Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

WotlK Timewalking... WTF is happening?

edit: ok after doing a view other Timewalking it looks like its only Pit of Saron...

So i registered a spike in difficulty while doing the TBC Timewalking dungeons. Tank getting destroyed by big groups of trash etc... but now with WotlK timewalking dungeons it feels like Blizzard really really screwed up royally.

My first dungeon was the Nexus:
    The first patrol chain silenced me till the Tank dies... not the best Tank but still its a quable RND dungeon. It felt really really bad. Silence Chains kept happening till shortly after the second boss. (and No its not about range, i was standing far away even if would have liked to stay close because of my paladin aura)

after that it was OK ish.

Pit of Saron:
    ohhhhh boy... the first 2 Bosses where kinda ok... you had to do the mechanics but thats ok...
    the last boss:
    Let me get one thing strait.. its NOT fun having a boss hitting with 37k+ if your tank has ~45k hp and there are stun/anti heal mechanics involved and the tanks got almost no selfheal. it took me 3 tanks and 9dds who left before we managed to get a kill.

Its not about if its possible... yes it is.. but this is a QUABLE random dungeon. Its way way way way way harder then any mythic dungeon. and thats just bad.

Ahn'kahet:
    nothing to complain here, still got a wipe because of the spell-Spiders but thats OK too.
    Last edited by Bloodorem; 2016-07-27 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because tonight I did those exact three dungeons myself. Nexus wasn't that bad, wiped on the first boss and the last, but the rest was smooth going. Ahn'kahet was smooth going the entire time.

Pit of Saron though. Holy shit. Multiple wipes on the first boss before we got the strat down (I didn't check others gear, but they all seemed like they knew what they were doing, and at least two of us had heroic/mythic raid gear). The second boss we one shot, but the third boss. Holy shit the third boss. It had gotten to over 10 wipes before I had to call it quit because it was getting too late and I wasn't sure if we were actually going to down it or not. Granted the tank wasn't the best at kiting, but for a timewalking dungeon, we were all following the strat of the fight pretty well. DPS would stop when linked, tank would move the boss appropriately, and the healer was pretty dang good, but it was just death after death.

i was in as fury dd, and holy fuck the tanks this days are STUPID as fuck. they dont know mechanics at all, and get oneshot from stuff because they dont use their migitation abilities and pull big groups. especially those average bear druids are like the most stupid tanks ever.

Yes dmg on tanks is big if u dont use any tank abilities and just stand there and take face like a fucking mage tank

so after the first few wipes and our bear was like blaming the helaer, we votekick him. Ii respec tank and go in. NO FUCKING PROBLEM. just use your migitation abilities as tank. Its mostly stupid tanks, and people not following the fights mechanics.

Pit of saron is totaly np if tank kites enrage over frostpatches, and peopel are aware of their curse (or whatever it is). IF th tank gets those 40 k hits , its because he is stupid. btw: back than in wotlk, the enrage killed raid geared tanks too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only real problem is pulling several packs and expecting to live now as a tank. I just dialed it back a pack or two from what I normally did and it was okay.

The hardest part as a tank (like a blood DK) is that your healer does actually need to heal you from time to time, and given how trash can some of the healers are, expect to die if they aren't paying attention. I did pretty much all the WoTLK TW dungeons and the only thing that was a threat was pulling too much trash in a few of the instances. Died to the last boss in the Nexus because my healer had a billion stacks of the debuff and I fell over near the end.

Didn't wipe to it but the last boss in Pit of Saron was bugged for us and his frost patches were graphically wrong, meaning that when the first one landed you had an area covered in snow that looked to encompass nearly the entire area. Of course the entire area wasn't a patch you could kite him over, but it showed snow everywhere making it difficulty to actually know where to kite him over.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i was in as fury dd, and holy fuck the tanks this days are STUPID as fuck. they dont know mechanics at all, and get oneshot from stuff because they dont use their migitation abilities and pull big groups. especially those average bear druids are like the most stupid tanks ever.

Yes dmg on tanks is big if u dont use any tank abilities and just stand there and take face like a fucking mage tank

so after the first few wipes and our bear was like blaming the helaer, we votekick him. Ii respec tank and go in. NO FUCKING PROBLEM. just use your migitation abilities as tank. Its mostly stupid tanks, and people not following the fights mechanics.

Pit of saron is totaly np if tank kites enrage over frostpatches, and peopel are aware of their curse (or whatever it is). IF th tank gets those 40 k hits , its because he is stupid. btw: back than in wotlk, the enrage killed raid geared tanks too.
    Nope, the enraged hits are a wet noodle in Timewalking. The knockback smash that's unavoidable does like 50k though. I died as a prot paladin topped off through SOTR and 2PT18 with the resto shaman health buff. Killed it second attempt with two smashes, had to use GoAK for the first and AD for the second. Seems just a touch overtuned. Still dropped to half HP through GoAK and all of the above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pit of Saron is broken. Unmitigated, Tyrannus's slam does 60k damage and the tank has around 40k health, and you can't predict when he uses it. The ground graphic is bugged so you can't see where he puts the frost circles. The ONLY way I was able to get him down this week was in a guild group with a hunter who cheesed it by spam rezzing their pet and kiting him using every group member's taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Pit of Saron is broken. Unmitigated, Tyrannus's slam does 60k damage and the tank has around 40k health, and you can't predict when he uses it. The ground graphic is bugged so you can't see where he puts the frost circles. The ONLY way I was able to get him down this week was in a guild group with a hunter who cheesed it by spam rezzing their pet and kiting him using every group member's taunt.
    You can, you just gotta use the Force. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Or the tank just learn's to kite, and pop all CD's when the 2-3 times boss should only reach you.

I agree the hole instance is HORRID....like the worst, but it is doable with good kiting...granted as feral druid I have it easy with travel form and just nuking to 80% on pull before 1st kite
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The discussion is not if its possible or not. It definitely is... but its not tuned for LFG -tool instance, not even close.

You just have to read the comments -> "just perma kite it", "press every cd you have and burst him down before CDs run out", "have DDs taunt him", "pet tank and rezz...." that's no tactic a random group is even remotely capable off and to be honest it shouldn't be.

That should be high Mythic+

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last boss in Pit of Saron isn't getting any slow effect right now when he enrages.

seems there's always something wrong with tyrannus.. last time he would bug out and now it's this covering the whole ground in snow stuff going on

There's been a lot of buggy ground effects though not just TW. Like on Iskar it'll say you have Fel Incineration even if you don't, Ice Blocking fixes that though. Then on Kilrogg, the pools left by Heartseeker seem huge in comparison to their graphic. There was one that actually covered the whole room, so something is definitely going wrong here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorem View Post
    Let me get one thing strait.. its NOT fun having a boss hitting with 37k+ if your tank has ~45k hp and there are stun/anti heal mechanics involved and the tanks got almost no selfheal. it took me 3 tanks and 9dds who left before we managed to get a kill.
    Now I know what people are responsible for what WoW has become. You disgust me.

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-07-28 at 05:54 AM.

the entire ground is turning white but iam pretty sure not all of it is actually the effect, just its color. You cant tell which one will slow if you and tyrn walk on it unless you run into it by accident.

There are 2 issues,the graphical issue with the ice (which is Prepatch related)
    and the INSANE speed he gets when enraged,rather than SLOWED that he was back in BC making kiting him somewhat less hazardous

You can time the knockback hits with cooldowns,pop everything at the start and build as much threat as possible,then kite kite kite kite over ice as much as possible otherwise and dont even bother tanking

Last boss in Pit of Saron = never tank always kite

Quote Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
    Now I know what people are responsible for what WoW has become. You disgust me.
    Im really curious... because i stayed in there and let people into the group to get the kill? or because i think a 37k hit while my heals do 5k is a bit excessive for a LFG dungeon?

to be honest i would be ok with all of that if it wasn't lfg.

love new timewalk difficulty, pleas don't nerf blizz

last boss in pit of saron have a serious bug, you should have a ice path to kite him when he buff himself, but now you have 2/3 of the floor white and dont have a ice path do kite him slowly

Good thing I already have all the items from the last WotLK timewalking. Is there any other good reason to run them?