Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PC Out of Control. Obama Signs New Law

Here we go again. In a move sure to bring more voters to Donald Trump who are sick and tired of political correctness being shoved down our throats, President Obama signs a law requiring all references to Oriental and Negro to be removed from all government documentation, bowing to political correctness once again. Yes, the terms could be considered outdated, but instead of spending 10s of thousands of man hours scouring federal documents and probably billions of dollars paying people to find and correct the terms, couldnt we just wait until new documents are created phasing the terms out naturally, just like they did in every day life?

I could understand if they had "Nigger" and "Chink" as check boxes on a form, but Negro (describing the color black) and Oriental (describing a location, the Orient) arent names, they are descriptions which are even still used in many countries. In addition the law also removes Eskimo, Indian, Aleut, and Spanish-Speaking. Just ridiculous!!!

Doesnt Obama have anything better to spend his time on? Like maybe removing ISIS from the planet?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=39267499

President Obama signed into law today a measure to replace references to minorities considered offensive -- such as "oriental" and "negro" from federal law.

The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Grace Meng, D-New York, is an effort to "modernize terms relating to minorities," replaces a slew of terms in a public health law written in the late 1970's with terms are considered more politically correct today.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-07-29 at 12:14 PM.

i'm confused, this kinda makes sense, consistent nomenclature is important for having a working legal system

frankly i'd prefer broader legal reform but it's a reasonable measure
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Oh Orlong, you silly goose, nobody will vote for your Trumpy over this.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i'm confused, this kinda makes sense, consistent nomenclature is important for having a working legal system

frankly i'd prefer broader legal reform but it's a reasonable measure
    I'm with you. Consistency is pretty damned important.

Deleted
    its a law thats dumb and alot of people will break, just cos its illegal or punishable doesnt mean shit, i mean its illegal to download music and movies but people still do it, millions of people download music off youtube lol

Why are we blaming Obama for this? This law would've had to pass both Republican-controlled wings of legislature to even get to his desk. If you're angry about this law, you should vote for Hillary.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

"PC is out of control and people keep shoving it down our throats!" = "I enjoy being an asshole to other people and I don't like people telling me I can't be an asshole."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he had to have got several Republicans to approve the bill in order for it to make it to his desk. Unless there were some other stuff in the bill the Republicans wanted.

The terms aren't considered outdated. They are considered racist. I understand how you can mistake the two though, being from both camps.

Yeah, typical Orlong-thread, baebeerage over nothing.

I'm sure Indian and Redskin will be allowed to remain though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man is this unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "PC is out of control and people keep shoving it down our throats!" = "I enjoy being an asshole to other people and I don't like people telling me I can't be an asshole."
    I view with the momentum of all things PC and the SWJ morons out there leading countries towards a total authoritarian state... that's what they want apparently. Prosecute people merely for "thought crimes".

Less freedom for everyone on the basis of stopping to hurt feelings...! \o/
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-07-29 at 12:30 PM.

What I want to know is why the OP thinks hundreds or thousands of people and billions must be spent. Master copies of all gov't documentation is stored electronically, and can be changed at the touch of a few buttons, after the terms are searched for via computer very quickly.

Hyperbole much?

Calling black people Negros and east-asian people Oriental is akin to calling white people Honky. People hate being called oriental, they hate being called negro.

Do you like being called honky, Orlong? Would you like if all legal references to white people were as honky?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Orlong, you silly willy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    its a law thats dumb and alot of people will break, just cos its illegal or punishable doesnt mean shit, i mean its illegal to download music and movies but people still do it, millions of people download music off youtube lol
    They are removing those terms from the wording of laws, not making the words illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What I want to know is why the OP thinks hundreds or thousands of people and billions must be spent. Master copies of all gov't documentation is stored electronically, and can be changed at the touch of a few buttons, after the terms are searched for via computer very quickly.

Hyperbole much?
    Rage of Orlong foiled by Ctrl-F.

Deleted
    I'm 100% certain the office clerks that will be dealing with this, would not be of any use in dealing with ISIS.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

Hyperbole much?
    Nah man, Congress is going to have to scour the entire Library of Congress to hunt down all those words and rewrite them using the original format!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Damn, what's wrong with oriental? O_o

USA is a really awkward place.