Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...a ghostly Medivh in Kharazan that hands out Guardian powers turns out to be a dreadlord...

Med'an may want to get tested.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    jaina proudmoore
    Oh shit boi you just solved the unsolved mystery!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They probably meant Med'an.
    sorry i meant med'an =/

So if there are none to give the power, how does that explain Med'an? If Med'an is non canon, is the rest of the comic? Why does Khadgar have the staff? Did he get enough power (somewhere/how?) to wield the staff but not be Guardian? Kosak betta not leave this hanging
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So if there are none to give the power, how does that explain Med'an? If Med'an is non canon, is the rest of the comic? Why does Khadgar have the staff? Did he get enough power (somewhere/how?) to wield the staff but not be Guardian? Kosak betta not leave this hanging
    Med'an wasn't a traditional guardian. Though even so I would assume that what Khadgar meant was that with the council gone they didn't have the means to do so, there are plenty of mages in dalaran like the council of six that could have given power to a guardian I would think.

Med'an's case was kinda unique. Since the council during Medivh time was gone, they created a new Council instead. This new Council empowered Med'an with their powers - in a way, I guess you can call him first generation of Guardian V2 since he started from scratch with power of this new Council (compared to Guardian V1 line in which every Guardians after Alodil not only get power from the Council, but also from previous Guardian). At the end of the comic, Med'an "retired" from his Guardian duty and passed power back to the new Council, so they might have disbanded since then.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Med'an was hardly powered up to full "Guardian" power, he could barely take on Cho'gall, while a fully powered Aegywnn took down the avatar of Sargeras (although Med'an was young and had little magic training, could account for something). As for the staff, he probably turned it in when he stepped down from Guardian and gave the power back, he likely lacked the skill to use it anyways, so who better to give it to than his father's old apprentice. What I'm more curious about is why the staff has the power to transform its wielder into a raven. Usually such manipulation of one's own form is restricted to wild/nature magic (druids and shamans mostly). Why would this staff break all the rules? Where did it even come from? We know its been around for thousands of years and has been wielded by most if not all the Guardians, it makes me wonder if there's more to being a "Guardian" than simply fighting stray demons.

so does that mean that the medive that brought the races to kalimdor etc was a dreadlord?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    so does that mean that the medive that brought the races to kalimdor etc was a dreadlord?
    No. This Medivh was a ghost, while the real Medivh we saw in Warcraft III was alive. The Legion assumes Medivh to be dead as he did die while Sargeras was in his body. They didn't know Aegwynn brought him back.

oh i didnt know she did, wiki said something along the lines of him bringing himself back to life so i figured it was just an assumption that he really was alive, he was translucent in W3 gameplay from what i remember even if he was solid in the cinimatics

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    cant wait to see what's up with the burning and falling dalaran.
    Hopefully it happens, then the Kirin Tor have no magic clubhouse, and beg the Blood Elves to let them into Quel'thalas, and the Blood Elves slam the door in their faces and leave them out in the rain.

- - - Updated - - -

But for realsies, I really hope this means Med'an is being retconned. Didn't Khadgar have a hand in making Med'an the new Guardian? And in Harbingers, he seems to be saying that there is no Guardian and there hasn't been one since Medivh.

Regardless of the status of Med'an, the comic certainly is since Meryl Felstrom is back in Legion and plays a major role for Mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an AU?

From the looks of it everyone is a goddamn Dreadlord, but why not Jaina?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    cant wait to see what's up with the burning and falling dalaran.
    I personally think that falling Dalaran was a scare tactic by Dreadlord trying to force Khadgar into taking the whatever that book has.

My favorite part about this has to be how it made me hate it in the first half, and the second half making me love it. For example, "Defeating the Legion this time takes more than a spell" would have been the worst logic ever if that really was Medivh.

As for speculation, how common is the knowledge of Medivh's death and the fact that Khadgar killed him? Dreadlord knew about it, so does this really mean that 'Legion knows all', something introduced in Anduin, son of doge?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet Khadgar kicking Dreadlord's ass was a hint on Khadgar kicking Jaina-Dreadlord ass at the end of the expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I bet Khadgar kicking Dreadlord's ass was a hint on Khadgar kicking Jaina-Dreadlord ass at the end of the expansion.
    More likely that, the hero who wouldn’t be corrupted gets killed off probably in some heroic fashion. –I’m convinced after the memorial Garrison statute for defeating Archie, that Blizz intended to kill him off.

If WoD did something right, it's bring back Khadgar! Just love that character! loved this more than Gul'dan's story.
    Also glad Khadgar's theme was back here, really iconic to the character!

Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    I personally think that falling Dalaran was a scare tactic by Dreadlord trying to force Khadgar into taking the whatever that book has.

My favorite part about this has to be how it made me hate it in the first half, and the second half making me love it. For example, "Defeating the Legion this time takes more than a spell" would have been the worst logic ever if that really was Medivh.

As for speculation, how common is the knowledge of Medivh's death and the fact that Khadgar killed him? Dreadlord knew about it, so does this really mean that 'Legion knows all', something introduced in Anduin, son of doge?
    Well considering Medivh was posessed by Sargeras it's not that crazy to think the dreadlords would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    we found out that there are no quick fixes. Just blood and grit, taking the legion down one bit at a time. weapons in the hands of heroes and soldiers, armor on their bodies, find weaknesses in the legions objectivs nad forces on the spot and battle tactics to take them down.
    We also found out that Khadgar is just like any other magic user, tempted by great power, but has the will power to refuse it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    More likely that, the hero who wouldn’t be corrupted gets killed off probably in some heroic fashion. –I’m convinced after the memorial Garrison statute for defeating Archie, that Blizz intended to kill him off.
    Now way. Khadgar is was way too important to the story connecting WoD to Legion They were in production at the same time, so they knew Khadgar was going to be around.