Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    You generally lose alot of sustain by going Crusade. It might be worth tho with extended duration+traits and trinkets like Horn from Halls of Valor tho. Kinda want patchwerky encounters for that tho. DP adds up to quite alot of holy power into finishers in those judgement windows in a long run.
    I think this is BS. In the duration of one Crusade I'm doing about 12 million damage. In one Avenging Wrath with no DP procs I'm doing about 7 mil. Averaging 2 DP procs per Avenging Wrath, that goes up to ~8 mil. I really don't think DP is making up for an extra 4 million damage over 1:30 even with god tier procs. My own tests have shown this to be true as well. And you don't always get god procs anyway. Sometimes you get dry spells, and that's when Crusade really blows DP out of the water.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think this is BS.
    He's talking about sustained DPS, not burst DPS - Neldarie's point is just that outside of Crusade / Avenging Wrath you're losing damage.

Ashes to Ashes first, no doubt about that. The 5hp from using the Ashbringer ability is pretty hard to pass up.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    He's talking about sustained DPS, not burst DPS - Neldarie's point is just that outside of Crusade / Avenging Wrath you're losing damage.
    Well, that would still be wrong. Sustained Crusade is stronger. Yes, you get no benefit from it while it's not active, but that benefit is so strong that the DP procs you get during that 1:30 downtime does not make up for losing Crusade. That is what it means to have higher sustained damage.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-07-19 at 06:38 PM.

This is a best guess only for max single target to become raid ready. Please note: I'm not sure if artifact respect is on Beta, if a Theory crafter with a gold pool could test and support with parse data, I know folks would appreciate it. The goal is to get to Ashes to Ashes using dps single target increases:

1.) Deliver the Justice
    2.) Sharpened Edge
    3.) Wrath of the Ashbringer
    4.) Highlord's Judgement
    5.) Endless Resolve
    6.) Might of the Templar
    7.) Ashes to Ashes
    8.) Deflection
    9.) Echo of the Highlord
    Now AoE
    10.) Righteous Blade
    11.) Embrace the Light
    12.) Divine Tempest

Feel bad for publishing that, we really need people who is giving us benched test data, not opinions. I love to see data on relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowangel View Post
    This is a best guess only for max single target to become raid ready. Please note: I'm not sure if artifact respect is on Beta, if a Theory crafter with a gold pool could test and support with parse data, I know folks would appreciate it. The goal is to get to Ashes to Ashes using dps single target increases:

1.) Deliver the Justice
    2.) Sharpened Edge
    3.) Wrath of the Ashbringer
    4.) Highlord's Judgement
    5.) Endless Resolve
    6.) Might of the Templar
    7.) Ashes to Ashes
    8.) Deflection
    9.) Echo of the Highlord
    Now AoE
    10.) Righteous Blade
    11.) Embrace the Light
    12.) Divine Tempest

Feel bad for publishing that, we really need people who is giving us benched test data, not opinions. I love to see data on relics.
    I'm wondering if it's is better to go straight to Ashes to Ashes with a level 9 Ashbringer going:
    1.) Righteous Blade
    2.) Unbreakable Will
    3.) Protector of the Ashen Blade
    4.) Ashes to Ashes

or do what Lowangel suggests and getting Ashes to Ashes at level 18.

What level artifact is expected upon first hitting level 110? Is it feasible to get AtA while leveling? Obviously those other talents doing the AtA at 18 are very impactful, but is it more impactful than getting AtA early? Would you still be able to get AtA before raiding starts?

I never got into beta, so I have no idea.

Which path did you take? I'm guessing the quickest one to AtA?

This is how I did it on beta. Going AoA with your first 8 points and build from that would be a horrible mistake as the first 7 points that way would generally be the last 7 points you allocate. Respecing once you have enough points to do what I linked would also be a horrible waste imo.

You don't need AoA to level with and making an effort you should have AoA within a few days to a week from hitting 110 anyway, this with the added benefit of almost every point on the way actually being the meat of the passives you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    is how I did it on beta. Going AoA with your first 8 points and build from that would be a horrible mistake as the first 7 points that way would generally be the last 7 points you allocate. Respecing once you have enough points to do what I linked would also be a horrible waste imo.

You don't need AoA to level with and making an effort you should have AoA within a few days to a week from hitting 110 anyway, this with the added benefit of almost every point on the way actually being the meat of the passives you want.
    Your path seems best for Ret main. I plan to main Holy so I will only put 9 points to get ashes then move to the Holy artifact for a few months.

Deleted
    So its clear that Ashes to Ashes is a must trait to have by the time the raid releases.
    That gives us around two weeks after Legion launch

From what ive read is that first 12 points come really fast. After that it slows down.

Ive found two paths

1. Shortest but spending 4 points on non dps traits
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...wNAMV8BFhAU-wE
    Thats 9 points spent, means we also get Deliver the Justice then things slow down.

2. Longer and most optimal dps route, takes 19 points:
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...NQMV4BFhAU-wEA

So my question is to beta testers. Do you think its possible to take the longer route and still get Ashes to Ashes for raid launch without too much AP grind?
    Last edited by mmocba676b58bd; 2016-07-26 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaarius View Post
    So my question is to beta testers. Do you think its possible to take the longer route and still get Ashes to Ashes for raid launch without too much AP grind?
    Define too much grind...

I did mine to AoA the long way as I said above and think it took me about a week to get there after hitting 110. That's with me playing really casually by my own standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Define too much grind...

I did mine to AoA the long way as I said above and think it took me about a week to get there after hitting 110. That's with me playing really casually by my own standards.
    Every day do a few dungeons and daily world quests that reward AP.
    Last edited by mmocba676b58bd; 2016-07-27 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaarius View Post
    Every day do a few dungeons and daily world quests that reward AP.
    Then you should be fine, I'd say doing the daily heroic and 4-5 world quests a day that gives AP and you should have it within a week or so after hitting 110. (Also focusing your followers on AP missions if available.)

10+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it from what I've read here, JV should only be used for DP procs?
    Currently I don't feel like I am doing any damage, I try to use JV mainly, with 3 procs in a row (4xJV back to back) all I managed to pull was 30k DPS, that's with 695 ilvl and same ilvl weapon, then a DK on boss fight pulled something crazy like 150k (he had Mythic gear I believe).
    PM me weird stuff :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    As I understand it from what I've read here, JV should only be used for DP procs?
    Currently I don't feel like I am doing any damage, I try to use JV mainly, with 3 procs in a row (4xJV back to back) all I managed to pull was 30k DPS, that's with 695 ilvl and same ilvl weapon, then a DK on boss fight pulled something crazy like 150k (he had Mythic gear I believe).
    I dont understand why this surprises you though. Let alone that UH DK destroys us on both AoE and ST, your ilvl is really low and on top of that he had mythic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    I dont understand why this surprises you though. Let alone that UH DK destroys us on both AoE and ST, your ilvl is really low and on top of that he had mythic gear.
    That's fine since I only do LFR and plan on that in Legion, as for 5mans I play holy/prot. What bummed me out was that warr who was tanking was pulling ahead of me on DPS, didn't check his gear D:
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    That's fine since I only do LFR and plan on that in Legion, as for 5mans I play holy/prot. What bummed me out was that warr who was tanking was pulling ahead of me on DPS, didn't check his gear D:
    Well, as a prot paladin with a 742 ilvl, I burst for about 400k off the pull. In Legion, dps are generally balanced around doing about 15-20% more damage than tanks single target if the tanks are focusing their rotation and build around damage. Mythic HFC gear compared to LFR gear will increase your dps by a factor of 10-20 depending on class/spec and a few other factors. That's just how ilvl works. Not to mention 795 ring.