Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wishbone346 View Post
    A child court will almost certainly try for rehabilitation while an adult court is more likely to send them to a regular facility as punishment. This is 100% about the punishment they'll get in the end because no matter which court system they're tried in they will get a fair trial.
    My problem is that you take away their right to be seen as having been children at the age of 12 without the backing of a court ruling on their guilt or innocence.
    What will we do next, take away the right of free speech from anyone accused of murder? The right to defend themselves in court? Maybe their right to have a lawyer?
    I'm sure the victims (of the crimes they are accused of) will be all for it! Revenge without fail, regardless if you got the right culprit!

- - - Updated - - -

Even if they can be rehabilitated they still took a life.
    He meant 'rehabilitated' in the legals sense of 'was prooven innocent lateron'. As in: They didn't take the life they were accused of taking.

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly did they determine that 4%? Did they go by how many guys said "I didn't do it"? Did they just make a guess? There's no way of knowing the actual number without having the ability to read minds or see the past. You really need to stop believing everything people tell you.
    It is actually pretty basic statistics that allow you to be very confident about these numbers - they just don't tell you who is innocent and who isn't, you need to investigate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They plotted for months to kill their 'friend', I'm glad this little pieces of human garbage has the full weight of the law coming down on them.

personally I'm a strong believer in the punishment fitting the crime, so drop them both in the middle of a vast forest and scare the shit out of them.
    Yep, drop murderers in the forest. What could go wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You cannot trial a 13-y.o. girl as 'an adult'. They are too young to stand a trial at all. This decision is barbaric.
    Should visit the U.K.

We once gave a full adult trial to two young children aged 10 and 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You cannot trial a 13-y.o. girl as 'an adult'. They are too young to stand a trial at all. This decision is barbaric.
    How is it any more "barbaric" than trying them as juveniles?

How exactly did they determine that 4%? Did they go by how many guys said "I didn't do it"? Did they just make a guess? There's no way of knowing the actual number without having the ability to read minds or see the past. You really need to stop believing everything people tell you.
    Stop trusting the Department of Justice who is responsible for pretty much everything? Are you serious? You're just being willfully ignorant here.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Should visit the U.K.

We once gave a full adult trial to two young children aged 10 and 11.
    And when exactly was this? 50 years ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    And when exactly was this? 50 years ago?

But the precedence has been ruled on that children can face adult courts if the crime is serious enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Appeals Court Rules Slender Man Suspects To Be Tried As Adults...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sle...-tried-n617871

Looks like we'll be able to follow the details of the trial after all.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So the two girls that tried to kill their friend because "Slenderman told them to," will stand trial as adults.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...313-story.html
    Why do we even have the whole "You are a minor, tried as a minor," if we regularly just try kids as adults?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Why do we even have the whole "You are a minor, tried as a minor," if we regularly just try kids as adults?
    Because we do try kids as kids all the time. The only stories that are newsworthy though are the ones that are so heinous that rehabilitation is unlikely or warranting a mandatory harsh penalty, such as murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they will be tried as adults doesn't mean they will be punished as adults.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Imagine the trial was public and a guest walked in disguised as slenderman
    There is a real possibility that, seeing Slenderman appear in their defense, the two girls would devote themselves entirely to the service of their dark lord - and commence to murdering everyone in the room.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Because we do try kids as kids all the time. The only stories that are newsworthy though are the ones that are so heinous that rehabilitation is unlikely or warranting a mandatory harsh penalty, such as murder.
    Trying kids as adults for some crimes is purely arbitrary. "OH that was a super bad crime! ADULTHOOD THEN!" Which completely ignores why we try people as children. Biologically they are not suddenly "Oh their adults!" as if only adults can do X and Children Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    There is a real possibility that, seeing Slenderman appear in their defense, the two girls would devote themselves entirely to the service of their dark lord - and commence to murdering everyone in the room.
    ALL HAIL OUR LORD CTH---we mean Slenderman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    ALL HAIL OUR LORD CTH---we mean Slenderman.
    Yea that's really the problem with kids today, in my day we worshipped Cthulhu, the unfathomable Void, Slaanesh, and Lolth.

Kids today with their slendermen and their christian greys...

Edit: It occurs to me how much better 50 Shades might have been, if Christian Grey had instead been a Christian-worshipping, Grey (alien).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure how these two little girls would murder everyone in the room, but I suppose it's possible they'd simply lose their shit. Not so sure after watching the tearful confession though.
    I was joking, I do not expect them to evolve into Khornate Berserkers and begin collecting skulls for the skull throne.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Because people are stupid.
    There is no clear kids or adults split.
    There is simply them having knowledge of the consequences of their actions or not.

That part of the law is at best horribly outdated, and more accurately simply flawed.
    There has never been some magical age at which someone transitions from a child without knowledge of their actions to an adult with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    murder is murder they should be sentenced as adults or maybe they should be sprayed with BBQ sauce and thrown into a pack of wolfs

Why do we even have juvenile detention facilities/sentencing laws for minors if we're going to have children stand trial as adults whenever the hell we feel like it?

I don't know why. That's just one of many barbarisms which you won't find in Europe but in America...

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Oh joy. Another thread that will devolve into "We should pat them on the back and sentence them to a few weeks of outpatient therapy!" or "WE SHOULD FUCKING RIP THE SINFUL FLESH FROM THEIR EMACIATED BODIES AFTER TORTURING THEM FOR WEEKS!"

/Hyperbole.
    There is no "or". Bolded text is correct.