Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What would happen if i ate an cancer tumor?

Would i die?

10+ Year Old Account
    You would digest it, stomach enzymes would destroy it and whatever proteins and fats and sugars are in it would be absorbed in your blood.

Unless there are toxins produced by whatever disease caused by the cancer, or the disease-causing agent itself is present, you'll be fine. It won't attached to you or corrupt your own DNA to cause cancer on its own.

Though . . . don't know why you'd want to eat a tumor.
    Putin khuliyo

You would be disgusted with yourself.

Your body would destroy it.

Should it somehow become 'attached' to any surface, the Major Histocompatibility Complex identification will present foreign matter to your body, at which point your immune system will destroy it.

YOUD GET CANCER and if you spat on someone or breathed on them THEY WOULD GET CANCER TOO

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You'd probably cure cancer.

nothing bad, cancer is caused by faulty DNA and you don't absorb DNA from food. If you did you'd be some weird mutant monster by now
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

As Adam Jensen said nothing would happen outside of normal digestive processes. Usually.

There are VERY rare forms of cancer that are "contagious" - including this one that can spread from biting the infected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_...tumour_disease
    The most plausible route of transmission is through biting, particularly when canine teeth come into direct contact with the diseased cells.[10] Other modes of transmission include, but are not limited to, the ingesting of an infected carcass or the sharing of food, both of which involve an allogeneic transfer of cells between unrelated individuals.
    The theory that cancer cells themselves could be an infective agent (the Allograft Theory[18]) was first supported by the researchers A-M. Pearse, K. Swift, and colleagues. In 2006, Pearse and Swift analyzed DFTD cells from several devils in different locations, and determined that all of the DFTD cells were not only genetically identical to each other, but also genetically distinct from their hosts, and from all known Tasmanian devils. Thus the cancer must have originated in a single individual and spread, rather than arising separately within each animal.
    Further research from the University of Sydney has shown that the infectious facial cancer may be able to spread because of low diversity in devil immune genes (MHC class I and II).[24] The same genes are also found in the tumours, so the devil's immune system does not recognize the tumour cells as foreign.[25][26] There are at least four, and most likely more, strains of the cancer, showing that it is evolving, and may become more virulent.
    Humans should be fairly safe though from something like this. As it shows above a large reason why it spreads so fast among Tasmanian Devils is that they have very low genetic diversity while in comparison humans are much more varied.

Deleted
    If you cook it in a placenta sauce and serve with dandruff parmesan you could win Master Chef.

Deleted
    wow this is stupid and ignorant and offensive to anyone who has had to deal with cancer.

it is not a joking matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    wow this is stupid and ignorant and offensive to anyone who has had to deal with cancer.

I'd find it difficult to think of many people that haven't known someone who has either died from or survived cancer. It is going to become more common too as people live longer and other threats to health are more easily treated. There's nothing wrong with joking about "bad stuff".

Thinking about the OP a little more. I'd guess it is likely that many people have had tumorous tissue in food. It isn't like every cow, chicken, sheep and pig gets a full work up before being slaughtered. Certain things are screened for but only specific conditions. Quite conceivable that we have eaten the very beginning of such without ever realising when they are very small and the animal has displayed no symptoms. Different bits of the animals go to different places and get consumed at different times. All the "gubbins" that is mechanically processed for the likes of sausages just gets mashed up anyhoo. I'd imagine even something quite large can find its way into the mix.

Do you think you absorb the DNA of your food or something?

Is it also offensive to starving kids in Africa because it happens to deal with eating something?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you would gain the cancers powers of death, testicles and boobies would randomly fall off in your presence, lungs would shrivel up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck gives people the impulsion to ask these incredible questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    Is it also offensive to starving kids in Africa because it happens to deal with eating something?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    I'd find it difficult to think of many people that haven't known someone who has either died from or survived cancer. It is going to become more common too as people live longer and other threats to health are more easily treated. There's nothing wrong with joking about "bad stuff".

Thinking about the OP a little more. I'd guess it is likely that many people have had tumorous tissue in food. It isn't like every cow, chicken, sheep and pig gets a full work up before being slaughtered. Certain things are screened for but only specific conditions. Quite conceivable that we have eaten the very beginning of such without ever realising when they are very small and the animal has displayed no symptoms. Different bits of the animals go to different places and get consumed at different times. All the "gubbins" that is mechanically processed for the likes of sausages just gets mashed up anyhoo. I'd imagine even something quite large can find its way into the mix.
    irrelevant arguments. and really shocking views.

people try so hard to prove that they are anti-establishment that they say ridiculous things and pretend it is really their views. your posts are an example of that.

You would be a cannibal because you eating human body parts.

Cancer is nothing more cells that grow and spread in the wrong way

Uh oh here come SJWs to take cancer under their wing, pretty soon people without cancer will be privileged and cancer will enter into their victim hierarchy. It will probably beat trans and homo since you can't really "choose" into it but lose to female.

irrelevant arguments. and really shocking views.

people try so hard to prove that they are anti-establishment that they say ridiculous things and pretend it is really their views. your posts are an example of that.
    I just think it's ridiculous that you immediately get offended over a question on the internet just because the topic is (probably) silly and about cancer.

Are you unable to have a sense of humor when discussing any controversial topic or just when it deals with cancer?

I'm going to assume you had a loved one or you yourself are dealing with this disease and my condolences, but you need to lighten up and realize you're on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post
    As Adam Jensen said nothing would happen outside of normal digestive processes. Usually.

There are VERY rare forms of cancer that are "contagious" - including this one that can spread from biting the infected.
    Direct spread might be rare - but it's not uncommon to have cancers caused by viruses - that are themselves contagious - like some HPV causing cervical cancer (even if not all HPV and not all cervical cancers).