Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    Deleted

FINAL DAY to get windows 10 for free

today is the last day you wil get t upgrade to windows 10 for free, Tbh i dnt care windows 7 is better than 10 ever will be

10+ Year Old Account
    Think Microsoft will leave Windows 7 users alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had Windows 10 for a year, damn time flies

Apparently DX12 is only available on windows 10 - that alone is a good enough reason to upgrade i.m.o, i had no issues with win 8.1 but after hearing that i upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Apparently DX12 is only available on windows 10 - that alone is a good enough reason to upgrade i.m.o, i had no issues with win 8.1 but after hearing that i upgraded.
    Once you upgrade, you will not really even notice a difference, except that W10 is faster, and more responsive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't downloaded it the entire time it's been free, why would I bother now?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Win8 user here, didn't switched - because why, really? Win8 is more than enough for my home workstation which is used only for games, music, internet surfing and video. DX12, lol. Be serious guys, you won't see any real dx12 only games worth playing for next like 5+ years. Moreso now, when AAA gaming market becomes more and more shitty with every year, and only indie developers haven't forgot that games should not be only for profit, but for fun as well.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-29 at 01:58 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Win8 user here, didn't switched - because why, really? Win8 is more than enough for my home workstation which is used only for games, music, internet surfing and video. DX12, lol. Be serious guys, you won't see any real dx12 only games worth playing for next like 5+ years.
    Why W8? Why not Vista? Why Windows ME?

W10 is faster, more responsive and is designed around dx12 that will be coming is most games. Anything before W10 is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I haven't downloaded it the entire time it's been free, why would I bother now?
    Because you'll eventually need to pay for it anyway, so why not get it while it's still free?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's not nearly enough tinfoil on this Earth to go around when it comes to Windows 10 conspiracies.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Why W8? Why not Vista? Why Windows ME?

W10 is faster, more responsive and is designed around dx12 that will be coming is most games. Anything before W10 is not.
    Why not? I like win8. I like its performance. Comparing win8 to vista or ME is laughable and shows the levels of your tech knowledge, since win10 is just your glorified win8.1 with start menu, cortana, microsoft shop and dx12 - and I don't need anything of that.

Oh thank God I can finally get this thing off my desktop.

Win8 user here, didn't switched - because why, really? Win8 is more than enough for my home workstation which is used only for games, music, internet surfing and video. DX12, lol. Be serious guys, you won't see any real dx12 only games worth playing for next like 5+ years. Moreso now, when AAA gaming market becomes more and more shitty with every year, and only indie developers haven't forgot that games should not be only for profit, but for fun as well.
    Why does it have to be dx12 only games? It's a free performance boost to use DX12 mode if available.

We've got Deus Ex: Mankind Divided which should be coming in less than a month.

Forza Horizon 3 in about 2 months

Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, Civ VI in under 3 months.

Watch Dogs 2 in under 4 months.

6 games in the next 4 months. Sounds a lot closer than 5+ years to me. Those are just the games coming out this year that will use it. What about next year?

Also, even if it is 5+ years away. That means in 5+ years, you'll have to buy W10. Why not just get it for free now instead of planning to spend money later?

Deleted
    I downloaded Windows 10, using it's handy upgrade option. It destroyed my computer. The upgrade didn't work properly, since it left bits of the old OS all over the place. When I rolled back, it left bits of Windows 10 all over the place. I even formatted the hard drive, but it had somehow broken that as well.

So I needed to buy a new hard drive and lost a lot of work.

I reinstalled trusty Windows 7 and will not be getting the "handy" free upgrade to 10. No thanks.

Deleted
    I was deciding whether I should stick with 7 or finally upgrade to 10 this week. Decided to update anyway, considering it was the last free week. I had a few issues with 7 (taskbar not disappearing when I watch Youtube vids on fullscreen, for example) that were all fixed after the upgrade. So yeah, no regrets so far. Performancewise, I see no difference in my games.

Anyone know if you can get an upgrade code for a w8 license without installing it on a machine?

I have one I picked up a while ago, but don't have a machine to install it on currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    Anyone know if you can get an upgrade code for a w8 license without installing it on a machine?

I have one I picked up a while ago, but don't have a machine to install it on currently.
    No, you won't. You have to use "upgrade" option to get free win10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Think Microsoft will leave Windows 7 users alone?
    +1

I can't believe, that I will finally be able to turn auto update on again...

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you won't. You have to use "upgrade" option to get free win10.
    You can use any Windows 7 Home/Pro or Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro key to activate Windows 10 as long as it hasn't been used in a Windows 10 upgrade before. You can clean install Windows 10, say "I dont have a key" and then select the correct version, Home or Pro, and then use the key to activate Windows 10 after the installation. It will say: "Windows is activated with digital entitlement." or something like that.

EDIT:

You will have to do this prior to the free upgrade option expiring, i'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    +1

I can't believe, that I will finally be able to turn auto update on again...
    http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

GWX Control Panel has been out for a while.

Deleted
    love how most of us think DX12 will work right off the bat with these new gamesalot of cards that are popular dnt support DX12 so you will have to pay for a new card anyways, and i plan on using windows 7 until wow stops supporting it, and when i checked legion system speccs they still have xp there and thats nearly 20 years old so windows 7 is gonna be supported for many years to come