Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    I quite clearly said, "Granted that search has a bunch of exec asst to CEO jobs, and some totally unrelated, but I counted over 6 CEO positions before I had scrolled halfway down that page."

Thanks for proving yet again which of us is truly wrong here, since the point stands those jobs are available if these people you know are willing to put their money where there mouth is.

So by your logic. If there are job openings at Mcd's, it's because it's too hard for people to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Shows your utter ignorance. Goldman Sachs is owned by its shareholders, who invest in stocks like Goldman Sachs in order to generate investment income (i.e wealth generation). State Teacher's Union pension plans, Carpenters Unions, public pensions, health&welfare funds, disability funds, your grandparents, your parent, you probably (if you are old enough) are all invested in companies like Goldman Sachs through your 401k/mutual fund investments in order make a profit and provide retirement/post-retirement income.

The funny thing about your kind of ignorance is that you fail to understand that everything you are blathering on about ("greater good", the contributions of doctors, scientists, farmers, etc) couldn't function without the access to capital provided by the capital markets. Where would the financing come from to build a hospital? Where would a farmer go to get a loan to buy a tractor or to purchase a farm to begin with? Where would you go to get a mortgage or a car loan without the capital markets? Who would buy your mortgage in the secondary market and repackage it as an income yielding security for retirement age folks looking for a consistent return on their investment?

I am utterly astounded that you can take the hysteria-based talking points of the far left and try to pass them off as facts.

- - - Updated - - -

You, in your ignorance, think that providing access to capital markets and creating investment solutions is somehow less legitimate than whatever it is you are doing. See my comment above
    All those people in the unions you mentioned were doing far better off relative the super wealthy before finance took over the economy. Their seems to be some cognitive disonance in your thinking, like a total disconnect from reality. You can't have less than one percent of people shaving off 90% of all wealth creation over the past 35 years without totally fucking over the other 99%. Especially when it is within those 99% that all the gains in productivity and thus the creation of that wealth in the first place actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Share the moon? Pfffff...

The moon belong to whatever nation can colonize and control it.

Which means a coalition of Asian nations perhaps featuring some Russian involvement.

American and European teams might get there but they wont survive.

The mentality, character, and sense of self-reliance required to pull off such a feat will be extinct in those cultures long before colonization is an option
    The Moon, along with anything not out in space by humans (asteroids, planets, whatever) belong to all humans. According to the UN, Antarctica and the Moon are the shared common heritage sites of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Moon, along with anything not out in space by humans (asteroids, planets, whatever) belong to all humans. According to the UN, Antarctica and the Moon are the shared common heritage sites of mankind.
    Until one of the Superpowers just goes there and claims it for itself....
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    All those people in the unions you mentioned were doing far better off relative the super wealthy before finance took over the economy. Their seems to be some cognitive disonance in your thinking, like a total disconnect from reality. You can't have less than one percent of people generating 90% of all wealth creation over the past 35 years without the other 99% being really jealous.
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Especially when it is within those 99% that all the gains in productivity and thus the creation of that wealth in the first place actually happened.
    Lets talk about cognitive dissonance (spelled correctly!). The reality is that the economy is NOT a fixed size. It is NOT the case that one person gains a bigger slice of the pie at the expense of another. That is a false narrative. Wealth is not a zero sum game. The pie grows and shrinks and an individuals share can grow or shrink depending on their individual efforts, innate skill, luck, education, upbringing, etc.

You also make the false assumption (a dangerous and morally wrong assumption as well) that wealth is somehow owned by society. Wealth is created by and is therefore owned by the individuals who created it. You have zero claim on that wealth.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Lets talk about cognitive dissonance (spelled correctly!). The reality is that the economy is NOT a fixed size. It is NOT the case that one person gains a bigger slice of the pie at the expense of another. That is a false narrative. Wealth is not a zero sum game. The pie grows and shrinks and an individuals share can grow or shrink depending on their individual efforts, innate skill, luck, education, upbringing, etc.
    Cool story. The issue is that wealth being generated at any fixed point is of an increasingly unequal distribution which, combined with a low velocity of money and low social mobility, causes a huge array of problems.

You also make the false assumption (a dangerous and morally wrong assumption as well) that wealth is somehow owned by society. Wealth is created by and is therefore owned by the individuals who created it. You have zero claim on that wealth.
    Which is totally why such wealth didn't fail to come into being before the advent and evolution of social systems to enable its generation, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    That is the biggest problem with most of the world's economies today. The world has reached a population size so large that people are finally starting to feel resource limitations.
    Water water everywhere and not one drop to drink.

Soylent Green will save us all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Cool story. The issue is that wealth being generated at any fixed point is of an increasingly unequal distribution which, combined with a low velocity of money and low social mobility, causes a huge array of problems.
    Cool story and a true story. Thanks! What array of problems are you speaking of? The plight of the poor? In the US, you can blame most of that on democratic educational policies that hurt minorities in poor areas in favor of teachers unions. And in social programs that encourage women to have children without a father, practically guaranteeing said children will either end up in jail or working a low wage job.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is totally why such wealth didn't fail to come into being before the advent and evolution of social systems to enable its generation, right?
    These social systems were designed and build by the builders and thinkers, not by the masses. The masses benefit from the social systems, ideas and inventions of these few, not the other way around.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    No, I still believe that people who work hard should get paid more, but does a CEO really need to make 200 million a year? No, that is a massive waste.
    While the OP is banned, why is that up to you to decide? If ANYTHING, blame the board members, clearly they think a CEO is worth that much.

I can't stand the thought of Hillary getting into the White House and yet more of my wealth going to others to support all the free crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Until one of the Superpowers just goes there and claims it for itself....and has to deal with the UN and literally every country with a space program that feels threatened
    Fixed it for you