Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Except that every study of modern welfare shows that the overwhelming majority of its recipients are temporarily such, given the stringent requirements in most states for remaining on unemployment and/or jobless benefits/financial aid. Even food stamps are a bitch and a half to get in some states unless you're feeding a family of five on two minimum-wage jobs.
    The people who actually believe that IronHorn thinks would much rather just have the poor die off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    The Democratic party is still racist they pander to the Black vote but they never really improve the situation for the Black Community. Because if they were not suffering they would no longer need the Democrats. Welfare does not lift people out of poverty it makes poverty bearable.
    Your entire statement is ludacris. They lift them out of poverty to make poverty bearable but don't do anything to improve the situation? Tell me, which is an improvement, poverty or bearable poverty? You can't have it both ways.

This is traditional racist republican mantra at its best that you are shoveling. One only shovels shit and dirt and this smells like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Excuse you? Nixon was the first president to successfully use the southern strategy. The southern strategy of course being what brought about the current platforms of the two major parties.
    False Humphrey was so unpopular an independent won states Nixon had nothing to do with it. The Democrats were the party of Vietnam and racial violence at the time thats why they lost so big.

i'm pretty sick of the overall obsession with slavery. it happened, get over it, seriously.

there's other peoples that were likely enslaved for a hell of a long longer than the blacks of america were. like the blacks of africa that are still enslaved by their own to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It is called exageration, hence why I mentioned their 'special weakness' to it, the military slaughter of entire tribes didn't help any either.
    You mean the military slaughter of Native American tribes that came at the hands of the joint military of other Native American tribes with the settlers? That one? I only ask because after many years of trading with the Native Americans, they became a formidable fight force as they displayed in the Black Hills War where they were able to tie or even win battles against the US army which could hardly be called a "slaughter".

Also, you didn't call it a "special weakness" just a "weakness", but whatever, if it was an exaggeration then fine, I take back what I said about revisionism. Sarcasm is too hard to pick up over text >.<

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm pretty sick of the overall obsession with slavery. it happened, get over it, seriously.
    Spoken by a true white person.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Even if your master took your 'wife' in his bed chambers every week and sold your child to someone else because 'Look at his daddy! That's some good workin stock right there!" Something tells me you speak from a position of not knowing what the hell you are talking about because you didn't experience it yourself.
    Yeah, you are right, I dont know what I am talking about because I was never a slave and neither were you.

Modern Republicans have been coasting off Lincoln since the 1960s any time someone points out the blatant racism inherent in the party platform. Kinda like the old man sitting in the park still trying to coast off his high school glory days as the quarterback, ending every wistful reminiscence with "I coulda gone pro," but never explaining why he didn't.
    No party owns racism. Both parties contain racists, Republicans are seen as the party of bigots because of the vocal minority. Democrats are smart enough to not display their bigotry for everyone to see. They are smart enough to realize that they need those votes to maintain their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I only ask because after many years of trading with the Native Americans, they became a formidable fight force as they displayed in the Black Hills War where they were able to tie or even win battles against the US army which could hardly be called a "slaughter".
    So, wait, they learned to fight back and that means they wernt slaughtered? You need a lesson in logic, my friend. That post lacks a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Yeah, you are right, I dont know what I am talking about because I was never a slave and neither were you.
    Learn perspective and empathy. Itd do you some good.

No party owns racism. Both parties contain racists, Republicans are seen as the party of bigots because of the vocal minority. Democrats are smart enough to not display their bigotry for everyone to see. They are smart enough to realize that they need those votes to maintain their power.
    Incorrect, Republicans are seen as racists because they do nothing to fight the racists who hold power in their party.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I am sick of it too. It has become the crutch of the black community. You dont hear Asians bring up slavery every time someone mentions our great rail system.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    Yes, in that they helped the process. Bringing supplies, painting, yard work, stone placement etc etc

But no, they were not alone. They were what we call now the helpers on site.
    After the British burned the first one down lololol.

I will also note that there are more white people on Welfare than Black people. Black people represent 13% of the population, Whites represent 49%. Of SNAP recipients 40.2% are white and 25.7% are black. So 40% of the 49% of whites are on Welfare, 25.7% of 13% of Blacks are on welfare.

So basically when it comes to welfare it is saying, "I am going to eat 25% of this cupcake and you eat 50% of that cake and lets see which one is fat in the end."

But I guess the Democrats are responsible for all those white people on welfare as well.

You dont hear Asians bring up slavery every time someone mentions our great rail system.
    Who talks about "our great rail system"? Lol what year is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Incorrect, Republicans are seen as racists because they do nothing to fight the racists who hold power in their party.
    What racists hold power?

15+ Year Old Account
    Modern Republicans have been coasting off Lincoln since the 1960s any time someone points out the blatant racism inherent in the party platform. Kinda like the old man sitting in the park still trying to coast off his high school glory days as the quarterback, ending every wistful reminiscence with "I coulda gone pro," but never explaining why he didn't.
    Also convienently ignoring the whole Southern Strategy, in which the Republicans intentionally courted all the racists to vote for them around that time.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Who talks about "our great rail system"? Lol what year is it?
    So you have never seen the CSX Rail commercials? Despite what you think, a lot of our shit is still moved by freight.

it's ancient history at this point. there's not a single point in caring or thinking about it in today's society. it's pointless.

basically all of human society was built on slavery, probably going back into the days of proto humans and neanderthals. it's just a thing we did. if you were part of a weaker group of people, you likely got dominated and that was it.

the world's mostly different. instead of wining about what happened a couple hundred years ago, go fight current slavery in africa and the middle east. but that's a lot more dangerous than wining about the evil white man, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Slavery is awful, and I'm glad to live in a society today that prosecutes handlers, and traffickers. I know slavery is still around - know, the places that still condone it are absolutely horrible places.

Again, slavery is VERY bad - whoever disagree's has no idea what a hard life looks like

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's ancient history at this point. there's not a single point in caring or thinking about it in today's society. it's pointless.

basically all of human society was built on slavery, probably going back into the days of proto humans and neanderthals. it's just a thing we did. if you were part of a weaker group of people, you likely got dominated and that was it.

the world's mostly different. instead of wining about what happened a couple hundred years ago, go fight current slavery in africa and the middle east. but that's a lot more dangerous than wining about the evil white man, isn't it?
    Why are you complaining about these people? There are bigger problems in the world. Go fight injustice in other area, but that's a whole lot more dangerou than whining about the evil complainers, isn't it?