Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to level is to accumulate experience points, and at certain milestones the game will reward you with an increased level.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitxd View Post
    This bit of information seems particularly helpful, thanks.
    You're welcome. My personal suggestion would be to clear out the main storyline in each zone, to unlock the pillar quest. If you're not 110 by the end of all that, then go back and complete sidequests
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Questing. Only port back to dalaran and or class hall when absolutely needed. Only run dungeons for quests when they arise through questing.
    Actually, it is in your best interests to go back to Dalaran when you get profession quests. Especially if you're a gatherer or want to unlock Obliterum asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Actually, it is in your best interests to go back to Dalaran when you get profession quests. Especially if you're a gatherer or want to unlock Obliterum asap.
    You are correct, profession quests then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Questing will be the quickest, and you're required to complete all 4 zones to get to 110. At the moment, Azsuna and Val'sharah are the most enjoyable quest zones. Stormheim is also alot of fun, and really well designed. Highmountain is the slowest of the zones, but it has a pretty cool storyline and a decent flow later on
    You are absolutely NOT required to finish all the zones in order to get to 110. I have done so three times now between alpha and beta.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

the best way is to do dungeon, quest and killing mobs.

In a new expansion? Best way is have no way. Take your time, look for new things.

All zones are relatively equal and you will want to complete them all so doesn't really matter.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    the best way is to do dungeon, quest and killing mobs.
    No, dungeons are not the best way. You WILL need rep to friendly for all major factions before unlocking World Quests. Dungeons give no rep. Therefore, you'll have to go back and zone quest to unlock WQ's.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, dungeons are not the best way. You WILL need rep to friendly for all major factions before unlocking World Quests. Dungeons give no rep. Therefore, you'll have to go back and zone quest to unlock WQ's.
    ya that post was from 2 months ago, before they nerfed the EXP needed to hit 110. Now it's about 3.3 zones completed, and thats just for the main Pillar storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    ya that post was from 2 months ago, before they nerfed the EXP needed to hit 110. Now it's about 3.3 zones completed, and thats just for the main Pillar storylines.
    The post I quoted was from 2 days ago. Not sure what you're talking about.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The post I quoted was from 2 days ago. Not sure what you're talking about.
    Ah sorry I must have hit reply on the wrong person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    You are absolutely NOT required to finish all the zones in order to get to 110. I have done so three times now between alpha and beta.
    My post that you were referring to was 2 months ago

Questing. You need to reach friendly in all 5 zones to open up world quests so there's no point not to.

You can hit 110 by completing all 4 zone chapters, 3 dungeon quests, the khadgar's falling star quest line, and all the bonus objectives you come across, and not doing any side quests (quests not necessary for chapter completion. they are in different parts of the zone. Some are close by chapter quest hubs, some are out of the way)

You can also hit 110 in around your 3rd zone if you also complete the side quests. Meaning you can hit 110 in your third zone, leave, go to your 4th one, do a quest line or 2 and be head right for suramar. HOWEVER, some world quests requires you to complete their appropriate quests to unlock due to most world quests just being a "daily" version of their normal quest counterpart. So ultimately you're probably gonna have to go back and do those quests anyways. You will have 5+ world quests in each zone every time the WQ reset happens, but if you can't do the one world quest to kill 10 gnomes or w\e, and that is the world quest the rewards a trinket, or a huge artifact power item, you wont be getting it for that WQ cycle, the reward doesn't get shifted to another WQ.

I'll be skipping the side quests and just doing zone chapters to hit 110, the 800 gear from the dungeon quest completion is nice and worth enough for me to want to complete the zone to get it. getting 810 ilvl for heroics is actually a huge pain in the ass without dropping a ton of money on crafted\boe's.

I would look up your profession quest line as well. Starting in the zone where your profession quest line is can save a considerable amount of time at 110. It took me around 6 hours to complete my tailoring quest line to get the patterns needed to start making obliterum which is needed to complete class hall campaign (gives you your title, "Archmage" for mage, "archudruid" for druid, "deathlord" i think, for deathknight etc, and an artifact skin). The quest in dalaran starts out with just talking to an npc in one of the zones, doing a task for him, and then going back to dalaran to do more random shit as well as a dungeon, then it requires you to be progressed in the suramar story line (for tailors anyways, i don't see why it'd be different for other professions) suramar requires 110.

Val'shara and aszuna are the 2 quickest zones by far, Stormheim is a little slower due to it's size, but more linear compared to highmountain. Highmountain gives you a quest after the first chain that asks you to go to 4 or 5 different hubs to complete, so you'll be completing a quest chain, flying back to the main town, and then heading out again which makes it considerably slower than just going for it like the other 3 zones. They all give around the same amount of experience though.

tl'dr: quest
    Last edited by Emek; 2016-07-30 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Isnt there any guides yet with important quests, stuff like this? 30 days left.