New self-targeting circle (7.0.3) - possible to remove/change?

Hey all, don't know if this has been posted already, but here goes:

with the patch came a new circle under my character every time I target myself. Really don't like this: I'd prefer the old highlight instead of a circle down under (yea, the highlight is also gone because of this change). Now, I've looked everywhere in the default interface options, and installed AdvancedInterfaceOptions to search for a hidden disabling option, but to no avail. Is there any cvar around that can disable the circle and return the highlight when targeting myself? Or is that gone for good? Strange they don't add an option for this, like when they did in 6.0 for character outlines.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I misunderstood the question.

Press escape>Interface>Display>then the 2nd option on left is "Raid Self Highlight". Can be changed to circle, circle and highlight or off. Enjoy!

Seems to not be a highlight only option any longer.
    Circle, Both or none.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yea, but that self highlight is only available for raids; was wondering if it could be replicated in the outer world.

Guess not sad face

Thanks for the input, though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood the question.
    Can't post images yet, sorry. Talking about the circle you've always seen under your targets; but now that same circle has also been placed under your character when self-targeting, which didn't occur before 7.0.3. Before, your character was highlighted in reference to the rest of its surroundings.

Also extremely annoyed by this especially if you target yourself while mounted it looks ridiculous.

The only option I found to disable this is while in a raid apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    Also extremely annoyed by this especially if you target yourself while mounted it looks ridiculous.

The only option I found to disable this is while in a raid apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, precisely. The circle is most visually jarring when flying around on mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazza View Post
    Is there any cvar around that can disable the circle and return the highlight when targeting myself?
    You could set the Outline Mode to "Quest Objectives, Mouseover, and Target" to return the highlight when targeting yourself

To remove the circle when targeting yourself, turn this snippet into an addon with http://addon.bool.no/
    Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame")

function f:OnEvent(event)
    	if not IsInGroup() then -- not in raid/battleground
    		SetCVar("ObjectSelectionCircle", UnitIsUnit("player", "target") and 0 or 1)
    	end
    end

f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", f.OnEvent)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...floor-circle#6
    Last edited by Ketho; 2016-07-27 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks for link, there was already a thread for this.

And Ketho, I shall love you eternally.

You're welcome

I forgot that it shouldn't do that while in raids/battlegrounds, will edit the script
    Last edited by Ketho; 2016-07-27 at 04:33 PM.

I see you've changed the script already. But I don't mind if the circle doesn't show up in raids/battlegrounds. You changed the script towards being visible or being invisible in those contexts?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vazza View Post
    I see you've changed the script already. But I don't mind if the circle doesn't show up in raids/battlegrounds. You changed the script towards being visible or being invisible in those contexts?

Changed it to being visible in raids/battlegrounds

(Actually just in groups but it's a lazy way to do it)

On the same / similar subject - the pre patch also brought a change it seems to the circle around targets, or more to the point, underneath them, specifically mobs that are part of a quest objective. They have a circle of light under them that can be seen from a distance.

To me it looks like the mobs have a torch under them when they are needed for a quest - the light goes out when you have met the quest objective.

I can't link pics, but does anyone know how to stop this glowing circle from appearing (within the targeting reticule, even before you select the target). A console command perhaps?

Help! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solstar123 View Post
    On the same / similar subject - the pre patch also brought a change it seems to the circle around targets, or more to the point, underneath them, specifically mobs that are part of a quest objective. They have a circle of light under them that can be seen from a distance.

To me it looks like the mobs have a torch under them when they are needed for a quest - the light goes out when you have met the quest objective.

I can't link pics, but does anyone know how to stop this glowing circle from appearing (within the targeting reticule, even before you select the target). A console command perhaps?

Help! Thanks
    Tried a new character to see this, and you're right, hadn't noticed it yet. I wish Blizzard would just stop adding visual cues for everything. This merits a thread of its own.

I just can't get used to it so far, it's taking it a bit too far to make it so obvious what we need to kill.

Hopeful that someone will know how to resolve - this was the closest thread I could find so I thought I would try here, the poster a few above seems quite knowledgable about these things!

I just can't get used to it so far, it's taking it a bit too far to make it so obvious what we need to kill.

Hopeful that someone will know how to resolve - this was the closest thread I could find so I thought I would try here, the poster a few above seems quite knowledgable about these things!

I tried to look into it, but couldn't find any cvar (or anything else) to remove the circle below quest objective npcs

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    I tried to look into it, but couldn't find any cvar (or anything else) to remove the circle below quest objective npcs
    Thanks for looking, I was hoping you might be the one to come up with something. Worth a shot, maybe something will come along to resolve it, or perhaps I will get used to it eventually!

This might be better raised with blizzard, asking for individual highlight/circle control on yourself, and more control over quest objectives.
    A popular argument seems to be "immersion", so why not throw a buzzword at them.
    No reason why players can't in my opinion have that option themselves, to have a more visible or less visible objective for a quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thanks for looking, I was hoping you might be the one to come up with something. Worth a shot, maybe something will come along to resolve it, or perhaps I will get used to it eventually!

Well I was wrong, apparently you can set the NPC Names option to "Quest NPCs" or use this command to remove the quest mob circles
    Code:
    /console ShowQuestUnitCircles 0