Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What exacty is a manicure?

Have to be insecure to be a male and get a manicure. What's your take on getting a massage from a male massage therapist then? Or are you too insecure to have a professional work on you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I legitimately had to look it up. I went through the first 4 pages of the thread assuming it was a pedicure.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Good old hand care.
    I mean it literally comes from a word that means "care for the hands" but apparently now it's been denoted to, "girls get their nails done".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Insecure Men.

Having good hygiene doesn't mean you enjoy a dick in your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by squashdouche View Post
    The "men" you see getting manicures have soft weak hands, i bet they call a plumber when the toilet gets clogged or dont know the difference between an 18 and 16 gauge nailer
    Plumbing knowledge is now a "men" requirement now?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    1.8% of men identify as gay.

So the survey would statistically be taken by mostly straight men.

if 98% of the men who took the poll were straight, then 98% of them stop caring about how they look past the age of 46.

That means, by the numbers themselves, that the 50 year old guy was less likely to be straight.

Get math'd, son.
    98% is still not 100%, contrary to your belief that 98% is then "definite".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Plumbing knowledge is now a "men" requirement now?
    Or nailing knowledge for that matter.

Next thing you know, you aren't male if you don't know some obscure action that isn't even necessarily associated with masculinity.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy here. I have never been with or thought about being with another man. I love the female anatomy. Especially the boobs. Who doesn't like boobs? Anyways I get monthly mani and pedicures. I also have my eyebrows worked on and I get facials.

The mani and pedi - If you've ever rubbed a womans back or been in a woman in other areas with your hands/fingers, and you have uneven nails, that could cut and it hurts her like hell. And it would probably ruin the desire if you're just getting started. You think women cant feel the grime, dirt etc on your hands, but they can. I take care of myself so that I can take care of someone else.

Also when you're laying in bed and you're just together and your feet rub, last thing you want her to feel are the chainsaw nails you have growing on your feet. Cut them but again, not unevenly. She will feel it. And if its your first night together, even more so.

My face, well why not. For anyone who thinks "OH PERSONALITY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT" is fooling themselves. I hate to break it to you but she didn't find you attractive cuz you were a NICE GUY. Looks matter(to a certain extent) The first thing a woman or a man sees is NOT your personality. They see you physically. Once you get passed that part then you can let your personality fly.

If you can afford the extra cash I say why the hell not. And if you cant, grab yourselves a nail filer, some good soap for your skin and keep those bushy eyebrows trimmed and you'll be fine. 10 bucks a month and some time TOPS is what it would take if you DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Post actual proof if you want to make any sort of point. I guarantee I leave the house more often than you and in the northwest, this is not trending in any way shape or form.
    That works both ways you know. And snide attacks about how you have so much more of a life than the person you're responding to don't count as proof. Or evidence. Or a coherent argument. Or any argument at all, really.

On topic: I don't know how typical it is, but I do know friends (yes, they're straight) who have done it with their girlfriends. I don't know if they would go alone but they did say they enjoyed the experience overall, so other than some idiotic sense of embarrassment that people like this will make intimations about your sexuality, why not?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

This thread is dripping with insecurities and beta vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689 View Post
    This thread is dripping with insecurities and beta vibes...
    It's really only one person, so I am not sure if you can say it's "dripping" or whatever.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten pedicures but not manicures. I just have no desire to have someone touching my hands. Now my feet? That's an entirely different story. I love having my feet rubbed. Since I don't get nail polish or any of that touch up stuff, I always request they rub my feet for longer. Makes my body go limp everytime my feet are rubbed.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

A real man does what he wants and doesn't let ridiculous social expectations dictate his actions.

Getting your nails did. Very silly, nail care at home takes all of 30 seconds per hand tops.

Women go to feel pampered and gossip. And waste money.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Getting your nails did. Very silly, nail care at home takes all of 30 seconds per hand tops.

Women go to feel pampered and gossip. And waste money.
    If people have personal spending money I don't see how taking care of one's health (even if only for the hands and in as such a small way) is ever a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    If people have personal spending money I don't see how taking care of one's health (even if only for the hands and in as such a small way) is ever a waste.
    Oppurtunity cost is a thing.

Oppurtunity cost is a thing.
    Umm, manicures aren't even that expensive or time consuming, unless of course if you are one of the multitudes of victims of poor shaming and the worst economic mobility in decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Umm, manicures aren't even that expensive or time consuming, unless of course if you are one of the multitudes of victims of poor shaming and the worst economic mobility in decades.
    Ummmm

If you can just do it at home, it's a waste of funds. It being a low opportunity cost doesn't refute that it's still an opportunity cost--assuming you can get the same benefit from doing it yourself.

Ummmm

If you can just do it at home, it's a waste of funds. It being a low opportunity cost doesn't refute that it's still an opportunity cost--assuming you can get the same benefit from doing it yourself.
    Yeah and what's wrong with wasting a bit of money here and there, if you are well off?

You can stay at home and cook, so why eat out is your ideologically equivalent argument here.

The opportunity cost exist for EVERYTHING you do, so why even bother with such a specious argument and split hairs? Just trying to be mary-quite-contrary? Or playing a misguided devil's advocate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah and what's wrong with wasting a bit of money here and there, if you are well off?

You can stay at home and cook, so why eat out is your ideologically equivalent argument here.

The opportunity cost exist for EVERYTHING you do, so why even bother with such a specious argument and split hairs? Just trying to be mary-quite-contrary? Or playing a misguided devil's advocate?
    Nobody said there was anything wrong with wasting resources. I only argued that it is a waste of resources.

Not everyone has the time to stay at home and cook. Sometime, people spending money to buy food do so to save time. You're wasting time and money by getting a manicure. Shit comparison.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-07-29 at 07:54 AM.