Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Actually being good at it? If you want to go into what makes a good programmer and call that a skill it's basically being able to understand how things work together relatively fast and be able to come up with solutions to problems that don't break more than they fix.
    https://xkcd.com/303/

/shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm reminded of the school teacher who once said that she had 20 students in her class, and every one of them is a genius. She said that the trick was finding what and where did each student excel at.
    I'm pretty good at multi-variable calculus. Also pretty good at peeling potatoes.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    They dont need to have another man share with them. You set a goal in life and move towards it. If you bump into a obstacle start figuring out how to go around it. After you get around it stay on course. Rinse and repeat untill you reach your goal. You may have to do extra work, jump extra hoops, and see other people have it easier. That doesnt matter, you are not other people. You are yourself and relish the fact that if you can overcome obstacles they didnt had to then you have experience and built in hardiness to tackle them again if they show up. Dont bitch on hardship, let it temper you.
    Goal what is the goal of freshly finished collage sometimes not even finished collage young person ?
    Right there is none because all he sees around him is how people yell at each other steal from each other look down upon others who are not so fortunate.

So this person has to either become these monsters to be able to fight for his own life or get squashed and beaten all hes life.

Thanks but no thanks.
    People are bad people always have been bad and people will push you around as long as they have the power to do so.
    When you are no body coming from nothing and you try to raise your voice and make a change 99% of the time you get destroyed before you even manage to make your 1st step at achieving something just because you are willing to try not because you might succeed but because you are WILLING to try to have a better life....

Fuck off with your goals and useless advices............ srsly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    To be fair guess when i'm actually answering to messages on here
    Last edited by mmoc46a51814a6; 2016-07-27 at 02:41 PM. Reason: closed quote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Until everyone else has such skills and know-how...and then they pay you minimum wage if you're lucky enough to get a job that pays for the water you'll need to survive on.
    Don't be ridiculous. Acquiring useful special skills usually demands either a) natural talent and/or b) much more work than most people are willing to do.

The differences in IQ and skill potential ensure that that won't happen. Just like most people will never become master pianists, no matter how hard they would practice, if they lack the inherent musical talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Goal what is the goal of freshly finished collage sometimes not even finished collage young person ?
    Right there is none because all he sees around him is how people yell at each other steal from each other look down upon others who are not so fortunate.

So this person has to either become these monsters to be able to fight for his own life or get squashed and beaten all hes life.

Thanks but no thanks.
    People are bad people always have been bad and people will push you around as long as they have the power to do so.
    When you are no body coming from nothing and you try to raise your voice and make a change 99% of the time you get destroyed before you even manage to make your 1st step at achieving something just because you are willing to try not because you might succeed but because you are WILLING to try to have a better life....

The goal should be to be able to afford rent and all expenses for himself. After that keep on adding things i.e. get a car, get a house/flat, better job, etc. as you want more things. You're also going to need to give some examples for the other things because otherwise it just looks just like a "woe is me" post.

Deleted
    The 1% overlords always gets away with everything so if feminazi crowd push this then i only see one thing happening.
    upper middle class turning middle class, middle class turning working class, working class turning slaves again.

And then the 1% overlords go full circle and return factories to the west and start making a 8 out of that circle.
    my guess is that they go to muslim part of the world after that when it gets secure for more than oil and chemical factories.
    Last edited by mmoc737d4c7b6a; 2016-07-27 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    The goal should be to be able to afford rent and all expenses for himself. After that keep on adding things i.e. get a car, get a house/flat, better job, etc. as you want more things. You're also going to need to give some examples for the other things because otherwise it just looks just like a "woe is me" post.
    So in your eyes the goal is to be able to survive ?

Nice goal mate............. its not even worth it if you gonna spend half sometimes your entire life doing that just surviving .

Deleted
    So in your eyes the goal is to be able to survive ?

Nice goal mate............. its not even worth it if you gonna spend half sometimes your entire life doing that just surviving .
    Well where do you see a person who is fresh out of college or still in college starting? CEO of a multi-million corporation? You start low and then move up as time goes by.

Edit: also, half your life to get a job that pays enough to survive is bullshit unless you count people getting content with shit conditions or otherwise too lazy to get a useful skill.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    This is a horrible example. The finance sector in the western world is utterly broken. They make up a massive chunk of the economy while contributing almost nothing to society. What does a trader produce? What is his contribution to society? Numbers on a spreadsheet. Maybe we would be better off as a society if that money went to people who were contributing to the greater good of society like scientists or farmers or doctors, rather than people who were doing ultimately nothing.
    Shows your utter ignorance. Goldman Sachs is owned by its shareholders, who invest in stocks like Goldman Sachs in order to generate investment income (i.e wealth generation). State Teacher's Union pension plans, Carpenters Unions, public pensions, health&welfare funds, disability funds, your grandparents, your parent, you probably (if you are old enough) are all invested in companies like Goldman Sachs through your 401k/mutual fund investments in order make a profit and provide retirement/post-retirement income.

The funny thing about your kind of ignorance is that you fail to understand that everything you are blathering on about ("greater good", the contributions of doctors, scientists, farmers, etc) couldn't function without the access to capital provided by the capital markets. Where would the financing come from to build a hospital? Where would a farmer go to get a loan to buy a tractor or to purchase a farm to begin with? Where would you go to get a mortgage or a car loan without the capital markets? Who would buy your mortgage in the secondary market and repackage it as an income yielding security for retirement age folks looking for a consistent return on their investment?

I am utterly astounded that you can take the hysteria-based talking points of the far left and try to pass them off as facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You speak as if you think you're generating wealth by twiddling numbers rather than just siphoning off wealth.
    You, in your ignorance, think that providing access to capital markets and creating investment solutions is somehow less legitimate than whatever it is you are doing. See my comment above
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted

Thanks but no thanks.

You need to change your surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    lol. Most people I know would put a CEO to shame. They would be begging to quit after 8 hours.

If being a CEO is so easy, why aren't they CEOs themselves?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post

Do you know of 1000's or more companies that are in search of CEO's?

Do you know of 1000's or more companies that are in search of CEO's?

Doubt you know thousands of people well enough to make the claim you did, but here you go.

http://www.monster.com/jobs/q-chief-...icer-jobs.aspx

Granted that search has a bunch of exec asst to CEO jobs, and some totally unrelated, but I counted over 6 CEO positions before I had scrolled halfway down that page.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of friends on corporate boards?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt you know thousands of people well enough to make the claim you did, but here you go.

http://www.monster.com/jobs/q-chief-...icer-jobs.aspx

Granted that search has a bunch of exec asst to CEO jobs, and some totally unrelated, but I counted over 6 CEO positions before I had scrolled halfway down that page.

You honestly don't understand how everyone can't be CEO's? It's not because the job is soo hard that there are so few of them. It's that there isn't that many needed.

btw you should check your link again. Many of the listing aren't even the CEO position.....

Deleted
    The entire western world needs much more investment. There's a right way to do this. Confiscating wealth isn't the right way.

However, I still believe we should let people challenge banksters to duels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I think it's funny that you think it's that easy to talk people into giving you things you haven't earned. Something you should have learned when you were a little older than 2.
    I think it's funny that there are still people who think billionaires throwing money at people to earn them more money is "earning" it. At a certain point of wealth, your money just makes more money without you having to put any work in. That is where most people's beef lies.

You broke your back to earn that middle class wage? Good for you. You earned it. But far too many people in the middle class think that when people complain about the wealthy, that those people somehow have a beef with the hard working middle class and want to take THEIR money.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Worse, they then pass that virtually self-renewing wealth on to their children, who then get lumped in with self-made millionaires and billionaires who actually had to do some work for their wealth rather than win the birth lottery.
    If you do even a little bit of digging into Trump's history, you'll find that he was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth, and the only reason he even still has wealth is... it was given to him. Not only that, but nearly all children of billionaires are able to be successful, meanwhile Trump's daddy bailed him out of millions in debt. He stopped managing his own businesses, at which point his businesses actually managed to start being successful. Trump throws money at people to run businesses in his stead and makes money off of it. He knows when he runs businesses, they fail. He now just does reality TV and slaps his name on some brands.

And then people say they want him as president because he's a "good businessman". There's not enough facepalms to express how utterly disgusted I am with what people view as a "hard working, good businessman".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I guess I didn't take the conservative crowd long to show up.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not begging either. Wealth redistribution is going to happen rather you like it or not. It is just a matter of when.
    No its not.

You honestly don't understand how everyone can't be CEO's? It's not because the job is soo hard that there are so few of them. It's that there isn't that many needed.

btw you should check your link again. Many of the listing aren't even the CEO position.....

I quite clearly said, "Granted that search has a bunch of exec asst to CEO jobs, and some totally unrelated, but I counted over 6 CEO positions before I had scrolled halfway down that page."

Thanks for proving yet again which of us is truly wrong here, since the point stands those jobs are available if these people you know are willing to put their money where there mouth is.