Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    checked it out. still overrated.
    Have you played through it's story in the Beta yet? She is ... more than you rate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Have you played through it's story in the Beta yet? She is ... more than you rate her.
    I rate her high but not that high as other fanboys are rating her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Getting the killing blow from a team effort hardly counts as a feat of that single person.
    Its not about killing blow - its about how warrior can resist/avoid shit what made others in their team struggle. Yes i agreed Lothar made killing blow when Khadgar get aggro for Medivh. But Varian situation not same. Grom killed Mannoroth on his own. Same for Kargath.

Again, Knaak pets are hardly representative. He loves to make his characters do riddiculus stuff. Also Broxigar damaging Sargeras had more to do with the weapon given to him than his actual ability as a warrior.
    Yes axe was empowered but Brox managed to reach Sarg. Look at another example - Varian killed big crocodile with simple wooden stick. I mean not weapon make warriors who they are but their mastery and skill.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2016-07-28 at 10:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Spoilers but Broxigar is in Legion, so I guess he became canon? Dunno.
    also all the char from the Novel are represented while you play with illidan .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Yes axe was empowered but Brox managed to reach Sarg. Look at another example - Varian killed big crocodile with simple wooden stick.
    Brox latterly march upon an army of demons such we all face in legion and defeated it by him self
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Priest: Commune with the Light and Void. Pretty much that most powerful in my opinion.

Personal opinion infused with head canon here:

I don't think Warlocks are as strong as most people think here. They do appear that way, and of course it makes more sense that they would seem to be more powerful than a priest based on what we've seen. But I believe this is because Warlock powers are more powerful and easy to reach baseline than other powers. Compare a warlock to a mage and a mage has to study forever and be intelligent and even lucky to become extremely powerful whereas a warlock can just make a pact with demons or corrupt themselves and suddenly they have huge powers.

That's kind of the nature of Fel magic. It promises immediate strength, that's why it's so intoxicating. You can be however strong you are and suddenly with the fel you are much more powerful. Warlocks are kind of the "get powerful quick" schemers in the lore. They don't care about training or really learning, they just want to figure out the best and fastest way to become powerful which often leads to side effects (Just look at the NPC's talked about in the green fire quest line).

That said, I believe that other forms of magic have just as much if not more potential than warlocks. The main thing is that the power floor of warlocks is much higher than other classes, because the fel just does what it does and it's pretty hard to not be powerful with that. But a GOOD priest, mage, shaman, druid etc will also have access to immense power. The power CEILING of these classes seems to be similar for the most part. So in my belief, a bad (as in weak) warlock will be the strongest of them all but a good mage/priest/shaman/druid will be as strong if not stronger than a good warlock.

Personally I think either priests or shamans have the greatest range of power. I think a bad shaman and priest will be weaker than bad versions of all the others but the most powerful priest or shaman will be stronger than the strongest of the others. Priests deal with the more abstract of light and shadow which seem to be the two most powerful forces. Imagine a priest who fully devoted to the shadow and empowered himself by the void lords--he has control over minds and uses shadow magic to steal life etc...A powerful warlock can rip your soul out and consume it but a powerful priest can subjugate your soul directly.

Then there are shamans who deal with the most fundamental and intrinsic forces of the universe. Other casters to some degree have to work within the confines of the natural world but shamans to their own extent can bend that to their will. They don't just deal with fire, water, earth, and air, they interact with the very spirit of the universe. Everything is layered with its own spirit in the warcraft universe, even inanimate objects. A skilled and determined shaman without morals who is only concerned with power and accomplishing something great could use these powers to bend the universe to his will in ways that mages wish their books could teach them. Ways that Warlocks wish the Fel had domain over. Ways that druids would think was perverse and not even understand.

So again, I believe that on average a given warlock will be stronger than the average of any other but the potential is higher for other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Or maybe just Blizzard can't write anything besides cheesy comic book villains that come at your face, gloat and leave. *cough* Lich King *cough*. Note that Arthas could kill you with one move, but still did the whole, I won't kill you now routine. And it's not like they can kill off Malfurion in a random sidequest.
    My headcanon is that what we saw in Darkshore wasn't the real Azshara, but a random Sea Witch posesssed and used as a proxy. Like the Sith Emperor in SWTOR and all his Voices.

Since we are on the subject of ranking individuals, who really is for example the strongest rogue or hunter?
    i dont think that there is a reason to ranking rogues. they use surprise and even the strongest mortal is truly fragile to an ambush: see kadghar in wod or the shadow council with orgrim... they are binary, you spot them? you survive. you dont? better to have a strong help D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Spoilers but Broxigar is in Legion, so I guess he became canon? Dunno.
    Brox was always canon. Sargeras' body flames that burn everything around him is from the RPG and not canon.

Its not about killing blow - its about how warrior can resist/avoid shit what made others in their team struggle. Yes i agreed Lothar made killing blow when Khadgar get aggro for Medivh. But Varian situation not same. Grom killed Mannoroth on his own. Same for Kargath.
    Varian made a killing blow after everyone else on the team joined in the fight against Onyxia... So what if Jaina couldn't dodge a tail whip? Everyone else who got hit by Onyxia's attacks were footmen, who are warriors. If you want to throw out useless facts, how about how Varian wouldn't have even been able to get into Onyxia's lair without Jaina there to dispel the magic blocking the entrance?

Grom killed Mannoroth with a legendary axe empowered by 6 gronn. It was the weapon that did the work, it cut through Mannoroth's spear and armor. In WoD, Grom wasn't on his own.

Yes axe was empowered but Brox managed to reach Sarg. Look at another example - Varian killed big crocodile with simple wooden stick. I mean not weapon make warriors who they are but their mastery and skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Brox latterly march upon an army of demons such we all face in legion and defeated it by him self
    Except it was all the Axe of Cenarius. Everything in the novel says it was the Axe of Cenarius. The weapon was empowered by a demigod with the power of Kalimdor. It was an unbreakable axe, as light as a feather, and cut through bone as if it were air. The novel even specifically calls out Brox as not being a particularly special warrior with a deathwish. He was just a "good" warrior. Thrall chose Brox to investigate the strange magic because he used his head.

Then there are shamans who deal with the most fundamental and intrinsic forces of the universe. Other casters to some degree have to work within the confines of the natural world but shamans to their own extent can bend that to their will. They don't just deal with fire, water, earth, and air, they interact with the very spirit of the universe. Everything is layered with its own spirit in the warcraft universe, even inanimate objects. A skilled and determined shaman without morals who is only concerned with power and accomplishing something great could use these powers to bend the universe to his will in ways that mages wish their books could teach them. Ways that Warlocks wish the Fel had domain over. Ways that druids would think was perverse and not even understand.
    The elements are on the lower tier of forces. A skilled shaman is a shaman who can get the most out of the spirits(there are many kinds but mostly elemental spirits) whether thought subjugating or forging relationships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I dont understand how anyone could say mages are stronger every lock we see is a former mage or shaman who increased in power. Is being a mage more stable? Yea, but at the cost of raw power, at least that's how I saw it.
    Arcane is the very fabric of the universe. A warlock can melt a mage with fel fire, but a mage can unmake that warlock, removing them from existence like one removes a stick of gum from the pack. Arcane power isn't really represented well in game, its more than simple blue/purple energy attacks. A mage in the actual Warcraft universe could easily rewind time to send a spell back into a Warlocks face, mirror the spell back to them, freeze the warlock solid, dissipate the energy of the attack and harness it, or even just overpower the warlock with mana enhanced fire.

I say arcane is more powerful than fel, and magi are stronger because of their versatility. ALL magi use arcane, its just the method in which they do it (frost and fire) differ. Sure, 'unlimited, planet crushing power' sounds nice, but when you play with the very threads of reality you are in a whole new league. The only reason Magi haven't had any examples of the powers of warlocks is because they are more subtle about how they use the power. A mage could (in theory) match or surpass any feat a warlock has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Arcane is the very fabric of the universe. A warlock can melt a mage with fel fire, but a mage can unmake that warlock, removing them from existence like one removes a stick of gum from the pack. Arcane power isn't really represented well in game, its more than simple blue/purple energy attacks. A mage in the actual Warcraft universe could easily rewind time to send a spell back into a Warlocks face, mirror the spell back to them, freeze the warlock solid, dissipate the energy of the attack and harness it, or even just overpower the warlock with mana enhanced fire.

I say arcane is more powerful than fel, and magi are stronger because of their versatility. ALL magi use arcane, its just the method in which they do it (frost and fire) differ. Sure, 'unlimited, planet crushing power' sounds nice, but when you play with the very threads of reality you are in a whole new league. The only reason Magi haven't had any examples of the powers of warlocks is because they are more subtle about how they use the power. A mage could (in theory) match or surpass any feat a warlock has done.
    So I'm no expert but I thought Fel was a corrupted form of Arcane, one that requires a sacrifice to use but ultimately easier to cast, but harder to control and of course far more corrupting? Or where things changed/retconned?

10+ Year Old Account
    A misconception here is that Warlock is a stronger version of a Mage, well no that's not quite true, they are casters who specialize in Fel while Mages are casters that specialize in the Arcane.

A powerful Warlock might have been a Mage once and can still utilize Arcane spells he learnt, but his mastery of the Arcane is not going to be near a Archmage who has spent decades or centuries focusing on the Arcane.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the differences between Fel and Arcane, I'd say Fel is more destructive while Arcane is more versatile. Of course Fel can still have various versatile uses (portals, telport, etc) and Arcane can still blow things up just fine.

They are forces opposite of each other. Order and Disorder. I don't think one is stronger than another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Grom killed Mannoroth with a legendary axe empowered by 6 gronn. It was the weapon that did the work, it cut through Mannoroth's spear and armor.
    So you saying what Gorehowl throw himself in 30 yards? Bullshit. Like you said it cut through Mannoroth's spear and armor. So in others words Gorehowl gave Grom ability to cut through demon's armor. Rest is work of mighty warrior.

In WoD, Grom wasn't on his own.
    It is. When things go shit it was Grom who aimed catapult and made killing blow. Watch cinematic again and refresh your memory.

How about Kargath? You didn't made comment about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    So I'm no expert but I thought Fel was a corrupted form of Arcane, one that requires a sacrifice to use but ultimately easier to cast, but harder to control and of course far more corrupting? Or where things changed/retconned?
    The two are pure opposites according to chronicles:

fel is indeed easier to cast, but can't be used for much besides destruction. Although does achieve some things that arcane can, it arrives at the same result via very different methods, and is fundamentally different and (by my interpretation) weaker.

It is. When thing go shit it was Grom who aimed catapult and made killing blow. Watch cinematic again and refresh your memory.

How about Kargath? You didn't made comment about this.
    It was the other orcs bombarding Mannoroth that gave Grom the opportunity to fire the iron star and manage that surprise attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They are forces opposite of each other. Order and Disorder. I don't think one is stronger than another.
    A warlock uses his own life force to fuel his magic, a mage can use things like ley lines, magic wells (which Azeroth seems to love), and other sources, on top of their own magical abilities. Even if you ignore the fact that all the warlock's spells mean nothing if he is suddenly turned into a sheep, a mage has more raw power on hand as well.

A warlock uses his own life force to fuel his magic, a mage can use things like ley lines, magic wells (which Azeroth seems to love), and other sources, on top of their own magical abilities. Even if you ignore the fact that all the warlock's spells mean nothing if he is suddenly turned into a sheep, a mage has more raw power on hand as well.
    It doesn't have to be his own life force. And in lore, you can't sheep everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was the other orcs bombarding Mannoroth that gave Grom the opportunity to fire the iron star and manage that surprise attack.
    Watch again. When Grom was aiming catapult Mannoroth start casting with his polearm and was aiming at Grom. He gave zero shit at others orcs he was completely aggroed on Grom.

The two are pure opposites according to chronicles
    Ohhhhhh, fel and arcane are opposite according to the garbage Chronicle? Mhhh Mkay.

Order is most commonly perceived in reality as arcane magic, but that doesn't mean Order is arcane magic or that it's only perceived as arcane magic. A common perception was shared that the magi's magic was unholy and possibly even demonic. And why is that? Is it because disorder, a lack of order that is manifested as demonic fel magic, is a lack of (or from) order, which is most commonly perceived in reality as arcane magic? Is it because arcane energies are the energies of the Twisting Nether, a coalition of chaotic energies that demons come from?