maximum distance, I would have actually had some understanding for your lame ass, ridiculous, embarrassing, petty, juvenile whining. Seems like YOU'RE the one that still doesn't know how to zoom out the camera in this game.

Ironicall, you're the one "that unintelligent that someone had to spell it out for you". And for Christ's sake, learn to read, it's not a luxury in the part of the world you live in.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been raiding fully zoomed out since wotlk, then they nerfed how far you can zoom out in cata or mop and i hated it. now they nerfed it again and i'm going to hate it. i don't mind it on the beta but i haven't really bothered with any raid content on it. i'm mostly a heroic raider with some casual mythics. the type that full clears the final raid tier but none of the other tiers.

honestly not even feeling like playing legion. i haven't bought it yet so i've got time to decide what i want to do thankfully. i doubt my guild will care if i'm gone. i never talk anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post

Yeah, no... All of those things are all options for other players as well. Same same.

Bliz already said the motion sickness is not because of the camera distance, so wait for the problem to be fixed. Or spread this nonsense more?
    So is zooming out further. It has never been a secret how to type "/console CameraDistanceMax 50", you could get an azddon to do it for youm, and noone is advocating it must be a console command. Just add it to the ingame slider.

Because blizzards developers hold medical degrees. They are game developers, software engineers and the like. Just because they think something may be the cause it doesnt mean it's the only one.

And your bs about it adding gameplay? no, if anything it takes it away. Now we get to stare at even more bars and arrows because we cant see things ourselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    If that's far to you, I have no idea how you even play the game honestly. Like, do you actually play with the camera at near? It's really not very far compared to what was available before. I really hope you're just trolling and not actually that clueless.
    I actually really hope that youre not his mad over something youll adjust to in a week. Barring your stubborness, Im sure an addon will fix your problem so we dont have to listen to this dribble...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I actually really hope that youre not his mad over something youll adjust to in a week. Barring your stubborness, Im sure an addon will fix your problem so we dont have to listen to this dribble...
    That's the whole point. Addons cannot fix this. If it doesnt affect you, great. But why does it bother you that other people like other things than yourself?