Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Do i see that right, that i can prevent the asp bar from dropping by perma shapeshifting like a spastic after every fight till the next pull? What bullshit is this please? If thats Blizzards intented way of "resource management" then the boomkin can kiss my ass.
    No way that sticks around as long as blizz finds out about it, they hate that sort of thing. I'd be surprised if it was still there by the time the first raid drops so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Deleted
    Those of you who already cleared 13/13mythic as balance, what talents did you pick? Me and the other balance in my guild picked different talents several fights, altho we kinda had pretty close results (and hes got better gear), so maybe I didnt screw up too much... but im still curious about what do you use in hfc mythic during pre patch... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Do i see that right, that i can prevent the asp bar from dropping by perma shapeshifting like a spastic after every fight till the next pull? What bullshit is this please? If thats Blizzards intented way of "resource management" then the boomkin can kiss my ass.
    It should still drop after the grace period is over. We do have one of the longest grace periods, though, so while we go down to 0 pretty quickly once it is over, you can mostly engage the next fight before you lose any at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a believer of starting at 40 ap out of combat. But that won't fly with blizzard probably . Starting a fight with wrath spam feels out of place.

About observed results of "Seed of Creation stopped working", especially on mythic archimonde, this is because you are out of range. Your starsurge targets the edge of the enemys hitbox, while your Seed of Creation targets the middle. This means if you are at max range and cast starsurge, your seed of creation will not be in range to cast starfall. On Archimonde I recommend you ask for a melee spot for legion marks or something similar, and just stay close to him as much as you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhere View Post
    About observed results of "Seed of Creation stopped working", especially on mythic archimonde, this is because you are out of range. Your starsurge targets the edge of the enemys hitbox, while your Seed of Creation targets the middle. This means if you are at max range and cast starsurge, your seed of creation will not be in range to cast starfall. On Archimonde I recommend you ask for a melee spot for legion marks or something similar, and just stay close to him as much as you can.
    makes sense, I was casting from 45y to fit in 2 solar wraths on opener but I think you can fit them in even on 35-40 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It should still drop after the grace period is over. We do have one of the longest grace periods, though, so while we go down to 0 pretty quickly once it is over, you can mostly engage the next fight before you lose any at all.
    The grace period from switching forms is only about 4 seconds, and with the yellow BotA buff you can just spamshift between 2 forms to generate AP at a similar rate as if you were in combat(think it's every other form change)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-07-28 at 01:11 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Those of you who already cleared 13/13mythic as balance, what talents did you pick? Me and the other balance in my guild picked different talents several fights, altho we kinda had pretty close results (and hes got better gear), so maybe I didnt screw up too much... but im still curious about what do you use in hfc mythic during pre patch... thanks!
    Myself and Juvencus are part of the same raid team and we're having fairly similar results regardless of our talents, we're both using starlord, BOTA and stellar drift as really theres no fights you wouldn't want them, especially with the mythic class trinket, and its too much effort to change them for easy fights like iron reaver, plus bota gives you the 100 AsP at start of pull currently with the bear + BOTA:A currently, although i doubt we'll change talents even when that's fixed.

our T5 talents are what we have different, with him going Soul of the forest because he doesn't want another dot to maintain, whilst i've gone stellar flare cause i find it fairly fun to play like this. the difference in DPS is pretty much minimal, save a few bosses which are council-type it seems.

i'd link the logs from our latest raid, but i cant post links here, if you want to go check it yourself its Ad Elysium on Draenor-eu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    Myself and Juvencus are part of the same raid team and we're having fairly similar results regardless of our talents, we're both using starlord, BOTA and stellar drift as really theres no fights you wouldn't want them, especially with the mythic class trinket, and its too much effort to change them for easy fights like iron reaver, plus bota gives you the 100 AsP at start of pull currently with the bear + BOTA:A currently, although i doubt we'll change talents even when that's fixed.

our T5 talents are what we have different, with him going Soul of the forest because he doesn't want another dot to maintain, whilst i've gone stellar flare cause i find it fairly fun to play like this. the difference in DPS is pretty much minimal, save a few bosses which are council-type it seems.

i'd link the logs from our latest raid, but i cant post links here, if you want to go check it yourself its Ad Elysium on Draenor-eu
    Yes thats what I used as well... one thing tho: what is this bear+bota:a that gives 100asp? You're saying that if i swap to bota:anshe while in bear form i can generate 100asp even out of combat to start the fight at 100? but if i swap to bota:elune right before the fight do i lose that 100asp? because in the last week raid i was running elune.
    Thanks!

Deleted
    swapping to bear form gives you rage which puts you in pseudo combat for about 2 GCDs, meaning you dont degen AsP. combine this with BOTA:A and every 2 seconds, you'll gen 2 AsP WITHOUT losing any. so long as you settle in moonkin form at about 5 seconds pre-pull - swapping to BOTA:E here, your precast lunar strike will put you back at 100 AsP, so you essentially can start every pull with 100 AsP - until they fix it

swapping to bear form gives you rage which puts you in pseudo combat for about 2 GCDs, meaning you dont degen AsP. combine this with BOTA:A and every 2 seconds, you'll gen 2 AsP WITHOUT losing any. so long as you settle in moonkin form at about 5 seconds pre-pull - swapping to BOTA:E here, your precast lunar strike will put you back at 100 AsP, so you essentially can start every pull with 100 AsP - until they fix it
    Nice catch . Btw would it be too OP if Anshe actually worked like that ? I mean you would be able full your asp bar prepull so it have reason to exist outside of transmog shiny reasons (something like inc regen out of combat by xxx%).

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As i'm thinking about switching my main to Druid (Balance/Bear) i wonder if my idea is a good plan:
    Balance will be my raid spec, Bear my offspec and the spec for dungeons. 13 points in the offspec artifact doesn't throw you back a lot with your mainspec artifact.
    So i wonder if it would be a good idea to get my bear offspec artifact first, put the first 13 points in it (to adaptive fur) and work after that on my mainspec artifact for raiding. I can use my offspec for dungeon runs with my guild to get gear for both specs and lvling as bear seems to be easier from what i have read so far.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    As i'm thinking about switching my main to Druid (Balance/Bear) i wonder if my idea is a good plan:
    Balance will be my raid spec, Bear my offspec and the spec for dungeons. 13 points in the offspec artifact doesn't throw you back a lot with your mainspec artifact.
    So i wonder if it would be a good idea to get my bear offspec artifact first, put the first 13 points in it (to adaptive fur) and work after that on my mainspec artifact for raiding. I can use my offspec for dungeon runs with my guild to get gear for both specs and lvling as bear seems to be easier from what i have read so far.
    The first 13 artifact levels are so fast to get that you should not worry about it. You can either save all your artifact power to your guardian weapon while leveling, or use 'em on balance weapon. If you're trying to minmax the leveling + gearing speed; then I would recommend to get at least few ranks on balance weapon while leveling (3x15% more DoT dmg when starfall is also hitting that target). After you ding you can just instantly go guardian and do the dungeons you want because those few first dungeon it takes you to get the artifact level 13 won't be more than few seconds faster if you already had the artifact level 13 guardian weapon.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's not exactly what i was thinking about, but it's more or less still the answer to my question

I heard in the last days, that it is (way) easier to lvl as tank instead of balance. So my plan is lvling as tank, use tank for dungeons to get gear but start raiding as balance. So i will definitely max out my balance weapon first but as you said, the first 13 artifact levels are fast to get which means i can put the first in the tank weapon. This makes lvling and the dungeons easier and then i put everything else in balance for raiding as i don't need the traits of the balance weapon right at the start of legion (but at the start of the raid).

Or would you say, it's easier to lvl as balance to 110? (As it was just an alt and i raided only on my warrior, my druid doesn't have good gear).
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Nice catch . Btw would it be too OP if Anshe actually worked like that ? I mean you would be able full your asp bar prepull so it have reason to exist outside of transmog shiny reasons (something like inc regen out of combat by xxx%).
    Would just make the blessings the absolute best talent in every situation and imagine all the chickens telling their raid leader to wait for another minute before pulling because they need their AP filled.

Deleted
    Shame we can't start with full AP bar as this makes it really slow buildup to AoE. Single target I am ok with it most of the time (I hope moon/moon spell will make it better) but time required to AoE is sooo slow atm.

MoonMoon gives you 70 AP in 6 seconds and hits like a Superfreighter, so it makes it a lot smoother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    Would just make the blessings the absolute best talent in every situation and imagine all the chickens telling their raid leader to wait for another minute before pulling because they need their AP filled.
    i'm not going to lie, itwas kind of funny on our raid night with the two blinking owls and priests mind searing people, plus theres nothing from stopping you from pooling on trash, nor gening some whilst you run to the boss, getting to tyrant i was up to about 90 by the time i got there

i'm not going to lie, itwas kind of funny on our raid night with the two blinking owls and priests mind searing people, plus theres nothing from stopping you from pooling on trash, nor gening some whilst you run to the boss, getting to tyrant i was up to about 90 by the time i got there
    Sure on farm crap you can easily go from trash into a boss pull with plenty of Astral Power. See how that goes during legion progression when your raid is still learning the fights. You'll go past your grace period and be at 0 power before the RL finishes 1/4 of the explanation/assignments. The only saving grace by then is we'll have our moon spells. Still it'd be nice to have either an ooc way to gen power, or an ooc power floor of 20 AsP or something.

I haven't noticed any difference in talents in the pre-patch. I roll with full passives, only switching to N'sB for single target, from Stellar Drift.

The only difference I've noticed is Troll > Tauren and even that is not guaranteed, right now. Although the "sadshifting" shenanigans exacerbate the gap.